Mother's Day Gift Card Promo

afiaccone

So what happens if I purchase gift cards and put them towards the cost of the fare and the cruise is cancelled?  My worry would be the expiration date on the promotional card? Are we talking it has an expiration date of six months, a year, two years?  

Diane

22 minutes ago, Set to go said:

So what happens if I purchase gift cards and put them towards the cost of the fare and the cruise is cancelled?  My worry would be the expiration date on the promotional card? Are we talking it has an expiration date of six months, a year, two years?  

Diane

Promotional gift card expires on 5/1/2022. 
Gift cards are refunded as gift cards so once applied to a booking it will be refunded as a regular gift card

Edited by Jadn13

Just now, Tedferg said:

I have a basic question. What is the benefit of gift cards ? Do you get more than the face value of the card?

I only buy gift cards when they are cheaper than the face value.  I ordered $1000 in gift cards for $850 

17 minutes ago, afiaccone said:

I only buy gift cards when they are cheaper than the face value.  I ordered $1000 in gift cards for $850 

OK I was comparing with buying a Macy's for someone versus giving a vulgar $100 😊

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I have a basic question. What is the benefit of gift cards ? Do you get more than the face value of the card?

No, but you could earn some extra credit card points which later you can turn into free gift cards for yourself.  (Instead of giving cash which earns you nothing) It all depends on how you travel hack 😁

13 hours ago, Tedferg said:

In general, no. It is like any other gift card. Pay face value and get face value.

The current promotion allows you to pay face value but get a bonus gift card which represents extra (free) value.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

In general, no. It is like any other gift card. Pay face value and get face value.

That is why I wondered why people have several thousand $ worth of gift cards.

10 hours ago, Tedferg said:

That is why I wondered why people have several thousand $ worth of gift cards.

Because many of them bought them when a bonus was offered. In come cases, they could buy them usuaing a credit card that gave up to a 20% rebate. So if one bought a $500 gift card using that card during a Princess promotion, they could buy a $500 gift card for $400 and get a $50 bonus card from Princess.

Result is $550 of gift cards for $400.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, afiaccone said:

I think this came up on and older thread.  Don't you have to be an Allstate customer?

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I think this came up on and older thread.  Don't you have to be an Allstate customer?

You don’t, which seems crazy. You  get a bonus for signing up and 50 points daily just for logging in.
You can turn those points in right away for 15% off.

(they do have a small shipping charge)

I just paid $257 for a $300 gift card, that savings is enough to cover a coffee package 😁️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, caribill said:

Because many of them bought them when a bonus was offered. In come cases, they could buy them usuaing a credit card that gave up to a 20% rebate. So if one bought a $500 gift card using that card during a Princess promotion, they could buy a $500 gift card for $400 and get a $50 bonus card from Princess.

Result is $550 of gift cards for $400.

Thanks for the clarification, I remember previous discussions about credit cards expiring or some other problems wit them. I don't remember seeing an offer to buy Gift Cards and, as I said previously, I thought this was simply a way to provide a gift for someone else who was taking a cruise. Like children to their parents or vice versa when not cruising together.