Latitudes status change between B2B legs

I am 5 points away from Platinum and will be going on a B2B on the Joy out of Jamaica in September. I will get more than enough points to reach Platinum from the first leg. Will my status change be honored on the second leg? With the specialty dining perk only including 2 meals now, I am really hoping to get the extra two meals from Platinum status in Week 2. Also, that free bag of laundry will definitely come in handy by then.

Edited by JamieLogical

1 hour ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

We were in this situation and the cruise next manager wouldn't help us.  Not saying others haven't had different experiences or that you may have a different experience being in the Haven, just saying what our experience was.  

You seem to have been very unfortunate.

There have been many discussions about this here over the years, and I don't recall anyone ever reporting having problems. Not disputing your experience, but it seems to be very unusual.

It isn't something that should require being in the Haven, but it would certainly help the OP if there were problems (or as suggested above they get the Concierge to talk to Cruisenext for them).

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am 5 points away from Platinum and will be going on a B2B on the Joy out of Jamaica in September. I will get more than enough points to reach Platinum from the first leg. Will my status change be honored on the second leg? With the specialty dining perk only including 2 meals now, I am really hoping to get the extra two meals from Platinum status in Week 2. Also, that free bag of laundry will definitely come in handy by then.

This is from their FAQ page:  Frequently Asked Questions (ncl.com)

Looks like you'll be OK!

5 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

We were in this situation and the cruise next manager wouldn't help us.  Not saying others haven't had different experiences or that you may have a different experience being in the Haven, just saying what our experience was.  

Don't take "NO" for an answer - next level stop ahead is a meeting with the Hotel Director.

If you are in a suite haven use the services of the Concierge to enlighten that NextCruise Mgr.

You are entitled to the benefits earned to apply on that second cruise leg !

Going from Gold to Platinum the entitlements are the Free Laundry and Specialty dinner

increased gift shop discounts and a few more minutes of wi-fi - Don't be Cheated !