Carnival Glory

Hi!  If anyone can comment on the Carnival Glory I'd appreciate it.  I've had varied experiences with Carnival - my most recent was in 2017 on the Triumph (now renovated and re-named) and at the time it was really showing its age.  Even the colors of the interior felt super-dated - I have a memory of a lot of bright orange...

We are considering a cruise out of New Orleans in the fall and there aren't a lot of ships to choose from (one other is the Norwegian Breakaway, if that helps).  We've done a ton of cruising but usually from Fort Lauderdale/Princess, but are hesitant to plan on leaving from FL given current conditions.  Plus my mom has never been to New Orleans and I think she'd really like it!

I’ve been fortunate to have been on both ships. I will try to break it down for you.

Breakaway is a lot bigger ship than the Glory. It also had better food and entertainment too. However I’m a big fan of watching the movies outside on the big screen every night on Carnival and Norwegian does not have this. Also I’m not sure of your ages but I felt extremely young on this ship I was at the time in my late forties. It seemed like everything was low key after 9:00 p.m. 

The Glory was also a pretty ship we had a lot of fun. It is starting to show its age especially compared to the Breakaway. 
If you like top entertainment and a foodie go with the Breakaway or if you like to have a lot of action at night and a movie buff stick with the Glory. 

2 hours ago, Buffalobills said:

I’ve been fortunate to have been on both ships. I will try to break it down for you.

Breakaway is a lot bigger ship than the Glory. It also had better food and entertainment too. However I’m a big fan of watching the movies outside on the big screen every night on Carnival and Norwegian does not have this. Also I’m not sure of your ages but I felt extremely young on this ship I was at the time in my late forties. It seemed like everything was low key after 9:00 p.m. 

The Glory was also a pretty ship we had a lot of fun. It is starting to show its age especially compared to the Breakaway. 
If you like top entertainment and a foodie go with the Breakaway or if you like to have a lot of action at night and a movie buff stick with the Glory. 

Have sailed Glory 5 times with a B2B coming up out of New Orleans. It’s our favorite ship, not too small, not too big. Glory will be going into dry dock soon, so she might come out with a new makeup. 

We haven't been on the Glory in about 8 years, but are looking forward to a November cruise on her.  She was the first ship we took our kids on and has been in 2 dry docks (with another one coming up very soon) since we were on her.  I don't mind the smaller ships at all, I tend to find them less crowded.  I am not a huge fan of the aft pool being adults only (though it's not an issue for us any longer) as I would have enjoyed hanging at the back of the ship for the view.  I enjoy the 'tiered' approach to the midship pool deck.