Questions about FCC's

Just made final payment for our cruise with our TA.  Our TA sent an email stating Royal now treats FCC as a combination of deduction to the fare and payment to my account.

My statement from our TA shows two figures labeled "Travel Credit" and "Future Travel Credit".  The "Travel Credit" reduces our fare and the "Future Travel Credit" is subtracted from the total cost.

The sum of "Travel Credit" and "Future Travel Credit" exactly equals 125% of our cancelled cruise.  

My question is...is there a downside to this?...in other words, do I lose anything if Royal has to cancel this upcoming cruise?...do I lose anything if I have to make a change?

Second and final question is...does anybody understand what is going on with Royal's refunds?...background with me includes random refunds that don't agree with taxes or excursions.  Most of our FCC's came through fine but I have two in limbo from last fall.  

Cheers 

19 minutes ago, Sittin'OnTheDock said:

does anybody understand what is going on with Royal's refunds?...background with me includes random refunds that don't agree with taxes or excursions

You just need to account for the total, eventually; RCI refunding it in odd amounts and different times is normal.

5 hours ago, Sittin'OnTheDock said:

My statement from our TA shows two figures labeled "Travel Credit" and "Future Travel Credit".  The "Travel Credit" reduces our fare and the "Future Travel Credit" is subtracted from the total cost.

The sum of "Travel Credit" and "Future Travel Credit" exactly equals 125% of our cancelled cruise.  

They started applying them this way several months ago.  Prior to that they just adjusted your cruise fare.

the travel credit portion is the bonus 25% that you received for taking the FCC while the amount showing as a payment is what you actually paid (100%)