recent deposit returns

NW Pacific

Thing I pushed "the buy button" too soon for a October 2021 cruise out of Miami on the Joy.  thought the CDS approved sailing in July, but now seems like a mess,  anyway wondering if anyone recently has cancelled a cruise  with only a deposit, and how long it took to get credited back.  Had to cancel a deposited  cruise Sept. 2020, took 45 days??    Booked Haven, so some $$ already invested.  Just saying I don't have any issue with being vaccinated, masks, distancing, so no need to tell me that would be required if by chance it sailed.

17 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Thing I pushed "the buy button" too soon for a October 2021 cruise out of Miami on the Joy.  thought the CDS approved sailing in July, but now seems like a mess,  anyway wondering if anyone recently has cancelled a cruise  with only a deposit, and how long it took to get credited back.  Had to cancel a deposited  cruise Sept. 2020, took 45 days??    Booked Haven, so some $$ already invested.  Just saying I don't have any issue with being vaccinated, masks, distancing, so no need to tell me that would be required if by chance it sailed.

I would contact your TA or PCC or NCL directly if you booked on line.  Tell them what happened.  You're right to be concerned sailing out of FL.  I personally don't think that's going to happen in 2021.  But, there are other Caribbean itineraries going out around that time.  And, the Joy is certainly sailing the Caribbean before then.  See if you can cancel or change itinerary.

20 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

I just cancelled a cruise out of Jamaica on the Joy... deposit only.  Got it back within 7 business days, no problem at all. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I just cancelled a cruise out of Jamaica on the Joy... deposit only.  Got it back within 7 business days, no problem at all. 

Oh no! Why did you cancel? I am super excited to be cruising on the Joy out of Jamaica in September!

33 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Oh no! Why did you cancel? I am super excited to be cruising on the Joy out of Jamaica in September!

Oh believe me, it wasn't b/c I wanted to cancel. Here's what I posted on another thread when asked by GG if we can leave  Canada:  

Oh sure, we can fly to another country, however:

1. You need to make arrangements to stay  in a government approved hotel on your return, the cost is between $1200 - $2000 for 3 days, not including food and drink. 

2. You must quarantine for an add'l 11 days (at home) to meet the 14 day mandatory quarantine. 

3. Any Covid tests you require for travel, you must pay for yourself. (other testing done here are free) 

4. This is despite having had both does of vaccine. 

There are probably other things which make it very inconvenient as well. 

I had a cruise booked on the Joy for Sept. out of Jamaica but when I was told these restrictions would not be changed any time soon, I cancelled it.  

I'll wait, better times ahead.   

Edited by All-ready2cruise

am going to see if I can transfer deposit to another cruise without having to cancel, wait for deposit to be credited, then, book another cruise , yikes, nothing is easy, just a little too anxious to cruise again, .  Personably I think the governor of Florida is ???.   do not want this to turn into a political discussion.  We were excited about going on a fully vaccinated cruise, not having to fly out of country, with safety protocols in place.