A Concierge vs B level veranda cabins?

khuselid

3 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Years ago you used to request the loungers and they would remove them the night before you ended the cruise.  I'm pretty sure they gave up on that and they are there when you get on.  I have friends who were on in Jan 2020 in those aft cabins and I will ask if they were there or if they had to ask.

Just to give you an idea of the panoramic views,IMG_2557.thumb.JPG.482df962723caf0e73c101dc8b2b91fa.JPG these are friends that had one of those cabins - pic was taken by the Owners suite people - they are in Glacier Bay.  The weather was glorious.

RIP Jim

On 6/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, cruisingxpert said:

The penthouse cabins are very nice.  What deck are you on.  Deck 11 has the Executive Lounge but the cabins have a substantial overhang that can be a nuisance if you like to take pictures from your balcony.  Quite a view passengers prefer Deck 10 ph cabins. Just above the Marina name is Deck 7.  Count up to. 11 and you will see that overhang from Deck 12

image.thumb.png.8e39a72eb1fcbe85fe2eca209c585e54.png

Thank you very much for the information and especially the picture of the decks. Really helps. A picture speaks a thousand words as they say. I prefer being closer to the water so will probably shoot for one of the aft cabins on deck 7. Like you, I enjoy watching the wake of the ship.

24 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I checked with my friends.  They said they had requested a lounger.

Thank you very much for checking.

We will make the request if the lounger isn't already there when we arrive.

11 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Thank you very much for the information and especially the picture of the decks. Really helps. A picture speaks a thousand words as they say. I prefer being closer to the water so will probably shoot for one of the aft cabins on deck 7. Like you, I enjoy watching the wake of the ship.

They do tend to book quickly.  Host Jazzbeau has a great picture of the balcony on the Marina Penthouse thread.

Some people don't like those 2 aft ph because they are narrower and have a smaller closet.  I'm willing to give that up in order to have that massive wrap around balcony.  Here's a picture of what I do to get more space inside.  I have the coffee table and small chair removed and put the table and chairs at end of bed moved to face the sofa.  This creates a better traffic flow.

Riviera 7135 without table at end of bed.jpg

Riviera 7135 Layout Change.jpg

Riviera 735 with table moved to sitting area.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks "cruisingexpert" for the pictures about moving the furniture in the deck 7 aft penthouses.  We have one booked for a cruise in 2022 and that looks like a great way to get space in the room.

"Mexicobob" if you are interested in booking a deck 7 aft penthouse, in general you need to do it as soon as a cruise is available for booking.  We booked ours for the cruise we wanted on the morning it went on sale.  By the end of the day, the 2 PH1 cabins on deck 7 were booked as were the 2 PH2 cabins.