Fun Times on App only?

nina_930

6 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I'm just wondering what everyone takes pictures with or how they communicate with their travel companions if they don't carry around a cell phone?

Go to ANY restaurant in the US and you will find a majority of people on their cell phones.  They are playing games, reading social, taking selfies and pic of their food.   It is not limited to any age group...they all participate.  Why would being on a ship be any different?   LOL   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I'm just wondering what everyone takes pictures with or how they communicate with their travel companions if they don't carry around a cell phone? It's also good for checking charges and such. I'd rather not carry my phone around also but these are important benefits that are pretty crucial. Posting the fun times digitally to the televisions in staterooms could be another good option.   

Not everyone takes photos - I do, but I know folks that rarely get out their phone or carry a real camera for casual photography.

I cruise with my wife and only her, and we are fairly inseparable, so to communicate with her I just say "hey, babe!"

I don't use my phone for any real-world connectivity while cruising, so no checking emails or making calls, even in port.

So if I didn't have a penchant for taking photos, I wouldn't have my phone on me either.

• Like 1

While many posters here on CC say they prefer the paper copy and don't want to carry a phone around, whenever I walked around the public areas of a ship, I saw most everyone had their phone with them. The majority of CC posters clinging to paper copies become the vast minority once on board.

A few years ago, CC had a thread on how smart phones and digital info will impact our cruising experience.  I said back then that electronics will eventually will out over paper, whether menus, photos or daily schedules like the fun times.

The pandemic is only hastening the digital transformation as it is one area that the cruise lines can pare their expenses. The Fun Times paper will become a relic like a Princess phone or party lines.

• Like 2