New Carnival "have fun, be safe" protocols.

stellarose

36 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

I don't think this is the updated protocalls, it they were, Mr Heald /his assistant would have posted them, saying that they are brilliant protocalls, , also my pvp would have made an announcement.

I put more stock in Carnival’s legal team. These are the protocols as announced by Carnival Legal. As much as I respect Mr. Heald & my PVP, they are staying quiet at the moment until they receive instructions on talking points from their superiors. It’s strictly Corp policy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quattrohead said:

We won't get to do both, choose vax or mask.

Once out on the open waters, every man for himself.

And this is the reality. Much like store's that requires masks always had people ignore it. Go anywhere right now and the vaccinated are more likely to be wearing masks. If that results in masks being required, the vaccinated will be the ones following the rules and the non - vaxxed won't. I don't expect much in the way of enforcement. 

Just wish everyone would get vaxxed, but it is what is. I'll be on 100% vaccinated cruise in July, and then we'll see what happens on my Mardi Gras cruise in November. I'm sail either way, and accept the restrictions if they are there, but I sure hope they don't exist, at least when we aren't in crowds. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Just posted on John Healds page and he says that we will get the new protocalls before May 31, so those are the old protocals

Unless the New protocols and much the same as the Old protocols

• Like 1

11 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

Odds are other ports/states may require vaccination as well. I'd say the odds are high the entire West Coast ports and much of New England ports. What a weird resumption this will be with highly variable requirements from one port to the next.

It would be unconst. for any individual state to restrict interstate travel to it/through it by requiring a vaccine Verification upon entry. It can require a test or a quarantine period but it cannot unilaterally requires all people driving, etc. through it to be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

It would be unconst. for any individual state to restrict interstate travel to it/through it by requiring a vaccine Verification upon entry. It can require a test or a quarantine period but it cannot unilaterally requires all people driving, etc. through it to be vaccinated. 

Huh?!?!...I never said the entire state as this is about ports although Florida sure is trying to mandate in the opposite end of things, sooooo. There is nothing "unconst" as you say with local ports/municipalities creating requirements such as vaccination for use of terminal, parking, etc. This doesn't even include destination ports as they may also require vaccination. Most ports will wait to see what the cruise lines do then adjust accordingly although I'd wager most won't add a layer of requirements but rather leave it to the cruise line if rules are deemed appropriate.

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 1

Okay, John Heald just walked it all back.  While there is ZERO mention on the Carnival homepage, those newly posted protocols are alleged to be Alaska ONLY and that updated protocols for July and beyond (presumably for the Caribbean) will be published by May 31.

Whoever let that horse out of the barn in terms of messaging ought to be fired by sundown.  Nowhere did it say 'Alaska Only' despite John's 'fine print' claim.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Okay, John Heald just walked it all back.  While there is ZERO mention on the Carnival homepage, those newly posted protocols are alleged to be Alaska ONLY and that updated protocols for July and beyond (presumably for the Caribbean) will be published by May 31.

Whoever let that horse out of the barn in terms of messaging ought to be fired by sundown.  Nowhere did it say 'Alaska Only' despite John's 'fine print' claim.

This is why everyone needs to wait until Carnival announces these things officially instead of listening to rumor or sites that are just looking for clicks for advertising dollars.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

This is why everyone needs to wait until Carnival announces these things officially instead of listening to rumor or sites that are just looking for clicks for advertising dollars.  

These aren't rumors.  It was literally ham handedly posted on the Carnival webpage.  I read legal documents as part of my profession.  This was an unforced error, nothing less.  Blame Carnival. 

• Like 3

I don't have any interest in wearing a mask on vacation and I don't want restrictions on excursions or even not to be able to wander around a port on our own.  I'm fully vaccinated.  Our next cruise isn't until March of 2022 and expect a lot of this nonsense will go away by then.  If not, we'll cancel.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CI66774 said:

I love how many Constitutional Scholars there seems to be on Cruise Critic. Everyone that says "it would be un-constituional" has never read the Constitution.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, bdever said:

Well in theory the CSO could expire 7/20 or 7/21 (not sure of exact date) so theoretically this goes away if so but I guess that would be up to Carnival at that point and not the CDC.

so reading into Carnival’s protocols it is clear that masks are being required regardless of vaccination status because the CDC is classifying cruise ships as a mode of transportation (interstate/international) and therefore subject to the same protocols on other modes of transportation.

It’s remarkable that They are twisting themselves into knots just to accommodate those who refuse to be vaccinated.  It’s looking pretty clear that fully vaccinated cruises will have no mask or other health protocols, but certainly unvaccinated/mixed cruises will and vaccinated passengers will have to comply. I wouldn’t count on the Public Health Emergency being lifted in July.  There’s a 60 day advance notice window under the law, so they would have to indicate a move this month unless something dramatic happens. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

Why would masking and other protocols apply to the fully vaccinated sailings to Alaska and not the other planned “no vaccine requirement” cruises?  It’s a ridiculous statement by JH.  NCL and RCI have said that protocols will not apply to their vaccinated sailings. Why would Carnival take the opposite position?  Makes no sense. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cushing985 said:

I don't have any interest in wearing a mask on vacation and I don't want restrictions on excursions or even not to be able to wander around a port on our own.  I'm fully vaccinated.  Our next cruise isn't until March of 2022 and expect a lot of this nonsense will go away by then.  If not, we'll cancel.

100% agree.  I have an October cruise booked out of Baltimore.   I will be cancelling if the restrictions aren't rolled back.

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

Okay, John Heald just walked it all back.  While there is ZERO mention on the Carnival homepage,

Video sounded like alot of political song and dance as well as damage control.

They have been purging their FB page of negative comments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Video sounded like alot of political song and dance as well as damage control.

They have been purging their FB page of negative comments.

Exactly why I unfollowed them and many other companies on FB. If you can't take the heat, don't show your face.

17 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Why would masking and other protocols apply to the fully vaccinated sailings to Alaska and not the other planned “no vaccine requirement” cruises?  It’s a ridiculous statement by JH.  NCL and RCI have said that protocols will not apply to their vaccinated sailings. Why would Carnival take the opposite position?  Makes no sense. 

No idea.  Look, I get Carnival wanting to accommodate families this summer.  But I personally think very few fully vaccinated folks would sail under the guidelines, as articulated by the company.  I really believe this is the first 'walk back' in the best way possible at 8a the morning after.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stellarose said:

we are opening up for school in the fall. five days a week- no more hybrid, remote.  so lets see what transpires in the fall with cruises. 

where have you been we went back to school full time right after Xmas

6 minutes ago, jsglow said:

No idea.  Look, I get Carnival wanting to accommodate families this summer.  But I personally think very few fully vaccinated folks would sail under the guidelines, as articulated by the company.  I really believe this is the first 'walk back' in the best way possible at 8a the morning after.

Seems like they put out protocols back in Jan/Feb and they walked those back based on negative feedback online. And now they’re doing it again. They are going to have to stick with the protocols at some point (unless they wait for the CSO to expire to sail) if they intend to sail with unvaccinated passengers. Can’t just keep retreating when they get negative feedback. 

Edited by harkinmr

12 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Not in Sn Diego.  Our Grand-babies have been home schooled (but linked with the schools via computer) since COVID started.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Schools here have been in person since September (some did online only in August) and the seniors just had normal graduation ceremonies all across the area.