No mention of San Juan in near future

TeresaJ

I am curious if anyone has seen or heard any news regarding sailing out of San Juan. We are booked on Epic in January and as I read through all the announcents of ship and port start ups, I haven't seen San Juan mentioned at all! Maybe all the cruise lines are only going to concentrate on other mainland US ports for now and ships won't be sailing anytime soon from this port. Any news would be great!

Yes I know there are cruises available to book, just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything regarding the start up of sailing out of San Juan. I can't seem to find anything.

22 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

Yes I know there are cruises available to book, just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything regarding the start up of sailing out of San Juan. I can't seem to find anything.

If you go to the San Juan, PR ports of call board you'll see a recent thread by local resident Aviator of the Seas that has information about the overall situation in Puerto Rico. Like everywhere else in the US the actual restart of cruising from San Juan depends on the cruise lines getting a green light from the CDC, locality and the ports of call. 

On 5/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, njhorseman said:

If you go to the San Juan, PR ports of call board you'll see a recent thread by local resident Aviator of the Seas that has information about the overall situation in Puerto Rico. Like everywhere else in the US the actual restart of cruising from San Juan depends on the cruise lines getting a green light from the CDC, locality and the ports of call. 

Thanks, I'll check that out!

On 6/7/2021 at 3:14 PM, nyc2pdx said:

I'm on the Epic for the Transatlantic trip to get her to San Juan.  It looks like she will go, or at least, it seems favorable.  

Let's cross our fingers and hope!!

On 6/7/2021 at 1:14 PM, nyc2pdx said:

I'm on the Epic for the Transatlantic trip to get her to San Juan.  It looks like she will go, or at least, it seems favorable.  

We are on the same cruise, looks good right now. We are hopeful she will sail to NY, if not it will sure put the summer San Juan cruise in jeopardy.

CDC notwithstanding, I would be uncertain about San Juan--Puerto Rico could adopt a different policy from mainland ports. Friends of mine were on the Epic out of San Juan at the end of January 2020. Their cruise was denied docking for disembarkation and they ended up disembarking at Port Canaveral.