When can I expect to see my FCC?

jules815

Booked with a deposit for October, 2021 to secure the room we wanted. Still have a FCC coming to put toward this cruise. I know people have been complaining about FCC's taking forever. Just wondering if I should start being concerned, or relax because we've still got some time.

I think it's safe to say that everyone has a different experience, but here's how our timeframe went:

We were notified on Jan 14, 2021, that our Jan 24, 2021 Seaside cruise was cancelled by MSC.  We were told that we would receive our FCC within a month.

On Feb 1, we asked our travel agent to call in and see how things were progressing, and he called back and said that our FCC was available to be used, and gave us the amount.  

By Feb 15, we received an official notice from MSC with an FCC certificate, showing our FCC amount.

So, for us, our most recent cancellation dealings with MSC were surprisingly efficient and well done.  We had access and could use our FCC within the promised month. 👏👍

However, for comparison purposes, back in 2019, we cancelled a cruise and asked for our deposit to be returned to our credit card, and that took about 3 months!  🙄🙄

If you're using a travel agent, have him call in to MSC to check with them, and if you're booked directly, it's worth calling yourself to keep checking.

Hope it all goes smoothly.

Something to note:

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case ...

when we received the notification from MSC that our cruise was cancelled, and when we should expect to see our FCC issued, they said that our FCC would be attached to the booking number of the original (cancelled) cruise.  And that whenever making any inquiries or further bookings using that FCC, we should make sure to use that original booking number.

So, when we asked our TA to call MSC for an update, we reminded him of that and reminded him of that original booking number.  

I do do know that without referencing the original number, the MSC agents seem to be a little lost (to put it kindly).

So, if you haven't done so already, maybe be sure to inquire about the original booking number, and that might help them track things.

41 minutes ago, Robkat said:

Something to note:

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case ...

when we received the notification from MSC that our cruise was cancelled, and when we should expect to see our FCC issued, they said that our FCC would be attached to the booking number of the original (cancelled) cruise.  And that whenever making any inquiries or further bookings using that FCC, we should make sure to use that original booking number.

So, when we asked our TA to call MSC for an update, we reminded him of that and reminded him of that original booking number.  

I do do know that without referencing the original number, the MSC agents seem to be a little lost (to put it kindly).

So, if you haven't done so already, maybe be sure to inquire about the original booking number, and that might help them track things.

I'm going to call today. My concern is we don't have the FCC by our final payment date. No way we're paying out of pocket again for this cruise.

6 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I'm going to call today. My concern is we don't have the FCC by our final payment date. No way we're paying out of pocket again for this cruise.

It's a good idea to call. Sometimes, the FCC is "there" months before you receive the email. It can be tricky as the rep might mix up the confirmation numbers and you might get booked twice on the same cruise (it happened to me). Eventually, everything worked out fine.

I just called. Again I was told that it will be taken care of, but that it will just take time. Apparently my FCC is linked to my April 2021 booking, and they're having a hard time transferring to my new one. He told me the problem is that I made a new booking before receiving my FCC. I told him I was concerned about getting a room on the deck we wanted (YC, deck 16), and he told me, "YC doesn't fill up until closer to sail date" (huh??) and "there are still a lot of rooms in YC for your sailing." Yes, but there's only one room remaining on deck 16, and a few days ago, even that wasn't available.  Also, not my first rodeo, but thanks for your input.

I told him that my concern is I know people are still waiting for FCC's to be issued for cruises canceled almost a year ago. Our final payment is in, what, 3 months? If I don't get my FCC, there's no way I'm forking over more money. So, pretty much no help...waiting game continues again.

48 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Apparently my FCC is linked to my April 2021 booking, and they're having a hard time transferring to my new one.

It's the weird way that MSC does things...

48 minutes ago, jules815 said:

He told me the problem is that I made a new booking before receiving my FCC.

I did the same. What happens is that the old confirmation number with the FCC becomes the new confirmation number for the new cruise. Whatever the confirmation number is for the cruise that you later booked will disappear. The problem is when the current price is higher than the price that you booked (and received a confirmation number for). MSC will then forward the new confirmation number to another department who will match the lower price if needed. Give them 10 business days. 

52 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I told him I was concerned about getting a room on the deck we wanted (YC, deck 16), and he told me, "YC doesn't fill up until closer to sail date" (huh??) and "there are still a lot of rooms in YC for your sailing."

What could also happen (it happened to me) is that the new confirmation number (the FCC) could be applied to a different stateroom than the one that you booked on your own. If that happens, make sure that the other department (the 10 days one) knows exactly the stateroom that you want. They will put you in the stateroom that you want to be in. My issue was with a Royal Suite. There are only 2 and I was booked in one. MSC then booked me into the other one so I then had both. Long story short, everything was fixed within the 10 business days after emailing everything (confirmation PDFs, desired stateroom, correct price) to  MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

...waiting game continues again.

....hang in there. Good luck. 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just finished checking in with MSC again regarding having the FCC transferred to my new booking. We're supposed to sail in October of this year.  This is probably the 5th call I've made. I'm always nice and have been very patient. I keep getting told that this has been escalated to management, and that nothing can be done until the FCC is available. The FCC is linked to the booking we had for 10/31/20. (We also had a booking for 4/16/21 that they canceled, but for some reason the FCC is linked to the 10/31 booking)  "You'll get an email, or maybe even a call, when the FCC is available."

FCC for some reason, can't actually be linked to our new booking. Once the FCC is available, I'll have to call, and our new booking will be canceled, then hopefully they can quickly rebook using the FCC so we don't lose our room.  I don't understand how hard it is to release the FCC?  I even have an email from them with a FCC reference number. (FCC is worth almost $5400)

Meanwhile, rooms in the YC are booking up. And yeah, our final payment isn't due until mid-July, but the FCC was supposed to be available months ago, and I'm getting nervous. 

So back to waiting. Adding another "Call MSC" to my calendar for 2 weeks out. I have little faith that "management" is working on this, because I've heard it so many times before.

9 minutes ago, jules815 said:

"You'll get an email, or maybe even a call, when the FCC is available."

My FCC was scheduled to arrive on June 15th but I received the FCC email on May 25th. 

Nobody really understands why some FCCs take months (years?) and others arrive ahead of schedule. 

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

My FCC was scheduled to arrive on June 15th but I received the FCC email on May 25th. 

Nobody really understands why some FCCs take months (years?) and others arrive ahead of schedule. 

It's crazy. And there's no way I'm paying any more out of pocket for our new booking. (They actually suggested that, so we don't lose the room we want.) They can't release an FCC from a booking back in October, 2020, for a new booking for October 2021??  

I was told today (again) that once the FCC is released and we go thru the motions of canceling the new booking, then rebooking with my old booking number (apparently the only way an FCC can be used), I will receive the deposit back for the booking that will have to be canceled (the new one), which is a good thing. (Sorry if this is so confusing!)

I've had 3 cruises canceled by them due to COVID. (4/2020, 10/2020, 4/2021)  I took the FCC option in good faith with them that everything would work out. 

I just Tweeted @ MSCUSA, to see if I get a reply. I even played the Diamond member card to see if that helps. So far though, crickets.

HA!  Well, well, well...could it have been the Tweet?? They never replied to my Tweet, but out of the blue, just got an email from MSC, with receipts. Newest booking was canceled and rebooked with the old booking number so they could apply the FCC. We got to stay in the room we wanted. That was all taken care of, leaving us with a $428.55 credit, that I know has to be used online before we sail, can't be used as OBC, plus $200 obc because of an ongoing promotion.

Finally!  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jules815 said:

(Sorry if this is so confusing!)

I'm used to it by now. The whole "...cancel the old, return the deposit, the FCC confirmation number becomes the new, new confirmation number, etc..."

39 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I took the FCC option in good faith with them that everything would work out. 

So far, everything has worked out in my cases. I'm waiting to see what the World Class (Europa) has to offer before applying my newest FCC to one of my current bookings. 

Just now, jules815 said:

Finally! 

I just saw your post. Happy for you. 👍

UPDATE:  Not only did I get an email, but a phone call from a VP of Call Center Operations. She couldn't have been nicer! Apologized and thanked me for my patience. We chatted for quite a while, and she told me she came to MSC after over 25 years with Royal Caribbean. 

One thing she told me, that I really want to double check, because with my luck I'd get onboard and they'd tell me something different, is that the balance I have because of the FCC, which is almost $430.00, CAN BE USED AS ON BOARD CREDIT.  In the past, I was told that any balance from the FCC could only be used for purchases online pre-cruise.  So that's something different, unless it's been mentioned here and I just missed it. She did say that any remaining balance not used on board would be non-refundable.

Anyway, impressed I got a call in addition to the email.  Now I can relax and start planning.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:25 AM, jules815 said:

Booked with a deposit for October, 2021 to secure the room we wanted. Still have a FCC coming to put toward this cruise. I know people have been complaining about FCC's taking forever. Just wondering if I should start being concerned, or relax because we've still got some time.

I am so glad that you got your FCC, which is a huge amount

did the tweet work or was it your email ?

Edited by drsel

On 5/26/2021 at 11:44 PM, jules815 said:

On 5/26/2021 at 11:44 PM, jules815 said:

HA!  Well, well, well...could it have been the Tweet?? They never replied to my Tweet, but out of the blue, just got an email from MSC, with receipts. Newest booking was canceled and rebooked with the old booking number so they could apply the FCC. We got to stay in the room we wanted. That was all taken care of, leaving us with a $428.55 credit, that I know has to be used online before we sail, can't be used as OBC, plus $200 obc because of an ongoing promotion.

I also have a cancelled Cruise of Sept 2021 on which I had paid a deposit of $398.

I need to transfer this deposit along with $200 OBC to another October 2021 Cruise which I've already booked with another deposit of $398.

What is the procedure and what should I do?

Edited by drsel

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I am so glad that you got your FCC, which is a huge amount

did the tweet work or was it your email ?

I'm really not sure what worked. Could have just been a coincidence that everything got taken care of after my Tweet. She told me that she had been listening in on calls yesterday, and happened to notice mine, and all the trouble I've been having getting my FCC. She was able to do something with IT to make it happen. So not only did they email me once everything was changed, I had a call from a VP following up and apologizing for my trouble. Super impressive that happened, since up until now, my experience with MSC customer service hasn't been positive. There's a thread out there now about MSC customer service improving, so maybe this is another example of that.

• Thanks 1