When do you think Mardi Gras will sail?

Eli_6

10 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I think that they also throw in free room service (I can barely recall what was offered... wings/nuggets?). Now I'll have to go look up a "recent" room service menu!  🙂

Tom

Ok - just found the menu. I need to start working on expanding my stomach for the cruise !! Now if they could just get a true/hot/full breakfast. Especially with their new tier of suites -- Eggs Benedict would be bliss on the balcony !

Tom

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chadci said:

We’re booked for 10/30 as well. I’d been pretty optimistic it would go, but just not sure anymore. Have been looking at road trips “just in case”. 

I'm thinking you'll be good to go (like our Thanksgiving "back up" to our August sailing)!

Tom

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Ok - just found the menu. I need to start working on expanding my stomach for the cruise !! Now if they could just offer a true/hot/full breakfast via room service. Especially with their new tier of suites -- Eggs Benedict would be bliss on the balcony !

Tom

9 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Ok - just found the menu. I need to start working on expanding my stomach for the cruise !! Now if they could just get a true/hot/full breakfast. Especially with their new tier of suites -- Eggs Benedict would be bliss on the balcony !

Tom

Depends on how old the hollandaise sauce is.  🤔

28 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Depends on how old the hollandaise sauce is.  🤔

Even in their dining room - there's the factor of how long it's sat under the warming light. On Carnival I always order the sauce on the side. That also helps to ensure that the egg is not hard!

Tom

24 minutes ago, helene109 said:

This was a donut from the room service menu. When we were on the Vista in 2018 and Guy Fieri was also on board!

7E35FA0B-24BC-43D1-8999-7048E3090209.jpeg

5560C0D3-21CD-475B-9B81-E3C6A9E5CC1B.jpeg

I'll just say this about Guy... (and I'll keep it short)!!

He was on a sailing of ours a few years back. I hope that I never share a ship with him again - what a *&^#

Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'll just say this about Guy... (and I'll keep it short)!!

He was on a sailing of ours a few years back. I hope that I never share a ship with him again - what a *&^#

Tom

I wonder if we were on the same ship! My husband wasn’t fond of him! This is my daughter with him.

A38164C6-511C-4D45-8485-EF5978DD1D16.jpeg

6 minutes ago, helene109 said:

I wonder if we were on the same ship! My husband wasn’t fond of him! This is my daughter with him.

I think it was on the Breeze. Something tells me he gets a "free ride" whenever he likes! 😉

Our Steakhouse reservations were delayed (after we arrived) as they were filming in there, and they didn't want people coming/going. I get that (should have filmed during off hours). We did get in within 20 or so minutes. Once through the door, one of his "handlers" ( ? ) was right in my face and said basically "as you pass by, don't look his way or try to interact". All I said in reply was "I wasn't planning to". Other tales as well, but that first brush with him left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tom

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I think it was on the Breeze. Something tells me he gets a "free ride" whenever he likes! 😉

Our Steakhouse reservations were delayed (after we arrived) as they were filming in there, and they didn't want people coming/going. I get that (should have filmed during off hours). We did get in within 20 or so minutes. Once through the door, one of his "handlers" ( ? ) was right in my face and said basically "as you pass by, don't look his way or try to interact". All I said in reply was "I wasn't planning to". Other tales as well, but that first brush with him left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tom

I understand! I am sure a few other tales! It was eventful to watch him! My daughter has met a few other celebrity chefs and the others were more personable like Robert Irvine and Andrew Zimern.

28 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Is that him or his mannequin? (j/k)

9 minutes ago, helene109 said:

I understand! I am sure a few other tales! It was eventful to watch him! My daughter has met a few other celebrity chefs and the others were more personable like Robert Irvine and Andrew Zimern.

(OT totally) - but did you catch the "What's Eating America" episodes with Andrew Zimmern? It was a good show, and you could tell the guy has a heart... unlike some other chef I won't mention.  😄

Tom

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 2:32 PM, bigrednole said:

It's the exaggeration and misuse of data as propaganda. This is like saying 3% of people are dying with covid. It was never the case. Most of the people that died did not have to be tested for covid. 

AMEN - Agree with you on all of your posts, bigrednole!  Thought it was just me!  "PROPAGANDA" is spot on when it comes to the CDC.  🤬

41 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Breaking news. Ship is leaving Barcelona this week for arrival June 4 at Port Canaveral. Booyah!

That's great news - I'm sure plenty of us will be tracking it across the pond. I might even head to the port for its arrival (I hope it's not at 3 am or something - lol)

Tom

• Like 2

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25024-carnival-mardi-gras-heading-to-u-s-now-under-bahamian-flag.html

You gotta go see her Tom! I am hoping against hope that our scheduled trip will be the maiden voyage. So we can complain about all the kinks they haven't worked out yet. 🙂 No really, no complaining, never going to complain about a vacation again.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, helene109 said:

Can’t comment on Guy because the only thing I know is all the hearsay a few years back from fellow cruise critic folks that he was a **** bag. How much of that is true and how much of it was a guy ( no pun intended) with his family other than when they were filming who just wanted to be left alone.

I did however have one fleeting interaction with Andrew Zimmerman.

A few years back as I was leaving one of the wine distributors in the Napa Wine country I saw a guy conversing with another fella outside of the warehouse. I thought to myself damn this dude looks familiar. Then it hit me who it was only I couldn’t remember his name.

I nodded as I drove past him in my truck, he smiled and nodded back, and I got the distinct feeling that if I had stopped and got out of my truck he would’ve been more than happy to chat a little. About two miles down the road his name popped back into my head.

But that 2 second interaction left me with an impression that what you see on TV is who he is in real life, a down to earth person who’s not full of himself.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25024-carnival-mardi-gras-heading-to-u-s-now-under-bahamian-flag.html

You gotta go see her Tom! I am hoping against hope that our scheduled trip will be the maiden voyage. So we can complain about all the kinks they haven't worked out yet. 🙂 No really, no complaining, never going to complain about a vacation again.

🙂

I'm pretty sure that (staff wise) most every ship which begins carrying passengers again will be working through kinks. 

And - yep, no complaints!!!

Tom

• Like 2

Should I start feeling better about our 9/11 MG sailing?? Think it will happen??  

We are heading to Orlando for a week on 6/6...(too many canceled cruises has left me desperate for ANY type of vacation)...We will definitely take a drive to the port to see her!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

Should I start feeling better about our 9/11 MG sailing?? Think it will happen??  

We are heading to Orlando for a week on 6/6...(too many canceled cruises has left me desperate for ANY type of vacation)...We will definitely take a drive to the port to see her!! 

I think you have a pretty good shot Anita. 

• My chances for August 7 went up drastically with the announcement the ship is heading stateside. It's been completed and just sitting in Barcelona for months. 
  • There is plenty of vaccine to go around for crew - regardless of the line's official position on vaccines, I would think the vast majority of crew will still get the jab and there is adequate time to do so before passengers arrive.
  • The line is trying to get their largest, newest ships sailing first as evidenced by two Vista-class ships and one Dream-class ship.  Mardi Gras would fit that model.
  • Port Canaveral is one of their biggest ports and it is actively supporting getting things going - Carnival actually has a brand new gorgeous terminal that was finished during the pandemic. So it makes sense that it would be another of the first ports used - along with Galveston and Miami.
  • CDC rules are being updated frequently in ways that are encouraging toward the restart.
  • Don't give up, things are now looking much more optimistic!
Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 2