Cheers out of Galveston

firefly333

1. Do you have to clear international waters before you can use it?

2. What can I get with it?

Can I get anything other than soda or mocktails? Are some drinks premium and extra cost? Can i get a shot of espresso coffee? 

Tbh i drink less and less, i get a hangover and so i dont drink every day on a cruise, but i drink some. Cheers was so cheap I had to say yes, and book another with it, then they took away my cheers on us offer. Now i cant book it again. I have it twice. It's not something I'd normally book but I couldnt say no. 

Anyone had cheers out of Galveston and know how long you have to wait to use it? When I used a drink coupon just to buy a bloody mary they charged me $1 extra plus added tax. Is this typical? I might like one on a sea day. 

I'll for sure try a few drinks, but I'd have to be drunk all the time to use my limit, lol. Looking forward to whatever anyone can tell me about cheers. 

firefly333, I had to blink twice to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing. I if anyone, I would think you'd know the answer to that, unless there's something else going on. You are one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum. Especially, since you are from not only Texas, but a pretty close neighbor.  I hope you sail soon! 👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

1. Do you have to clear international waters before you can use it?

2. What can I get with it?

Can I get anything other than soda or mocktails? Are some drinks premium and extra cost? Can i get a shot of espresso coffee? 

Tbh i drink less and less, i get a hangover and so i dont drink every day on a cruise, but i drink some. Cheers was so cheap I had to say yes, and book another with it, then they took away my cheers on us offer. Now i cant book it again. I have it twice. It's not something I'd normally book but I couldnt say no. 

Anyone had cheers out of Galveston and know how long you have to wait to use it? When I used a drink coupon just to buy a bloody mary they charged me $1 extra plus added tax. Is this typical? I might like one on a sea day. 

I'll for sure try a few drinks, but I'd have to be drunk all the time to use my limit, lol. Looking forward to whatever anyone can tell me about cheers. 

You can’t use any part of cheers on the first day, even when you reach international waters. You will have to pay for things like soda, coffee, and of course alcohol by the drink until the second day.

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

firefly333, I apologize for being sarcastic. The answer to your question is yes, you have to clear international waters before Cheers can come into effect.

Thanks. Hey not everyone drinks. I'm not much of a drinker. I've had a few drinks a couple times during the cruise then I lay off lol. I admit I hardly drink. 

1 hour ago, slavens_09 said:

You can’t use any part of cheers on the first day, even when you reach international waters. You will have to pay for things like soda, coffee, and of course alcohol by the drink until the second day.

So it's also good on coffee? Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks. Hey not everyone drinks. I'm not much of a drinker. I've had a few drinks a couple times during the cruise then I lay off lol. I admit I hardly drink. 

So it's also good on coffee? Thanks. 

Sorry to hijack but, Firefly you must search the Carnival site. Mock bookings are turning up unreal fares with no single supplement.

21 minutes ago, mondello said:

Sorry to hijack but, Firefly you must search the Carnival site. Mock bookings are turning up unreal fares with no single supplement.

I did even before the posts today. My sept price didnt go below what I paid but the combination of the sale and solo supplement meant I got cheers without the solo supplement for only $35. So I called my travel agent 2 days ago and he got it for me. For $35 I dont need to be much of a drinker to try it out. I doubt I'll ever see it at this price again.

And this morning gave in and booked a cheapie...though someone grabbed the cabin I wanted before my travel agent got around to doing it. Lousy cabin but cant beat the deal with cheers. Too good to pass up I agree. Sept 11 just wasnt the cheapest date, but I'm stuck with it, cant move to a cheaper date but could pick up cheers so cheap. ..beats me. So now I get to try cheers. I understand pricing ..but not what I can get on cheers to drink. That's why im asking.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevethepirate said:

You can't use Cheers at all on embarkation day. On a 7 day cruise you pay for 6 days. You can get fancy coffee on debarkation day. 

Coffee or a virgin drink? Suits me. Tbh I cant remember the last time I had a drink. Couldnt pass it up.

Day two at 600 am is when Cheers kicks in going out of Galveston.  Nothing is covered at all on day one.   With Cheers, you get any alcoholic drink worth up to 20 bucks and all of the non alcoholic stuff that you want.  This includes soda, espresso based coffee drinks, Pure Leaf bottled iced tea, Perrier and large bottles of San Pellegrino in the MDR and specialty venues.  Milkshakes are also included with Cheers.  There are some exceptions to what is covered such as self serve beer stations,  self serve wine, floaters,  fish bowl drinks, drinks in souvenir glasses, and the martini sampler at the Alchemy  Bar.  But the majority of stuff is covered.   Enjoy the Alchemy Bar, it's the best place to drink on any Carnival ship.

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Day two at 600 am is when Cheers kicks in going out of Galveston.  Nothing is covered at all on day one.   With Cheers, you get any alcoholic drink worth up to 20 bucks and all of the non alcoholic stuff that you want.  This includes soda, espresso based coffee drinks, Pure Leaf bottled iced tea, Perrier and large bottles of San Pellegrino in the MDR and specialty venues.  Milkshakes are also included with Cheers.  There are some exceptions to what is covered such as self serve beer stations,  self serve wine, floaters,  fish bowl drinks, drinks in souvenir glasses, and the martini sampler at the Alchemy  Bar.  But the majority of stuff is covered.   Enjoy the Alchemy Bar, it's the best place to drink on any Carnival ship.

I've always loved the alchemy bar. Do they make regular drinks like margaritas or bloody marys or frozen drinks. I like one with mud in the name best that I've had. I'm allergic to coconut so have to be super careful of cruise drinks in ports and on the ship. I've about given up on rum drinks. They put coconut in so many. That sounds awesome. The only frozen drink I've liked  on carnival was that mud something. I heard they put Hersheys syrup in it.

I would have liked to be the one with the $200 price drop but instead I'm the one that had a cheers offer I couldnt refuse. Good to know at 6 am it's good on coffee. 

PS what's a floater? 

Edited by firefly333

I love Cheers package as I go to Alchemy bar and try new drinks, some great some not. This trip w grand suite I'll try some Cuban coffees and drinks in Havana area. Plus I budget for day one drinks as the excitement of being on board usually means I'll have 3 or 4 drinks!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, txgranny said:

I love Cheers package as I go to Alchemy bar and try new drinks, some great some not. This trip w grand suite I'll try some Cuban coffees and drinks in Havana area. Plus I budget for day one drinks as the excitement of being on board usually means I'll have 3 or 4 drinks!

I'll probably ask the bar tender for some suggestions. I hate having to always ask if a drink has coconut in it. Maybe I'll find a new favorite drink. 

I love Cuban coffee! Is Havana the only place that has it? I lived in south Florida where trucks had it and friends made it. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I'll probably ask the bar tender for some suggestions. I hate having to always ask if a drink has coconut in it. Maybe I'll find a new favorite drink. 

I love Cuban coffee! Is Havana the only place that has it? I lived in south Florida where trucks had it and friends made it. 

Yes Havana area bar only spot for Cuban coffee. At Alchemy bar there is a cucumber something drunk that is very good. Damn August 28th seems so far

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I like one with mud in the name best that I've had. I'm allergic to coconut so have to be super careful of cruise drinks in ports and on the ship. I've about given up on rum drinks. They put coconut in so many. That sounds awesome. The only frozen drink I've liked  on carnival was that mud something. I heard they put Hersheys syrup in it.

Mississippi Mud with Tennessee sour mash whiskey and coffee liquor.

Edited by mondello
Edit
  • Thanks 1