Istanbul Hotels?

We are thrilled to, hopefully, be returning to Istanbul in October and want to stay a few nights pre-cruise. Many years ago we stayed at the Ada Hotel. Would like to try something new this time and would love your recommendations. Looks like prices are pretty good everywhere. 

Looking forward to your ideas.

Thanks, Kim

What kind of hotel are you looking for?  A small boutique hotel in one of the old Ottoman mansions?  A luxury experience like the Four Seasons in Sultanahmet? The historic hotel Pera Palace?

And in what area of Istanbul?

11 hours ago, khuselid said:

Last time we were the we stayed in Sultanahmet. That would be fine, just prefer to walk everywhere if we can.

If it's the old city sights you're interested in, then I'd definitely stay in Sultanahmet.

Last time I was in Istanbul they were just finishing up work on the Four Seasons hotel in Sultanahmet, constructed out of a historic building that once served as an Ottoman prison!  If you're looking for a splurge that is well located, I'd pick that in a heartbeat.

If you tend to like the smaller boutique hotels, they rise and fall in popularity. Take a look at Hotel Celine (14 guest rooms in a beautiful old mansion with great location just a block off Sultanahmet square) which would likely be my first choice. Another one I'd consider would be the White House hotel, which is on the opposite side of the square, a bit closer to the Bazaar but I prefer the area of the Celine (more good restaurant choices, also close to the smaller bazaar beside the Blue Mosque which offers better shopping, IMO).

• Like 2

I'll add my recommendation to fix up a hotel in Sultanahmet - Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Aya Sofia, Roman Cistern, Grand Bazaar in easy walking distance, Topkapi Palace walkable. Frequent direct tram service to the Galata Bridge & the ferries & tour boats at Eminonu

A lot of hotels have roof-top terraces for breakfast, drinks, and for evening meals if you prefer to dine-in.

From our own experience I can't recommend any particular hotels, I can only caution 😩............................

We settled on an old Ottoman house - we prefer small typical local hotels rather than big cloned international ones.

Although a super little hotel there were two problems.

1. We were allocated a third-floor room. No elevator. Each day when we returned to our room we were convinced that they'd built more stairs 🙃

2 We were right alongside a mosque.

Right alongside a minaret of that mosque.

Right at the height of the priest on a megaphone calling the faithful to prayer a number of times at daft o'clock in the morning. 😩

Be warned 🤣🤣🤣

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull
  • Like 2

A few years ago we stayed3 nights post-cruise at Sirkecki Mansion.  Walkable to everything in the Old Town.  If you want to venture further, it is about 1/2 block to a tram stop.  This was perhaps the best customer service we’ve ever experienced.  The rooms are quite large for a European hotel.  The included breakfast was excellent, and meze was served in the afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...