Email from P&O re OBC

MX-Drew

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is very welcome and well done P&O.

I wonder if Princess etc do the same for staycation cruises?

Although we couldn't book a cabin number the cruise was priced seperately per balcony grade.

I think they have graham because for some unknown reason we had a booking amendment come through last week and we have a extra $500 on board spend , we thought we were only getting the $50 military credit, we can’t recall of any on board spending credit when we booked the cruise, our cruise is in September 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I just couldn’t believe Princess Cruises response of the app is new to us and we don’t know the answer. I understand it’s new but how about taking ownership of the problem and finding out the answer. Some call that customer service.

what possibly surprised me more was the Americans jumping to defend Princess Cruises.

In fairness I think on any line you get some who won’t hear a negative word said.  Yet, in this case they are wrong!

I am a die hard Princess Fan, sailed 12 times with them before I even stepped on a P& O ship.  Now I book which itinerary and date works best for us.

I haven’t yet sailed using Medallion technology, so this is new to me too.  I get that Princess is an American line but I think Carnival UK have a duty to it’s uk passengers to give us a good experience.  I don’t mind that I can’t have things posted to me at home, I would like it, but won’t stress over it.  However, don’t offer me things and then say oh sorry you’re in the UK so tough! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I think they have graham because for some unknown reason we had a booking amendment come through last week and we have a extra $500 on board spend , we thought we were only getting the $50 military credit, we can’t recall of any on board spending credit when we booked the cruise, our cruise is in September 

$500 OBC for a staycation, Wow! Did you book the Sky suite? If you were sailing the 30th August I’d have asked if I could visit 🤣

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

$500 OBC for a staycation, Wow! Did you book the Sky suite? If you were sailing the 30th August I’d have asked if I could visit 🤣

That’s the odd thing they seem to have given the same OBC if you’re in a balcony or suite but I’m not complaining (I’m in a suite as it was so reasonable).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

That would be nice 👍 but no we booked a suite, $250 each 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

That’s the odd thing they seem to have given the same OBC if you’re in a balcony or suite but I’m not complaining (I’m in a suite as it was so reasonable).

I wish I had now!  I just didn’t think about it until it was too late.  

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

That is fantastic news for you Sandra.

I'm sure you will spend it all.👍

• Like 1

22 hours ago, teabear said:

Did a dummy booking on the cruise I am already booked on in a single balcony - £70 cruise credit being offered

image.thumb.png.363af7d3b531cf7b54f7c008b185b53a.png

Hi Teabear. I was really talking about 'normal' bookings which is where you pay a huge single supplement and get one OBC for a single occupancy in a double room. I've been incredibly lucky to get a BLC discount on a 6-nighter on Britannia in Sept and got a 50% discount. No OBC obviously but a fantastic price. Jane.x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davemorton said:

😞 no news here of extra OBC for my princess cruise. 

Let’s hope you get some Dave , I must say we were really surprised at it , all I can think off is maybe the cruise price has reduced in our suite 🤔 my husband wanted to phone them up to make sure it wasn’t a mistake, but I wouldn’t let him I know where I will be going to use it up 😁💍💍we have 2 lock down anniversaries to catch up on 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davemorton said:

😞 no news here of extra OBC for my princess cruise. 

Check current price of your Princess Seacation cruise as Princess have reduced prices since they were initially released. If your has reduced and you are still paying a higher price then ring direct or if booked through TA ring them and tell them you want to cancel under there "Cruise with Confidence" policy and they will cancel your cruise with no loss of deposit and rebook at lower price. Or if like me they just kept the original booking and repriced at the lower price and sent me a new invoice. I think P&O have realised that there prices are not competitive so instead of lowering prices they are given OBC instead hence the reason why people are being given OBC. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Check current price of your Princess Seacation cruise as Princess have reduced prices since they were initially released. If your has reduced and you are still paying a higher price then ring direct or if booked through TA ring them and tell them you want to cancel under there "Cruise with Confidence" policy and they will cancel your cruise with no loss of deposit and rebook at lower price. Or if like me they just kept the original booking and repriced at the lower price and sent me a new invoice. I think P&O have realised that there prices are not competitive so instead of lowering prices they are given OBC instead hence the reason why people are being given OBC. 

Just checked my Princess Cruises Seacation and it has gone up by £152. So I doubt I will receive OBC for that one. 

On 5/14/2021 at 8:12 AM, MX-Drew said:

Just noticed it says offer is not applicable to savers, blue light etc fares. 
Didn’t we have to book a saver fare?

Yes, we all had to book the Early Saver when we booked. They said the amount will be added to our cabin and they quoted the booking ref and addressed it to us, so I'm sure you don't have to worry. It's great!

Edited by Scriv

Best Seacation/Staycation deal price we have is on QE £85pppn for a balcony in August, our Princess is £120pppn inclusive of drinks, wi-fi and gratuities. Both in the highest grade balcony cabin.

Edited by majortom10

20 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Best Seacation/Staycation deal price we have is on QE £85pppn for a balcony in August, our Princess is £120pppn inclusive of drinks, wi-fi and gratuities. Both in the highest grade balcony cabin.

Until you want to buy a drink. It can’t be denied that drinks prices on Cunard are eye watering compared to P&O.

I have just received the below email in response to me enquiring about the OBC email we all received and the fact it said it did not apply to "saver fare" yet we had no choice when we booked.

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that the OBC is not available for you to gift. When you booked your cruise, your travel agent should have given you the option of booking on the Select or the Early Saver fare so if you have any further enquiries, please contact your travel agent.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

James
Guest Services
P&O Cruises

36 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I have written to them again.

I hope this is the usual no communication within P&O

Usual shambles from P&O. I booked direct with P&O and had NO CHOICE of of fare. It was early saver or nothing.

• Like 2

Why can’t Carnival UK employ competent customer service agents, who can read a query and then write a response?

we need someone not booked on BLC to copy that reply and send it to P&O and ask what the select fare for their sailing is! 

36 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Why can’t Carnival UK employ competent customer service agents, who can read a query and then write a response?

It is not just Carnival, I once wrote an email to another cruise line containing 3 or 4 questions. When I received a reply they had only answered the first question so I replied thanking them for the reply but could they please answer the rest of the questions. Once again I received a reply containing the answer to my first question only. This went on twice more so finally I wrote saying "Please read this email to the end before starting to type as it has a number of questions !". Finally I got a decent reply.

What gets me is that P&O send the email out but when it comes to questions about the email they direct you to a TA. I would have booked direct but P&O's website was down and I found I got instant access via a cold website and booked instantly. 

I think we are getting distracted by the use of the word Saver in the exclusions.

P&O have three price bands - Early Saver, Saver & Select: https://www.pocruises.com/our-prices-explained

So we have booked Early Saver fares and the OBC is for Early Saver fares but excludes amongst others Saver (which isn't a booking choice anyway).

Confused? I usually am.

Nick    

2 minutes ago, niltava42 said:

I think we are getting distracted by the use of the word Saver in the exclusions.

P&O have three price bands - Early Saver, Saver & Select: https://www.pocruises.com/our-prices-explained

So we have booked Early Saver fares and the OBC is for Early Saver fares but excludes amongst others Saver (which isn't a booking choice anyway).

Confused? I usually am.

Nick    

The main point is that there was no choice of fare whatsoever. So how could I not be eligible for the OBC (in P&O's email saying they had gifted to me)  because I booked the wrong fare?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

It is not just Carnival, I once wrote an email to another cruise line containing 3 or 4 questions. When I received a reply they had only answered the first question so I replied thanking them for the reply but could they please answer the rest of the questions. Once again I received a reply containing the answer to my first question only. This went on twice more so finally I wrote saying "Please read this email to the end before starting to type as it has a number of questions !". Finally I got a decent reply.

Im playing roundabout with Princess at the moment.  I sent my request in for stake holder OBC to the email address on the listing.  Got a reply back saying they did not deal with Princess OBC, so I asked where to send it, and they replied with the exact same email I had sent it too.