NCLH shares through eToro

SpainAlien

Good morning all,

I am in the process of applying for my shareholder benefit OBC.  I am attaching a copy of the eToro account statement and a screenshot showing my portfolio to my application but is that enough to get the OBC?  Do I need to provide anything else?

Many thanks in advance of your advice.

I have done two in the last week both with a screen shot of trading account and completed form.

Both were applied within 6 hours, the first I was emailed an amenity form to confirm, the second (done following day) I received nothing but it was showing in my account.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

I have done two in the last week both with a screen shot of trading account and completed form.

Both were applied within 6 hours, the first I was emailed an amenity form to confirm, the second (done following day) I received nothing but it was showing in my account.

Thank you, that's what I have done, hopefully it will work..I've just applied for one of the cruises to start with, if that works I'll apply for some of the others.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, SpainAlien said:

Thank you, that's what I have done, hopefully it will work..I've just applied for one of the cruises to start with, if that works I'll apply for some of the others.

Was yours a success?  Just noticed mine today on the summary page under vacation add-ons/purchased items, as on-board credit certificate.  Didn't get any email on it.  

I have applied for my shareholder benefits on 4 cruises post-COVID and in all four cases, the credits were applied within 48 hours of emailing the application. It takes about 3 minute to fill out the form and attach it to an email with your latest account statement. I don't know what the other people are complaining about. Maybe it was slower pre-COVID?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robcolem said:

Was yours a success?  Just noticed mine today on the summary page under vacation add-ons/purchased items, as on-board credit certificate.  Didn't get any email on it.  

Yes, it worked like a charm. I received an initial confirmation of receipt and a reference number but no further correspondence after that the obc just turned up on the summary page. It took about 4 working days

Edited by SpainAlien

On 5/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, robcolem said:

Anyone try using the shareholder benefit with 401k accounts? If not I guess I'll find out. Just submitted an email with shares from a 401k self directed stock account.  Fingers crossed.

Yes, it is fine to purchase 100 shares (or more) of NCLH from any brokerage account, including 401k ... Has been doing it that way for years, always processed and given by the corporate office.  

Just noticed your latest update, NCLH benefits given/posted to your booking.

Edited by mking8288

5 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

How long do you have to have the 100 shares to qualify?  I mean, if I applied and then sold them next month, are they going to take it away?

No time requirement.   The terms say you should own the shares at time of sailing.   I bought share 2 1/2 weeks before, applied for the on board credit, received credit, then sold after sailing.   

18 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

How long do you have to have the 100 shares to qualify?  I mean, if I applied and then sold them next month, are they going to take it away?

Long enough to take a screen capture if you like 😂

• Haha 1

Hey folks, do the screenshots you send contain other sensitive information, or do you “redact” that info like account balance and things like that?  Will be applying for this for the first time soon. Thanks!!

23 minutes ago, psac said:

Hey folks, do the screenshots you send contain other sensitive information, or do you “redact” that info like account balance and things like that?  Will be applying for this for the first time soon. Thanks!!

You are supposed to black out your account number. The instructions are on the form.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

You are supposed to black out your account number. The instructions are on the form.

Thank you!  I should look at that. 🙂 we just switched from RCCL to NCL, and we have shares of both, so I was ready for their form, now have to do NCL instead!