It's finally the news you have been patiently waiting to hear.

bajathree

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It would be pretty likely that they issued them a different colored sea pass. The guest account would definitely show it. Minors already wear a wristband, I think? Or maybe that's just for the kids clubs. 

Yes and they could expand when and for what cards are scanned.  Ie entrance to shows or dining room.  

Just now, Jeremiah1212 said:

It would be pretty likely that they issued them a different colored sea pass. The guest account would definitely show it. Minors already wear a wristband, I think? Or maybe that's just for the kids clubs. 

Agree. I'm visualizing RCI and all the bracelets for activities. Minors have wristbands for muster sites, if memory serves. And, year, I'm guessing a different colored sea pass as well. Ideally without any clear identification of status or class of service privilege...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds as though X will make it as tough as possible for the unvaccinated and if they reach the five percent of non vaccinated total then some guests may not be able to embark. Is that how I’m reading this? Also, for the unvaccinated I’m sure that if they try to buck the mask wearing, they will be removed from the ship at their own expense at the next port. 

• Like 3

Not happy about this…i don’t understand how this will work. Are they saying you have to upload your vaccination card at check in. Is anyone going physically going to look at it??? 

I don’t think I would of booked the Edge under these circumstances. 

I thought all eligible adults would be vaccinated.

If you are not vaccinated…how do you know if you fit into that 5% to get on board?

2 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Sounds as though X will make it as tough as possible for the unvaccinated and if they reach the five percent of non vaccinated total then some guests may not be able to embark. Is that how I’m reading this? Also, for the unvaccinated I’m sure that if they try to buck the mask wearing, they will be removed from the ship at their own expense at the next port. 

Good

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Yes and they could expand when and for what cards are scanned.  Ie entrance to shows or dining room.  

This is the type information that X should be supplying now. Let those who are not vaccinated or refusing to show their vaccination cards know exactly what to expect on board. It may give them a reason to have second thoughts on trying to go ahead with the cruise. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Basically they make it sound like if you aren't vaccinated your experience will SUCK

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

They didn't say anything about enforcement, but it was emphasized that wearing a mask would be required. I think they're hoping that passengers will not want the hassle and will show their vaccination papers. If they don't want to then they have options on other cruiselines.

I think a bigger concern is that people can print cards that look just like the original vaccination card and use that to say they are fully vaccinated when they are not at all.  

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'd have the vaccinated wear a "get outta jail" wristband.  There is no reason for them to cheat on mask wearing.  I'd be more than happy to wear one.

That's probably the more likely solution. You either don the day-glo yellow bracelet or have a mask on. Your choice....

Although 95% of passengers and crew will be vaccinated, there are 5% who may not be vaccinated. IMO this is how Celebrity can get around the Florida rule that bars businesses from requiring vaccinations. Instead of saying you can't come on board without a vaccine they say they are reserving up to 5% of seats for unvaccinated, however, those seats will be very uncomfortable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They are letting all people know that they are choosing to have cruises with Celebrity be at the highly vaccinated level... they are also letting people who are eligible for vaccines (and do not have them... and get into that small percentage) know that they will have to pay out of their own pockets for the tests before and for the end of the cruise... they are also letting them know that their experience will have different protocols than for those passengers who have gotten the vaccines.

Seriously...

I cannot imagine not wanting to have the full experience of your cruise.

Safety, fun, good food, lovely destinations... all of it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Can’t the CDC rescind the approval to sail since Celebrity will not be checking to see if passengers are vaccinated. This is all very disappointing. I really thought that they would want to verify vaccination status of their passengers. That is how they promoted the sailings. 

24 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Hopefully this all means we can check in to the July Edge sailings soon.

I’m also excited to see St. Thomas listed on the infographic above. I’ve been worried that they were planning on switching ports because there are still only two random shore excursions on the cruise planner for that port. 

I live on St. Croix…USVI Governor announced in his press conference yesterday that he sent a letter to DeSantis requesting he reconsider his position on vaccines as they related to cruises or grant an exception to allow vaccine verification specifically for ships sailing to small Caribbean islands with limited healthcare resources (I guess  islands versus ships sailing to South America/ Panama Canal/transatlantic???). Gov Bryan stated in the press conference that USVI *may* not allow ships that aren’t 95% vaccinated. So another wait and see… Equinox is the first ship currently scheduled for St Croix in mid-August. Not sure when St Thomas’ first is tentatively scheduled.  

• Like 4

Just now, Susanb10567 said:

Can’t the CDC rescind the approval to sail since Celebrity will not be checking to see if passengers are vaccinated. This is all very disappointing. I really thought that they would want to verify vaccination status of their passengers. That is how they promoted the sailings. 

Celebrity is still holding to the 95% rule. Once they reach a point with five percent of the unvaccinated guests are checked in, they can refuse remaining unvaccinated guests. A gamble for some unvaccinated. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

You still have to show your proof of vaccination. But it's optional. If you can't or won't show it you are considered unvaccinated and have to fit within that 5% window. If the 5% is full, you can't board (or book...which it looks like what they are working on now).

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, markeb said:

A glow in the dark neon green hospital bracelet affixed at check-in...

(No idea, but that would seem appropriate!)

I read a “Points Guy” blog post this weekend regarding the Millennium sailing check-in process. I realize it’s St Maarten and likely may be different in FLL, but they indicated that after their check-in health screening they were issued a wristband. They didn’t clearly state if it was just for boarding (identifying as having completed the health screening) or if it was to be worn for the length of the cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PAGA said:

I read a “Points Guy” blog post this weekend regarding the Millennium sailing check-in process. I realize it’s St Maarten and likely may be different in FLL, but they indicated that after their check-in health screening they were issued a wristband. They didn’t clearly state if it was just for boarding (identifying as having completed the health screening) or if it was to be worn for the length of the cruise.

Passengers had on blue wrist bands on boarding day but in any pics I've seen since boarding no one has them on. Those were probably just to indicate everyone had completed all of the check-in process. 

If they are using the wristband that was developed for contact tracing... perhaps those who are unvaccinated would get one of those. If you think about the PGA protocols (came into the news when Rahm tested positive) they only test people who are unvaccinated who come in contact with someone with Covid. So if you know someone is vaccinated..you don't need that tracking device. Now this gets into fake papers. I suggest they harden the language in the contract that indicates that if there is an outbreak and the passenger has the virus and it is determined that they were not infact vaccinated..that there would be additional liabilities... eg pay for all care that they need and perhaps a ban on future cruises...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Basically they make it sound like if you aren't vaccinated your experience will SUCK

I think that another big part of their strategy is the thus far unwavering messaging that adults must be vaccinated to cruise. The idea that there is an alternative path to compliance for non-vaccinated individuals is just a footnote in small text. Even in the webinar the headline was presented that way. Only a relatively small number of people will research enough to know about it and then want to give money to a company that has clearly indicated that they'd prefer they weren't on board.

Edited by Sykes

I wonder about the carrot approach... show vaccination papers and you get X... perhaps an X% discount at a specialty restaurant during the first two days... deeper discount than whatever they normally offer or discount on upgrade to drink package... or a choice of the two..

12 minutes ago, kearney said:

.... Now this gets into fake papers. I suggest they harden the language in the contract that indicates that if there is an outbreak and the passenger has the virus and it is determined that they were not infact vaccinated..that there would be additional liabilities... eg pay for all care that they need and perhaps a ban on future cruises...

Unfortunately, fake papers are a real possibility.  Just this week, a friend in another state told us that someone showed her his fake vaccination card and asked her if she wanted one.  Since she had been vaccinated, she declined.   When she questioned the act of "faking" a vaccination card, he just laughed at her.

Edited by Bluewake