THREE QUESTIONS FOR 4 & 5 STAR MARINERS. My new PCC assigned last year is now understandably busy.

mysticsailor

Doesn't it seem like years (two cruises Covid canceled) rather than months since our last sailing? Actually it has been two years, May 2019 on the Prinsendam for her second to last HAL voyage.  I will probably feel like kissing my ship's deck when boarding! 

My new PCC assigned last year is now understandably busy and his normal prompt replies are now only a distant memory. We have two cruises, separate booking numbers,  back to back this Oct 6 and 30 on the Westerdam, now reassigned to the Eurodam. Both bookings are SY 8074 made last June but now only a Sig. Suite Guarantee. On the second cruise I will be 5 Star.

Will I be able to give my complimentary 1 day Spa pass to my sister who is sharing my stateroom?

Does HAL allow unused credits to carry over to the second cruise?

Do we really have to wait until Oct. for a new stateroom assignment?

A big THANK YOU to you dedicated forum participants who regularly share your vast experience and insights. A special thanks to Kazu and RuthC who have answered so often. 

I can help with a couple of your questions.

Not sure on the spa.  When I was last on, there was no “pass”.  They simply recorded your use from your key card which indicated you were 5*.  I didn’t use it as it only applied on port days and I was busy on those days 😉 

2 minutes ago, mysticsailor said:

Does HAL allow unused credits to carry over to the second cruise?

No, they don’t.  Not in my experience.

2 minutes ago, mysticsailor said:

Do we really have to wait until Oct. for a new stateroom assignment?

No, your cabin should be assigned shortly.  Within 30 days but most likely sooner as HAL seems to be moving quickly to assign the cabins from what I have seen from reports of other CC members who have been switched to the Eurodam

40 minutes ago, mysticsailor said:

Will I be able to give my complimentary 1 day Spa pass to my sister who is sharing my stateroom?

the general rule is that everyone in a cabin receives the status of the highest Mariner in the cabin so your sister should get a Spa Pass. If you are talking about her getting 2 days, probably not but would be up to the spa manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a reason why you are using a PCC at HAL?  Booking through an experienced travel agent will allow that person to get the information you want without the effort you have been trying to exert.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Is there a reason why you are using a PCC at HAL?  Booking through an experienced travel agent will allow that person to get the information you want without the effort you have been trying to exert.  

I get prompt replies from my pcc.  It doesn’t take a experienced travel agent to get that.

• Like 1

Thank you for your individual perspectives on PCC vs TA. I had an exemplary PCC since my inception with HAL and unfortunately, for me, she transferred to another department about a year ago. I am satisfied with her replacement but it takes time to meld to each other's style and preferences; Covid slowed that process down.