Would this be a dumb move?

Ocean Cat

I’m currently booked on The Encore for Jan 16th 2022 but want to change it to Nov 14 2021. This will be the first cruise The Encore takes after Covid. Nov works better for us,plus we get to cruise sooner. Should I chance it? My concern isn’t so much having that cruise get cancelled like some of the others and having to re schedule,my concern is being the first Caribbean cruise for The Encore after Covid. I’m not sure I’m too keen being the guinea pig. Assuming of course,we still get to go on our own excursions. What say you?

I would chance it if Nov. works out better for you.

I would not be worried about it being the first cruise and glitchy. By then, all covid protocols will have been dropped including vaccine requirements and it will be cruising just like before.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I would chance it if Nov. works out better for you.

I would not be worried about it being the first cruise and glitchy. By then, all covid protocols will have been dropped including vaccine requirements and it will be cruising just like before.

My post had nothing to do with Covid.  These ships and crews have been out of commission for over a year.  The ports as well.  We once sailed a first sailing of the season out of FLA.  Getting on and off the ship was a mess.  I expect the complications could be ten fold worse after this unprecedented shut down.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

My post had nothing to do with Covid.  These ships and crews have been out of commission for over a year.  The ports as well.  We once sailed a first sailing of the season out of FLA.  Getting on and off the ship was a mess.  I expect the complications could be ten fold worse after this unprecedented shut down.

I was responding to OP.

But now that I think about it, you have a good point. These ships will have a lot of new crew members and that will cause a lot of chances for things to get complicated.

I’m on the Nov 14 Encore and still very nervous that’s it’s even going to sail. I didn’t realize it was the first cruise. I was thinking I the Encore was sailing earlier in November.  But honestly at this point I’ll just be happy if I’m able to get on that ship.

My husband and I were just talking about how great The Carnival Breeze embark and Debarked was back in 2018. It’s been that long since I’ve sailed so I’ve forgotten, once you make final payment can you make any changes? For instance if I wanted to change my sailing date again? As long as you’ve paid in full it shouldn’t matter as long as it’s within a couple of months of sailing, right?

6 hours ago, Ocean Cat said:

I’m currently booked on The Encore for Jan 16th 2022 but want to change it to Nov 14 2021. This will be the first cruise The Encore takes after Covid. Nov works better for us,plus we get to cruise sooner. Should I chance it? My concern isn’t so much having that cruise get cancelled like some of the others and having to re schedule,my concern is being the first Caribbean cruise for The Encore after Covid. I’m not sure I’m too keen being the guinea pig. Assuming of course,we still get to go on our own excursions. What say you?

I want to say keep the one you have because it just feels like the safe way to go, but if November works better then go for it. November is a beautiful time to cruise, great weather much better then January in my experience. wish you luck with your choice.

sorry, i think youre mistaken,,, once youve made final payment i believe youre locked into what you bought.

any changes will constitute a new booking and will cost whatever the going rate is at the time you tryt and make the change

7 hours ago, Ocean Cat said:

That is a tough one, November is a great time to cruise. I would choose November but I do get what you are saying about being the guinea pig. I would chance it you will probably have a great time.