NCL-Amex Offer

joepeka

22 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

If you're really bored there is a 201 page thread about the card pinned to the top of the threads.   😉

Yeah.  I browsed it briefly.  I'll stick with my 2% (real cash) back card for most things.  I do use SW Airlines and Hyatt cards for free flights and hotels.  😎

Don't have it this time but had it that expired last Dec 31 & took advantage of it. Did anyone who got it this time get it last end of year & if so, did you use it? I wonder if I didn't get it because I took advantage of it last time.

28 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Don't have it this time but had it that expired last Dec 31 & took advantage of it. Did anyone who got it this time get it last end of year & if so, did you use it? I wonder if I didn't get it because I took advantage of it last time.

The one ending last Dec. 31st was for Worlds Leading Cruises not NCL.  I did use that promo and I did get this one for NCL.

31 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

The one ending last Dec. 31st was for Worlds Leading Cruises not NCL.  I did use that promo and I did get this one for NCL.

I got offers for both. I used the $500 to put deposits down for cruises in 2022. I just switched my NCL one to a cruise leaving this September instead.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, joepeka said:

Quite true:

"CPP bookings with Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, and Royal Caribbean International, eligible Card Members receive an onboard credit (in USD) of: $100 for inside and outside staterooms, $200 for balcony, verandah, and mini-suite staterooms, and/or $300 for suites."

Oceania also has 300 obc any cabin. Amex offers gave me 240 back quite a while ago. That one has been gone for long time 

On 6/4/2021 at 3:03 PM, joepeka said:

Quite true:

"CPP bookings with Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, and Royal Caribbean International, eligible Card Members receive an onboard credit (in USD) of: $100 for inside and outside staterooms, $200 for balcony, verandah, and mini-suite staterooms, and/or $300 for suites."

What is a CPP booking?

Edited by victory2020

57 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

What is a CPP booking?

As someone mentioned above, the American Express Platinum card has a benefit called the Cruise Privileges Program (CPP) which pays statement credits back for payments on a cruise using the Platinum card through Amex Travel or an Amex Travel representative agency. It is not a booking code with the cruise line.

51 minutes ago, joepeka said:

As someone mentioned above, the American Express Platinum card has a benefit called the Cruise Privileges Program (CPP) which pays statement credits back for payments on a cruise using the Platinum card through Amex Travel or an Amex Travel representative agency. It is not a booking code with the cruise line.

Thank you.  I remember years ago you posted a back door for some Amex cards? Do you still have that? Also, I have to thank you for saving me hundreds of dollars using the Amex offers after reading your post on these boards.

9 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Thank you.  I remember years ago you posted a back door for some Amex cards? Do you still have that? Also, I have to thank you for saving me hundreds of dollars using the Amex offers after reading your post on these boards.

You are most welcome, I am glad to help fellow cruisers save money on their bookings. The 'back door' link that I shared a few years ago was only for the Carnival Corporate brand cruise lines (via the World's Leading Cruise Lines offer), unfortunately. And now, I seriously doubt it works even for CCL. 

Just to clarify - AMEX CPP offers OBC/SBC, not statement credits. 

While AMEX states it's only available when booked with AMEX Travel, most non-bigbox TAs can get this bonus applied to your bookings.

8 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Anyone seeing this on their Amex gold card?

And is it only for new cruises, or payments for existing cruises? We have a cruise booked, but final payment isn’t due until September. 

Last offer I paid an extra $500 to add to deposit and $150 credit came back. Mine was Corp Plat but doubt that matters, it was past of Amex Offers

@CarolinaMamma

AMEX offers usually are triggered by the spend amount.  There's no way for AMEX to determine whether if that payment is applied towards a new reservation or an existing reservation.  That kind of data simply isn't transmitted with card transactional data.  You have until 8/3 to use this offer, if you see on your card.

Here are the Terms & Conditions (bold texts are emphasized by me):

DETAILS

Get a one-time $125 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500 in one or more transactions online at NCL.com or by calling 1-888-438-7114 by 8/3/2021. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. . Offer valid for reservations booked online via US website only at NCL.com, via phone at 1-888-438-7114 or through your preferred travel advisor by 8/3/2021. Valid only on purchases made in US Dollars.  Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/3/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K25T:0001

Me and my wife share an AmEx Blue Cash. She has the offer on her card and I have a separate, but same one on mine. I wonder if we can use each card separately and get the promo for $125 from each . . .

Edited by zerooveride

1 hour ago, zerooveride said:

Me and my wife share an AmEx Blue Cash. She has the offer on her card and I have a separate, but same one on mine. I wonder if we can use each card separately and get the promo for $125 from each . . .

Yes you can.  Exactly how you stated.  You each use your own card.

FWIW a side note, I'm with "A major Wall Street firm" and I get a free Amex Platinum (normally $550/year) by meeting the following criteria as a customer.

1. Certain cash account with an average daily balance of at least $25,000.

2. Monthly direct deposit of at least $5,000, or social security direct deposit even if less.

3. Brokerage account relationship.

Formerly, a client had to have $1,000,000+ with us, but they got rid of that requirement, which makes qualifying a lot easier.

Totally worth it to get the card, imo.  Not sure if this is a Platinum offer only, or if you'd see it with other tiers of Amex card.

For those with Platinum not seeing the offer, there are 2 possibilities.

1. You weren't targeted.

2. You queue is already full with 100 offers.  What I suggest is to clear out some of those 100 offers so that new ones can be added.  I look for offers expiring soon (1-2 months) and then "add to card", which can free a spot for a new offer for each "add to card" offer you add.  Even though you don't use these newly added offers, they'll drop off once expired and you can free many slots for new offers.  Be sure to leave room for offers you actually want to add, like this one, as you'll only have the ability to save up to 100 offers to the card.  I rarely do more than 50 or so.

Edited by Stockjock

17 hours ago, Stockjock said:

FWIW a side note, I'm with "A major Wall Street firm" and I get a free Amex Platinum (normally $550/year) by meeting the following criteria as a customer.

1. Certain cash account with an average daily balance of at least $25,000.

2. Monthly direct deposit of at least $5,000, or social security direct deposit even if less.

3. Brokerage account relationship.

Formerly, a client had to have $1,000,000+ with us, but they got rid of that requirement, which makes qualifying a lot easier.

Totally worth it to get the card, imo.  Not sure if this is a Platinum offer only, or if you'd see it with other tiers of Amex card.

For those with Platinum not seeing the offer, there are 2 possibilities.

1. You weren't targeted.

2. You queue is already full with 100 offers.  What I suggest is to clear out some of those 100 offers so that new ones can be added.  I look for offers expiring soon (1-2 months) and then "add to card", which can free a spot for a new offer for each "add to card" offer you add.  Even though you don't use these newly added offers, they'll drop off once expired and you can free many slots for new offers.  Be sure to leave room for offers you actually want to add, like this one, as you'll only have the ability to save up to 100 offers to the card.  I rarely do more than 50 or so.

I just have a regular blue card and usually get all the NCL offers.  But one year I didn't so cleared out about 50 other offers and still the NCL offer did not appear.  Called Amex about it and was told it was random and they couldn't put it on my card manually. 

12 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I just have a regular blue card and usually get all the NCL offers.  But one year I didn't so cleared out about 50 other offers and still the NCL offer did not appear.  Called Amex about it and was told it was random and they couldn't put it on my card manually. 

Did you happen to use the last one they offered? I did & it is not on my blue card this time. I'm wondering if using the previous one has anything to do with it. A couple of years ago I didn't get one & I had taken advantage of the one right before it.

Got the offer on my card, BUT, my Jan 2021 booking is with a big box TA.  They do not accept Amex for payment.  My 2023 med cruise is still with NCL, so used it for that one.

10 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Did you happen to use the last one they offered? I did & it is not on my blue card this time. I'm wondering if using the previous one has anything to do with it. A couple of years ago I didn't get one & I had taken advantage of the one right before it.

Now that I think of it, the last one I used was for World's Leading Cruises which expired 12/20.  Someone on this thread mentioned NCL also had one expiring on 12/20 but I never got that one and didn't know about it or would have used it.