is Viking Air Plus Refundable?

rbslos18

Once paid, can Viking Air Plus and a deviation fee be cancelled with the money refunded? Given the associated fees, we can now go First Class for the price of Viking Plus Economy Comfort and deviation fee. Thanks!

RB

Edited by rbslos18

• rbslos18 changed the title to is Viking Air Plus Refundable?
5 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

Once paid, can Viking Air Plus and a deviation fee be cancelled with the money refunded? Given the associated fees, we can now go First Class for the price of Viking Plus Economy Comfort and deviation fee. Thanks!

RB

When advised we couldn't have Viking book First/Business with our airmiles, we considered cancelling Air+ and booking reward flights on our own. Our TA advised that we could cancel Air + without penalty up until we made the final payment.

Didn't actually cancel the Air +, as we shifted the booking to another WC, so unable to confirm.

42 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

When advised we couldn't have Viking book First/Business with our airmiles, we considered cancelling Air+ and booking reward flights on our own. Our TA advised that we could cancel Air + without penalty up until we made the final payment.

Didn't actually cancel the Air +, as we shifted the booking to another WC, so unable to confirm.

Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

RB

Not sure if you are talking about getting that first class ticket yourself or with Viking but, Yes, you can cancel and get a refund of Air Plus, the money paid for ticket etc,  but there is a timing issue involved.  I did it for my 26 June Iceland sailing after the booking was paid in full and the air schedule was created about 2 months before sailing , but the ticket had not been  ticketed. Received the money back in about 7 days 

As you don't say when you are travelling, I suggest that you call Viking  as soon as possible  to see if you are still within the time to cancel and get a refund .  Good luck !

Edited by vslparis

8 minutes ago, vslparis said:

Not sure if you are talking about getting that first class ticket yourself or with Viking but, Yes, you can cancel and get a refund of Air Plus, the money paid for ticket etc,  but there is a timing issue involved.  I did it for my 26 June Iceland sailing after the booking was paid in full and the air schedule was created about 2 months before sailing , but the ticket had not been  ticketed. Received the money back in about 7 days 

As you don't say when you are travelling, I suggest that you call Viking  as soon as possible  to see if you are still within the time to cancel and get a refund .  Good luck !

We are traveling in December! Is the air deviation also refunded? The ticket has not been issued.

11 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

Everything paid will be refunded if the ticket has not been issued including airfare, air plus fee and the deviation fee. At least that was the case precovid 

Thanks!  I had thought Air Plus was never refundable.  Lost.  But I will verify with my Agent.

• 4 weeks later...

Just cancelled Air Plus yesterday with a full refund.  They didn’t have contract with airline we needed so TA booked on her own, with chosen time and seats and for a lower fare too!   They said they will still honor airport transfer.  Said refund usually takes about 3 weeks.  

• Like 1