Question about Queens Grill

SimonM

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Nearly always cosseted, and, on a couple of occasions, when not feeling well, I have been treated with very great kindness. Not as part of their job, it seemed, but because of their genuine concern that I wasn't feeling my best.

Treat people with kindness and a smile and you get it back in spades, in all areas of life.

That's at least three of us with no issues to report and who know  how the staff look after us and make us feel valued. Pre Covid it was with open arms and a hug from a couple of restaurant staff on embarkation day, and around the ship when redeployed staff pass us. Now it will be an elbow bump! 🙂

Edit

There are more who might have had issues but still choose to sail Cunard QG.

Can't be all  that bad then!

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 2

Speaking as a pleb who always books an inside cabin... 

Are there levels of grills - I've seen prices for Princess & Queen's Grill  so what are Q5? Q3 ? Are there divisions within first class? 

I've had a muster station inside Queens Grill - so that makes me an expert 😉

QG has several cabin categories - from just a bit larger than a Princess Grill room, to Q1 suites larger than my house.

Perhaps next year the upgrade fairy will show us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lissie said:

Speaking as a pleb who always books an inside cabin... 

Are there levels of grills - I've seen prices for Princess & Queen's Grill  so what are Q5? Q3 ? Are there divisions within first class? 

Just like the rest of the ship, certain locations are more expensive or cheaper.

The "standard" QG room is 2 times the size of the Britannia Balcony class, then they just get bigger. 

In the restaurants Q1's get the best seats, then Q2, Q3 etc..

2 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Just like the rest of the ship, certain locations are more expensive or cheaper.

The "standard" QG room is 2 times the size of the Britannia Balcony class, then they just get bigger. 

In the restaurants Q1's get the best seats, then Q2, Q3 etc..

Bearing in mind 'best' is very subjective, as a thread a year or so ago proved when one member who had had an upgrade to a Q1 didn't like her table, when it was the favourite of a couple we know who usually travel Q1 and always have that particular table.

The beauty of being a repeater especially on one ship, is the Senior Maître d' gets to know you and assigns the table he knows 'you' like, if at all possible.

But basically apart from  size of room, once you are aboard all QG are treated the same. 

I would think being a repeat passenger will have more influence on say initial table position than anything else. However seats allocated before boarding,  once aboard they work hard to treat everyone alike, first timers are future repeaters. If you don't like your table they will do whatever they can to move you.  On our last cruise if I can remember some people wanted to be moved away from window others wanted window.  There was some shuffling,  but no one was moved without prior consultation.  Of course the more you know what you can ask for, the better.

The cost is not purely on room size,  in Q.V. and QE the midships Q3 and Q4 are slightly smaller than the stern Q5 but more expensive because they are mid ships.