Accessible shore excursions in Asia

shel003

I’m dreaming of when cruising will start again and of possible future trips.  I would love to do a cruise to Asia but am wondering just how accessible it will be and whether I’ll be able to find accessible shore excursions.

I am in a wheelchair but can weight bear and take a couple of steps with a cane.  I cannot climb steps but can transfer from my wheelchair (standard manual wheelchair) to a regular car or van seat with assistance.  I will be traveling with a friend that can assist me.

The itinerary that I’m interested in is with Holland America (because I’ve read that their tenders are equipped with roll on capability or a lift system.  The ports are: Singapore, Nathon Thailand, Bangkok (overnight), Cambodia, Phu My Vietnam, Nha Trang Vietnam, Da Nang Vietnam, Halong Bay Vietnam, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Qingdao China, Beijing, Dalian China, Nagasaki Japan and finally Tokyo.  Has anyone found any good private shore excursion companies for any of these ports.... who?  What did you do?  Any tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

You might want to post on the appropriate ports of call boards as well.

Also, just because HAL has tenders with roll on capabilities, doesn't mean they will be available, or that it will be safe to use them.

I’m aware that tender use will be dependent on weather etc.  All ships but one supposedly have this capability.

I assumed that this was the most appropriate board to post on as I am specifically asking about accessible tours.  Most threads that ask similar questions usually end up getting moved to this board due to the accessibility aspect.

I think you need to ask on those boards, and place prominently in the post that you have already asked on the disabled board.  But also clarify on the HAL board that they do have accessible tenders.  I had not read this.  The only accessible tenders I have encountered were at Half Moon Cay.  EM