Dining Reservations Question

sandancer

We are booked on only our second Princess cruise, the last one was several years ago so not very knowledgeable about the process of making reservations. I have booked and paid for 3 speciality dinners but I can see no reference to them on the booking. Nor have I had an email confirming the payment. I can only go by experience with Celebrity (sorry Princess) where you can see a calendar with all your activities and always get an email confirmation of the reservation. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place. Also what happens if we change our mind and want to cancel one or all of them, either beforehand or on the cruise. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Despite having taken over 60 cruises I feel like a new cruiser!

You should be able to find the record of your purchase in your My Princess section of the website under your booking pre-purchases. As for changing things on board, that is about to undergo a new upgrade. The Dine My Way option is to be rolled out as cruising resumes and none of us have any experience with it yet, so you will be learning it with the rest of us.

Thanks but I can’t see pre-purchases when I log in to the booking. Is it possible that the Princess UK website could be different to the US version? Can’t see it on the Medallion app either. 

Edited by sandancer

5 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks but I can’t see pre-purchases when I log in to the booking. Is it possible that the Princess UK website could be different to the US version? Can’t see it on the Medallion app either. 

Ah, yes.  UK website operates somewhat differently; and not always predictable differences, either.  I’m hoping a UK resident will come along who might be able to guide you.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, sandancer said:

We are booked on only our second Princess cruise, the last one was several years ago so not very knowledgeable about the process of making reservations. I have booked and paid for 3 speciality dinners but I can see no reference to them on the booking. Nor have I had an email confirming the payment. I can only go by experience with Celebrity (sorry Princess) where you can see a calendar with all your activities and always get an email confirmation of the reservation. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place. Also what happens if we change our mind and want to cancel one or all of them, either beforehand or on the cruise. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Despite having taken over 60 cruises I feel like a new cruiser!

We also just booked our second Princess cruise and trying to figure things out. First one was 2010.  Like you we have been sailing on Celebrity for most of our over 20 cruises. One big difference is not being able to pay for extras with OBC online. 

3 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

We also just booked our second Princess cruise and trying to figure things out. First one was 2010.  Like you we have been sailing on Celebrity for most of our over 20 cruises. One big difference is not being able to pay for extras with OBC online. 

You can pay for pre-booked ship's tours with OBC. Nothing else though.

3 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

I tried but will try again. 

Assuming the system is up and running there are some things you should know about.

The OBC must show in your booking in the cruise personlizer under payments. If you have OBC from a T.A. that hasn't yet been applied, then it isn't available now to book tours. Carnival Corp. shareholder OBC only is applied after you request it. Also, OBC is per person, not grouped together. Example, husband has $100 OBC, wife $250. Total $350. If you try to book a tour on line for $125 each, the husband will be asked for a credit card to cover the extra $25, wife nothing. To get around this issue you have to call Princess and book over the phone. Princess reps. have in the past been able to combine the two OBC's. Thus no charges.