Premium Plus and drinks in dinning rooms / other bars?

pmd98052

How does Premium Plus work if you want say a glass of champagne from champagne bar menu in a dinning room? Can you get that or are you limited to what the dinning room itself offers?

Same if you're at another bar? Presumably if that bar doesn't have that item you have to go back to champagne bar or whatever speciality bar has it?

We have had difficulty getting Premium list wines in the MDR. Also, if the bar you're at does not have the specific brand you want, they are not inclined to go to another bar to get it although your experience may vary. Once, on Fantasia, the decktop bar did not have the basic whiskey I wanted so we had a bit of a standoff until they eventually gave me a higher brand. In the MDR, on Meraviglia, they frequently did not have the Premium wine or it took ages to go get it. Ken 

24 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

We have had difficulty getting Premium list wines in the MDR. Also, if the bar you're at does not have the specific brand you want, they are not inclined to go to another bar to get it although your experience may vary. Once, on Fantasia, the decktop bar did not have the basic whiskey I wanted so we had a bit of a standoff until they eventually gave me a higher brand. In the MDR, on Meraviglia, they frequently did not have the Premium wine or it took ages to go get it. Ken 

Thanks - that was my fear - might make the Premium Plus upgrade not worth it to us given we'd want to consume the better drink options with dinner etc.

16 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Thanks - that was my fear - might make the Premium Plus upgrade not worth it to us given we'd want to consume the better drink options with dinner etc.

i think the standard menus definitely have A champagne, but just the Nicholas Fellute one.  The multiple brands the Champagne Bar does I think you’d only get at the champagne bar.  Similar the molecular cocktails you’d only get from the bar that sold them.

I haven’t seen the wines list for main dinning room, but I think pretty much every wine by the glass is on Premium already, and only Champagne that’s on Prem Plus?

21 minutes ago, kernow said:

We always carry our first drink into the MDR (not just MSC, all cruise lines) as we find it often takes a while for drinks to come in MDR.

Yes - we do this as well 🙂 Great minds. Sometimes I'll try to bring two.

• Like 1

Tough decision this one. But I think since I just got £100 back for the 5% Gold discount I'm gonna splash out and go with the Premium Plus. As we're not getting off the ship anywhere I guess I'm going to be pretty much a permanent fixture in the Champagne bar most of the cruise!

I can't find full maps of the ship but I presume its deck 7 mid ship like on the Grandiosa? If so doesn't seem to far of a trek from our aft cabin on 13...  I could even just wear down a path to and throw back to the cabin with them....

Taking drink in is the best idea.  I guess it may be a little complicated at first compared to normal as it’s table service only.  So will have to find a seat, order a drink and then take it to dinner, rather than just walking up to a bar. 🤔😊

6 minutes ago, rattla said:

Taking drink in is the best idea.  I guess it may be a little complicated at first compared to normal as it’s table service only.  So will have to find a seat, order a drink and then take it to dinner, rather than just walking up to a bar. 🤔😊

Good point - that will be a pain. I'll manage I guess 🙂

10 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Tough decision this one. But I think since I just got £100 back for the 5% Gold discount I'm gonna splash out and go with the Premium Plus. As we're not getting off the ship anywhere I guess I'm going to be pretty much a permanent fixture in the Champagne bar most of the cruise!

I can't find full maps of the ship but I presume its deck 7 mid ship like on the Grandiosa? If so doesn't seem to far of a trek from our aft cabin on 13...  I could even just wear down a path to and throw back to the cabin with them....

I reckon half the passengers onboard are planning to frequent the Champagne bar from what I’ve seen 😂. So many seem to have upgraded to P+. 

in all seriousness though, I do think as social distancing and table service will limit the amount of customers, that they may not be able to take everyone that wants to go there?

20 minutes ago, rattla said:

I reckon half the passengers onboard are planning to frequent the Champagne bar from what I’ve seen 😂. So many seem to have upgraded to P+. 

in all seriousness though, I do think as social distancing and table service will limit the amount of customers, that they may not be able to take everyone that wants to go there?

Are they ready to be first in line at 7am to get a table at the champagne bar though? I am 🙂

In all seriousness good point - could well be quite crowded/difficult. Ugh.

43 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Are they ready to be first in line at 7am to get a table at the champagne bar though? I am 🙂

In all seriousness good point - could well be quite crowded/difficult. Ugh.

I was thinking.... won’t be any of this Towels reserving sun beds.... it’ll be people going down to the champagne bar with their towels reserving seats 😂😂

• Like 1

Any thoughts on drinking (not eating)  in the theme bars/restaurants like Hola with just the premium package , I can see some drinks on the Pub menu (from another ship) that are not available elsewhere . Still under a tenner though ! Cheers

1 hour ago, Drivencruise said:

Any thoughts on drinking (not eating)  in the theme bars/restaurants like Hola with just the premium package , I can see some drinks on the Pub menu (from another ship) that are not available elsewhere . Still under a tenner though ! Cheers

Not sure if they allow you to just have drinks at those places?  My instinct is I would be surprised if they let you just drink I’d think they’d want to save tables for those eating (and paying).

obviously Pub would be fine, but anywhere that is mainly a restaurant I would think no?

Edited by rattla

3 hours ago, kernow said:

We always carry our first drink into the MDR (not just MSC, all cruise lines) as we find it often takes a while for drinks to come in MDR.

Great idea, thank you.

As well, the drink package we have never covers beverages in the Steak House so we also carry our beverages into the Steak House.