Booking disappeared from account

On 5/26/2021 at 11:00 AM, ronrick1943 said:

We'll guess what----Just got our cruise canceled for Feb 2022 on the Explorer Bangkok to Tokyo.  Had all the air, hotel and car services booked---getting a little tired of this...........

I think this is because Japan has effectively closed due to a Covid surge and Olympics plans. An alternative cruise is likely available.

Edited by Pizzasteve

14 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I know Regent emails the TA on record....do they also email the client directly? I was pretty sure they did...

Well that is certainly not my experience. We get everything through our TA. i don't recall ever getting anything directly from Regent other than marketing info.  That is fine with me, that is why i have a TA.

With our recent cancellation i read it here first then contacted my TA. She has a large number of Regent clients so she was working through her list by sailing date and hadn't got to our date yet. NO problem she responded quickly and i was able to move our deposit from 2022 to virtually the same itinerary in Jan 2023.  More money of course but at least we get to have the itinerary we really wanted to go on. 

I can't even imagine why Regent would want to duplicate the work of sending info to  theTA and to the client directly.  No reason for them to do their job and the TA's job. 

What i do hope is Regent steps up and moves the deadline for using FCC's from 2022 to 2023. It seems unreasonable to force everyone to re-book in 2022 when a number of 2022 cruises have been canceled and that doesn't leave people the option of moving to a similar or identical cruise in 2023. I have no money in the game but i think it would be good customer relations to not screw your customers when they hold all the cards. 

It is an automated process - no additional man hours required. I ma sitting on about $250K in FCC and I have been told no extensions beyond 2022. I have them all rebooked so that is good but if they keep cancelling they will have no choice but to extend or refund.

As I noted above,  our December 10-day Caribbean cruise on Splendor is now gone from Regent web portal, i.e., the rez is not available to access.  I received no email from Regent but did get a heads-up form my TA.  Still I have no current booking, even on the reduced 9 day sailing. 

As for the 16-day cruise in Asia in March 2022 on Explorer, my booking number is still on the Regent portal but is a dead link, i.e., it does not show any information.  As we all know, the Asia cruise is no longer available.  To make matter worse, affected cruisers are not offered priority on the substitute cruise departing roughly on the same date out of Miami (a transatlantic crossing).

Does anyone think these are appropriate business practices????

4 hours ago, MiamiCruiser52 said:

As I noted above,  our December 10-day Caribbean cruise on Splendor is now gone from Regent web portal, i.e., the rez is not available to access.  I received no email from Regent but did get a heads-up form my TA.  Still I have no current booking, even on the reduced 9 day sailing. 

As for the 16-day cruise in Asia in March 2022 on Explorer, my booking number is still on the Regent portal but is a dead link, i.e., it does not show any information.  As we all know, the Asia cruise is no longer available.  To make matter worse, affected cruisers are not offered priority on the substitute cruise departing roughly on the same date out of Miami (a transatlantic crossing).

We are all in uncertain times and staffing is likely lower than normal.  Some employees may have even been seriously ill.  I believe some patience and forgiveness is in order, as a luxury vacation is certainly not life and death, which Covid19 was and still is in many countries.  India, for example, home to many cruise staff, is still suffering greatly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MiamiCruiser52 said:

We are on the December 7 now 8th Splendor cruise. It will be 9 days instead of 10. The port eliminated is Dominica. There is a fair discount for the elimination of the one day. The changed cruise will appear on their web site after Wednesday. 
I got all this information from my TA… when I confirmed with Regent, it was correct. 
Stuff happens…. Regent is really trying to put all this together….let’s have some patience. 
First world problems……

sheila

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are on the December 7 now 8th Splendor cruise. It will be 9 days instead of 10. The port eliminated is Dominica. There is a fair discount for the elimination of the one day. The changed cruise will appear on their web site after Wednesday. 
I got all this information from my TA… when I confirmed with Regent, it was correct. 
Stuff happens…. Regent is really trying to put all this together….let’s have some patience. 
First world problems……

sheila

Sheila:  Regent has had 14 months to put all this together.  IMHO, they botched it badly in the last week.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MiamiCruiser52 said:

Sheila:  Regent has had 14 months to put all this together.  IMHO, they botched it badly in the last week.

I agree that this last week’s information did not roll out smoothly…however, Regent did not have 14 months to put this all together. 
These last 14 months have had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster. No one, including you, me or Regent knew what the next day would bring. 
Lets be fair…..

sheila

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

I agree that this last week’s information did not roll out smoothly…however, Regent did not have 14 months to put this all together. 
These last 14 months have had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster. No one, including you, me or Regent knew what the next day would bring. 
Lets be fair…..

sheila

I think that a better idea would have been to announce all of these changes today, rather than to announce and then essentially shut down for a three day weekend, leaving everyone wondering where the dust will settle.

Edited by Pudgesmom

We had been concerned that our December cruise on Mariner would be cancelled, and were pleased that we were instead moved to Explorer. I had emailed my TA with the change information I had read on Cruise Critic. She did not receive the email from Regent specific to our booking until the following day. Now waiting for the updated invoice with a new suite # and any change in pricing, due to arrive by tomorrow. 
I am more concerned about how certain I can be that I can go ahead with booking air in and out of Miami, than than changes to the trip or the timing of the changes. Sorting out all the changes in bookings while keeping passengers as happy as possible is a major undertaking

@Sheila:  Of course no one could've predicted exactly how the pandemic would progress or or come to an end.  But Regent knew that it would end eventually (or else they'd be bankrupt).  Regent had lots of time to plan what-ifs til the cows came home.  Instead, they announce in a splashy way three weeks ago that "we are back" and then, last week, without even emailing their passengers or fully informing the TAs of the repercussion's of their actions, cancel all Asia cruises (not to mention my Caribbean sailing that you and I are apparently on but which no longer shows up in my portal as a reserved cruise.)    The press release of the itinerary changes does not clearly specify that, oh, by the way, any passengers going to Asia have had their cruises canceled.  The affected passengers have no priority to rebook.  Instead, they celebrate the "repositioning" of their ships.  Others passengers cruising to other destinations have also been impacted in different ways and many are still completely in the dark that their vacations have been "cancelled."  

You clearly are a much nicer and forgiving person than me.  But I believe, even more today than a few days ago, that Regent has completely botched it and they owe their clients a lot more than an "I'm sorry."  (a 15% price reduction on the Caribbean cruise for cutting a day out is a minor start, but let's be serious, it's not an earth shattering accommodation.) 

• Like 4

On 5/31/2021 at 7:12 PM, MiamiCruiser52 said:

In their defense, Asia looked to be very openable 6 months ago and the surge in Japan (and response to close ports, etc) was not forseen.  I personally watched live streams from Japan and Korea and thought they would be very open to vaccinated travelers and almost covid free.  It seems reasonable that Regent wanted to sail and tried up until the last possible moment to keep the plans intact.  Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt and their staffing must me tough now (remote, less staff, etc).

I am sure they are being hurt worse than their passengers, financially, by the changes.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1

When my April 2022 Explorer Singapore to Dubai cruise was cancelled, I ended up booking two Seabourn Cruises (one in May 22 and one in Feb 23).  I just couldn't find a good alternative to the one Regent Cruise that was cancelled.  I already have two other Seabourn Cruises, and one Scenic Cruise on the books for near term cruising.  I love Regent and will be back (maybe later in 2023), but in this case, I am happy with my decision to jump ship. 

• Like 1

"We are on the December 7 now 8th Splendor cruise. It will be 9 days instead of 10. The port eliminated is Dominica."

Sheila,

Looks like Regent will have to eliminate another port on our December cruise.  St. Kitts and Nevis are cracking down on travelers to the island:  https://thepointsguy.com/news/st-kitts-nevis-cracks-down-travelers-only-allow-fully-vaccinated-visitors/.   This is one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean, hope things change there by the time our cruise sails.

47 minutes ago, CruzC2C said:

"We are on the December 7 now 8th Splendor cruise. It will be 9 days instead of 10. The port eliminated is Dominica."

Sheila,

Looks like Regent will have to eliminate another port on our December cruise.  St. Kitts and Nevis are cracking down on travelers to the island:  https://thepointsguy.com/news/st-kitts-nevis-cracks-down-travelers-only-allow-fully-vaccinated-visitors/.   This is one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean, hope things change there by the time our cruise sails.

Okay, now I'm a bit confused.... If Regent is only going to allow fully vaccinated passengers and crew on board, then why wouldn't St. Kitts and Nevis allow Splendor to dock there?

• Like 1

"Only fully-vaccinated travelers (having received their shots at least two weeks from their travel) will be allowed to clear customs.  Aside from uploading a vaccination card, visitors will need to show proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel to the twin-island nation, as well as complete a Travel Authorization Form.  Rapid COVID tests will not be accepted.

All tourists who clear those hurdles will then have to 'vacation in place' at an approved hotel for nine days"

Fully vaccinated passengers is not the problem, believe the problem that might stop Regent from visiting the island is the PCR test 72 hours before visiting the islands and the "vacation in place"  (quarantine).  But hopefully things will improve by December.

With regard to St. Kitts… let’s wait and see what happens. Too soon for any decisions by Regent. This is our first return to Regent since the pandemic. I really do not care which ports we visit. Been to all of them in the Caribbean. 
I am disappointed that the cruise has been cut short by one day….more than any island problems…..

sheila