Allure Drink prices

My boyfriend and I will be sailing on Allure of the Seas November 14th.  Generally what are the prices of alcohol drinks?  We usually drink beer or wine and an occasional mixed drink.  We are trying to figure out whether the "Deluxe drink package" would be the route to go or just go with drink by drink charges.  Last cruise I was on was with Princess cruise line and we could buy buckets of beer to consume by the pool.  Does RCCI offer this as well?

Thank you for any advice on this subject.

39 minutes ago, nanatutu said:

My boyfriend and I will be sailing on Allure of the Seas November 14th.  Generally what are the prices of alcohol drinks?  We usually drink beer or wine and an occasional mixed drink.  We are trying to figure out whether the "Deluxe drink package" would be the route to go or just go with drink by drink charges.  Last cruise I was on was with Princess cruise line and we could buy buckets of beer to consume by the pool.  Does RCCI offer this as well?

They do have buckets of beer. Rum and coke about $8, Martinis and specialty blended about $13.  Break even on the package is about 6 - 8 drinks per day.  Package also includes water and some juice drinks. Don't miss the no charge Johnny Rockets breakfast everyday before 10:30

Make all your show reservations as soon as they open in the cruise planner. Happy cruising, Allure is awesome. Post pandemic prices may not be the same. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nanatutu said:

A glass of wine is $8 to $12, mixed drinks usually 10 to $13, they usually have a drink of the day special, beer I'm not sure.  

If you go to cococay/perfect day your drink package works there too.

If your sailing goes to a couple different islands figure most of your drinking would be in the evening so will  you both drink more than $50 a night or whatever the price for the drink package is for your sailing?

If you google "cruise compass" you'll find a place you can view Cruise Compass issues from a variety of Royal Caribbean ships. Look at some of the most recent issues and you'll gain some familiarity with some drink of the day specials over the course of the cruise.

15 hours ago, nanatutu said:

All depends on how many drinks a day you consume , wine prices can go over 15 a glass for your better wines , I always get the package , package also includes bottles of water . Since we do like better wines we go over the 13 dollars, so if we order a glass for 15 we pay the extra 2 dollars plus tip on the 2 dollars.

Specialty coffee drinks, soda and water are also included as well, so if you might drink any of these don't forget to count for them as well. Our family doesn't drink alcohol, but we go for the refreshment package because we can get water, different choices at the Freestyle machine, and specialty coffee and tea drinks.

• Like 2

we don't drink more than 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks per person, per day, while cruising, so it doesn't make any sense for us to buy the package. Especially, since all people in the cabin must buy a package.

We were on the Allure in 2019, and individual drinks were priced similarly to other cruise lines.

If you can get a good price it can be a great addition to the cruise and you won't have a large bill at the end of the cruise.  Each person has to look at what their individual needs are.

When you figure a $12.00 drink is $14.16 with tip it doesn't take much to at least break even. 

One or two cocktails a day,  a beer and a couple of glasses of wine at dinner and you are good.  

We often do our own individual wine pairing at dinner.  We order a glass that pairs with each course.  If we don't finish each glass it doesn't matter.  For example, if we go to Chops, we each get a glass that pairs with our appetizer, one with our soup or salad, one with our main course and a dessert wine or coffee.  We're on vacation and  freedom to try different things and just relax is the priority.

We probably get 6 to 8 bottles of water each per day and keep the extra in the room fridge.   Add in some fresh juice, an expresso before the morning workout,  a soda or two a day and some  speciality dessert coffee and, for us, it more than works.  

Edited by MikeBayAreaCa
  • Like 3

I always figure 5 alcoholic drinks a day, substitute 2 non alcoholic drinks for one with if you want to figure them in.  Also remember that is every day of the cruise, I can usually do more than enough to break even but after 3 days of that i want to slow down or not drink.  I have never not broken even on a drink package, but sometime it is just break even or a little over.  What i like is I don't ever worry about getting a drink.  To be honest if I didn't have the package i would pass on the specialty coffees and the fresh squeezed OJ, but with the package I indulge.  Sometime i even get to extra glasses of fresh OJ and take back to the room then later in the day i get a shot of vodka for a super screwdriver.

BTW if you get a package, ALWAYS call the liqueur when ordering a drink, ie Tito's or Gray Goose if ordering vodka, Gentlemen Jack and coke rather than whisky and coke.  Drink the good stuff it costs no more with a package than the typical bar liqueur they would normally use.  If your paying by the drink call liqueur is still an up-charge like at any bar.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 7:24 PM, cruisegus said:

I always figure 5 alcoholic drinks a day, substitute 2 non alcoholic drinks for one with if you want to figure them in.  Also remember that is every day of the cruise, I can usually do more than enough to break even but after 3 days of that i want to slow down or not drink.  I have never not broken even on a drink package, but sometime it is just break even or a little over.  What i like is I don't ever worry about getting a drink.  To be honest if I didn't have the package i would pass on the specialty coffees and the fresh squeezed OJ, but with the package I indulge.  Sometime i even get to extra glasses of fresh OJ and take back to the room then later in the day i get a shot of vodka for a super screwdriver.

BTW if you get a package, ALWAYS call the liqueur when ordering a drink, ie Tito's or Gray Goose if ordering vodka, Gentlemen Jack and coke rather than whisky and coke.  Drink the good stuff it costs no more with a package than the typical bar liqueur they would normally use.  If your paying by the drink call liqueur is still an up-charge like at any bar.

Great advice! John and I like to try new and different wines. Pairing wines with our different courses at dinner with be a great addition to our cruise...