Royal Caribbean’s “Tracelet” being used for cruises

49 minutes ago, Marygracie C. said:

It seems a life time ago that I posted about not wanting to wear a"tracelet"Many jumped to the conclusion that I feared being watched.Not so,I just hated the whole manditory bracelet idea.Well,we voted with our feet and cancelled our Sept.cruise and are sailing on Oceania in2022.No more RCCL for us  until the Covid problem is in everyones" rear mirrors"I mean when we can sail freely without worries.Happy and safe sailing to all !!!

Good for you for taking a stand. However, it is probably just a matter of time before the usual suspects chime in to say goodbye.

6 hours ago, Marygracie C. said:

It seems a life time ago that I posted about not wanting to wear a"tracelet"Many jumped to the conclusion that I feared being watched.Not so,I just hated the whole manditory bracelet idea.Well,we voted with our feet and cancelled our Sept.cruise and are sailing on Oceania in2022.No more RCCL for us  until the Covid problem is in everyones" rear mirrors"I mean when we can sail freely without worries.Happy and safe sailing to all !!!

No tracelet on the Adventure currently sailing from Nassau.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:51 PM, cscurlock said:

Well to be honest you really have no rights on a cruise ship other than what the contract states and where the ship is flagged.   I think its been that way forever and if a cruise line intentionally mandated a mask what can anyone do.  Other than not sign the contract or get thrown off at the next port if you break the rules.  At the end of the day the mask thing will end.  Going on forever is not reality.  Will it be a year or two who knows.  But it will end eventually.

No masks on cruises from Galveston. Can someone let @ace2542know? 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No masks on cruises from Galveston. Can someone let @ace2542know? 

What happens if the Indian delta variant or a different variant perhaps one that can completely evade vaccine should get onboard? Answer a new third wave in USA or even pandemic?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, later said:

Adventure is using a facial recognition system onboard for contact tracing and not the tracelets.

I have heard wearing the likes of baseball cap or sunglass or a mask can give that a problem?

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

What happens if the Indian delta variant or a different variant perhaps one that can completely evade vaccine should get onboard? Answer a new third wave in USA or even pandemic?

What if a meteor crashes into the ship? Maybe we should wear hard hats just in case. 

I’ve been pro mask wearing all along. But we have to go with reasonable precautions. Given everything we know, the scientific consensus is that mask wearing isn’t necessary in a largely vaccinated population. 

Of course, everyone is free to wear a mask if they want. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I’ve been pro mask wearing all along. But we have to go with reasonable precautions. Given everything we know, the scientific consensus is that mask wearing isn’t necessary in a largely vaccinated population

Depends if that population is trying to control the spread of cold and flu as well?