Has anyone had problems booking excursions?

MX-Drew

For the past week I have been trying to book excursions on the Celebrity cruise planner as the excursions were on sale, unfortunately there was an issue with the website that prevented me from booking. I tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge but they were all the same. 

I tried again this morning and the problem has been fixed but the sale has ended, what a surprise!

I have phoned Celebrity and the response was "There is nothing I can do." Not even an apology.

This will be my first and last cruise with Celebrity as they have been nothing but trouble with cancellations and refunds etc and this really is the last straw to the point I'm even thinking of cancelling the cruise and saying goodbye  to the deposit as it is very low.

46 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

For the past week I have been trying to book excursions on the Celebrity cruise planner as the excursions were on sale, unfortunately there was an issue with the website that prevented me from booking. I tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge but they were all the same. 

I tried again this morning and the problem has been fixed but the sale has ended, what a surprise!

I have phoned Celebrity and the response was "There is nothing I can do." Not even an apology.

This will be my first and last cruise with Celebrity as they have been nothing but trouble with cancellations and refunds etc and this really is the last straw to the point I'm even thinking of cancelling the cruise and saying goodbye  to the deposit as it is very low.

Yes there have been many glitches with the website over the last few weeks. In the end we phoned up to book excursions, as it was impossible to book them on the website for many days. Celebrity staff were aware of the problems and had already fed them back to those responsible for the website ( there is a big assumption here that there is someone responsible for the website!). I would advise you to stick with celebrity as the service once on board is far superior to what you have experienced so far - though I think that is the case with many lines!

Yes, same here. I could t get past selecting the number of passengers.

HI contacted the FB person who is always quick to respond. He said that he had fed the information back, but it would be a while before it was fixed.

When I went on this morning, I noticed that the SALE option had been removed.

23A6D29E-44E3-43EF-9DB2-7328C97D5549.jpeg

63575A26-7D8E-4C29-B1B5-A0251F6F2C81.png

Unfortunately I could not phone to book.

As for sticking with Celebrity because the service on the ship is not for me. I don't want to have to fight with the company until I get on a ship. Companies need to learn that service counts.

I did message Celebrity on Twitter regarding the problem and I was ignored!

Edited by MX-Drew

Things are getting worse.

I have phoned again and this time they are telling me if I have a screenshot they will match the price as they don't know how much they were reduced by!

I then asked for my contact information to be removed from their database and they don't know how to do that!

Bye Bye Celebrity with customer service like that you won't survive long.

Edited by MX-Drew

I called them when I was having this issue, the celebrity rep was very helpful and let me know it was that there was only one space left available on the bus (or whatever tour it was) so that’s why the website wouldn’t let me book for the multiple people in my party and that was why it was on sale also as limited availability.
As it was she was able to offer me a better excursion at a better rate, however I’m guessing further bookings were cancelled and so more availability came up eventually for the other excursions.  

I had a problem too. It may be different to the problems noted here, but I tweeted Celebrity UK including a screenshot of the problem I had. As there was a SALE at the time the extra info had been overprinted on the webpage meaning the dropdown menus were not operating, and I could not make any bookings. Silence from Celebrity on Twitter. Yesterday the sale prices were gone - but I could book excursions again. Wow, lucky me, I can pay full price 

I also couldn't book excursions. I tweeted the problem to Celebrity UK, with a screenshot to show that the SALE information was overprinting the page and the drop down menus would not work. I had no response at all, even though they normally get back to me in a couple of hours. Yesterday I noticed I could book, but the Sale was finished. I retweeted - and again silence from Celebrity. All pretty annoying.

Tried to view shore excursions on our Jan cruise and the site just kept bouncing all over the place. I would bring up a port. It would stay for a moment and then revert back to the whole list. I'll just wait a couple of days to see if it gets fixed.

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

I also couldn't book excursions. I tweeted the problem to Celebrity UK, with a screenshot to show that the SALE information was overprinting the page and the drop down menus would not work. I had no response at all, even though they normally get back to me in a couple of hours. Yesterday I noticed I could book, but the Sale was finished. I retweeted - and again silence from Celebrity. All pretty annoying.

That is the same as my problem right down to tweeting Celebrity and getting no response.