Luminae

judatt

We did the Chef's Market Discovery in St. Martin and they did purchase local sea food and prepared it for us in Tuscan.  On our cruise on Summit to Canada/New England, they purchased Maine lobsters for the ship and served them in every dining room.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:28 PM, floatplan said:

Anyone sailing B2B on Edge know if Luminae is serving the same 7 day menu every cruise? 

They have 14 days of menus so I was hoping Eastern/Western would alternate 1-7 and 8-14 for B2B variety.

Usually yes.   I agree it would be nice if they ran the complete 14 day rotation.   

You may want to check out the App.   You can select a current ship that is sailing and then check out their menus.    They usually update the app a week or 2 before the cruise. 

I just checked the Current Edge and the next Edge sailing and Day 1 and 2 dinner menus are the same selection.

By the way the app is not the most intuitive to navigate.

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 7/21/2021 at 8:40 AM, canderson said:

Haven't sailed with X since Luminae began, and although I've read through our 5 pages, still wondering about a couple of things.

First, when I look at the stock photos of a Luminae on the X site, it appears that the entire restaurant is set up in 2 tops.  One of the things we do enjoy on our cruises is getting to know some of our fellow travelers, and much of this happens over the dinner table in the MDR.  As we aren't traveling with friends on this cruise, that would seem to limit our options for interaction.  Anyone able to comment upon this?

Most of Luminae is setup up in 2 and 4 tops and a couple on the side they pull together for larger parties.   

They usually don't offer group tables of people that have not come to dinner together.    On the positive sides the tables are relatively close and it is not uncommon to strike up conversation with neighboring tables.   We have met some really nice guests this way and ended up having dinner together on a different night.    You will also probably meet people in Retreat and if you receptive could  invite them to join you for dinner.    

We have also on a number of occasions  invited a solo traveler to join us.   They have always enjoyed the invite.  We try not to make them feel obligated by saying "your welcome to join us if you would like".  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1