Unconventional B2B, what do I do on turnaround day?

Hi- I'm on the 11-07-21 California Coastal on the K-dam form SD, then again on the 11-14-21 on the K-dam going to Mexico from SD. (Travelling solo on the first cruise)

My wife joins me for the 2nd cruise and we are in a different cabin. I will have only 1 medium size bag, can I give it to the front desk with the the new tags on it for the next cruise or do I have to take off the ship with me and keep it until we check-in for the next cruise?

I've discovered the SD cruise terminal has no baggage storage facilities. we are 4 star Mariners if that would help any with HAL's willingness to accommodate my request.

Thanks, 

Paul

Paul,

Most likely you will be able to drop off your bag in your new stateroom before you disembark as a B2B pax  you will have the option of being one of the last off and returning right back on board as soon as the gust count is zero.

This is unless HAL has change protocols.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

My wife joins me for the 2nd cruise and we are in a different cabin. I will have only 1 medium size bag, can I give it to the front desk with the the new tags on it for the next cruise or do I have to take off the ship with me and keep it until we check-in for the next cruise?

In the past when you had a different cabin for the second cruise the cabin stewards would assist you in changing cabins. You didn't have to pack, drawers are interchangeable and anything in the closets would be transferred on a valet stand

• Like 6

My Room Stewards have always moved my stuff as soon as the occupants have departed my future stateroom.  This has happened as early as 8:30 AM to me.

You will be given a time to report to the Front Desk and pickup your new stateroom key card.  You will depart the ship and wait in the terminal until returning passengers are allowed to return.  This is usually an hour before the regular passengers are permitted to do so.  You can also just wait in the terminal and board with our wife.

Your shipboard account may be rolled over and not settled until you disembark for the last time.  Probably the same for your internet purchases.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2

As others have said, the crew will help you change rooms.  You don’t even have to be there.

Check with the front desk as to the protocol.

The one time I changed rooms I did have to pack up my toiletries and anything in drawers.  The crew simply removed the clothes that were hanging and put them on the rack and the suitcases underneath.  It went as smooth as silk.

Just don’t forget to empty your safety deposit box 😉 

• Like 3