Email from P&O re OBC

MX-Drew

34 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I think the ship looks great internally.

For me, it still feels like a posh hotel on water - but I like that. I would rather Cunard have the more traditional-elegant ships (also think Princess) and P&O have the modern-posh style (also think Holland America Line / Celebrity) as I believe that suits their target market.

The ship doesn't feel as brash as a Royal Caribbean / Carnival Cruise Line ship. For me, these are the Butlins at seas ships.

Also note, I'm talking about design style here and not service levels. I acknowledge both HAL and Celebrity offer a higher standard of service.

That is the best answer you could have given me Moley 😀 I like the hotel feel, a home from home that welcomes you back to some comfortable luxury after a day in port.  Opposed to the full on family  resort of some other lines.

When I first sailed on Britannia, I thought she was bland compared to Royal Princess, but 2 cruises on her since and she has grown on me. 

6 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

That is the best answer you could have given me Moley 😀 I like the hotel feel, a home from home that welcomes you back to some comfortable luxury after a day in port.  Opposed to the full on family  resort of some other lines.

When I first sailed on Britannia, I thought she was bland compared to Royal Princess, but 2 cruises on her since and she has grown on me. 

My wife and myself loved Britannia the second we stepped onboard and can't wait to get back on her.

22 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Maybe they are waiting for June 21st themselves so see what the regulations will be as this may influence cabin allocation in some way. 

Good Point. You mean they don’t want to allocate a room and then have to phone me to say they over sold and would I be willing to move my booking!

Believe it or not, this has happened to me twice, neither offer good enough for me to oblige.  I also had a call to downgrade a cruise from a balcony to ocean view with one fare credited as refundable OBC. they couldn’t tell me new stateroom number so I said No. they called again the next day, with room number, and an increased OBC offer.  To which I said yes.  Room was a forward facing balcony, that they  no longer classed as a balcony due to wind, but we didn’t find it a problem at all.  All of these were on Princess not P&O but I’m sure they must do the same. 

27 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Good Point. You mean they don’t want to allocate a room and then have to phone me to say they over sold and would I be willing to move my booking!

Believe it or not, this has happened to me twice, neither offer good enough for me to oblige.  I also had a call to downgrade a cruise from a balcony to ocean view with one fare credited as refundable OBC. they couldn’t tell me new stateroom number so I said No. they called again the next day, with room number, and an increased OBC offer.  To which I said yes.  Room was a forward facing balcony, that they  no longer classed as a balcony due to wind, but we didn’t find it a problem at all.  All of these were on Princess not P&O but I’m sure they must do the same. 

Hmmm downgrade and one fare as OBC, that would be a tough one.

When you say refundable OBC, can I ask how that works?

Remember it was Princess, not P&O 

It was really simple they placed the equivalent of £900 in US $ on to our onboard account,plus an additional US$200.00 that was added to the OBC we already had so we had about US$ 2000.00 of OBC on a 7 night cruise!  

We didn’t spend it all, so about 4 weeks later we had notification that they had credited the card that we registered with them.  Would do it again for the right offer. 

doyou know our “new” room was just round the corner from our old room, I walked by a few times but no sign of anyone there! 

5 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Remember it was Princess, not P&O 

It was really simple they placed the equivalent of £900 in US $ on to our onboard account,plus an additional US$200.00 that was added to the OBC we already had so we had about US$ 2000.00 of OBC on a 7 night cruise!  

We didn’t spend it all, so about 4 weeks later we had notification that they had credited the card that we registered with them.  Would do it again for the right offer. 

doyou know our “new” room was just round the corner from our old room, I walked by a few times but no sign of anyone there! 

I had a down grade on P&O from a aft suite to a room just round the corner 3 up from them , deluxe balcony and they refunded back onto credit card well over 1/2 the price , we were very happy with the out come because we got to keep all what the suite gave us , the butler, canopies, champagne on arrival and chocolate but best of all to have breakfast in the white room and early embarkation, work out brilliant for us and we too tried to see who was in our room but never bumped into them , we did book this suite on first day selling so probably a lot cheaper than the next guest was going to pay for it if they were late bookers , so yes P&O do it .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I had a down grade on P&O from a aft suite to a room just round the corner 3 up from them , deluxe balcony and they refunded back onto credit card well over 1/2 the price , we were very happy with the out come because we got to keep all what the suite gave us , the butler, canopies, champagne on arrival and chocolate but best of all to have breakfast in the white room and early embarkation, work out brilliant for us and we too tried to see who was in our room but never bumped into them , we did book this suite on first day selling so probably a lot cheaper than the next guest was going to pay for it if they were late bookers , so yes P&O do it .

Interesting but I don’t think it will happen on the staycation cruises judging buy the deals on offer. P&O deciding to offer OBC and Celebrity offering Concierge plus extra OBC for the price of a balcony cabin and free parking.

Edited by MX-Drew

12 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Interesting but I don’t think it will happen on the staycation cruises judging buy the deals on offer. P&O deciding to offer OBC and Celebrity offering Concierge plus extra OBC for the price of a balcony cabin and free parking.

I don’t either, not really, unless they have booked more than 1000 pax, and that restriction isn’t lifted before sailing date.

One thing that sticks in my mind about Celebrity, Concierge, better umbrellas than those in standard balcony cabins! Was always easy to spot concierge guests in port on wet days 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

I don’t either, not really, unless they have booked more than 1000 pax, and that restriction isn’t lifted before sailing date.

One thing that sticks in my mind about Celebrity, Concierge, better umbrellas than those in standard balcony cabins! Was always easy to spot concierge guests in port on wet days 🤣

There maybe a couple of times we may need them, Liverpool and Belfast. Every time I have been to Ireland it has rained.🤣

• Haha 1