It's finally the news you have been patiently waiting to hear.

bajathree

14 hours ago, marieps said:

Any way to make a buck.  We're simply going to use clear contact paper or packing tape to preserve our vax cards.  Been doing that on the insurance card in the glove box for years. 

Problem with that.. is that it makes it difficult to tell if the card is fake or real. I have read that they suggest you not laminate it ..so I assume this solution might be an issue as well... also we might need boosters...which..ideally would be noted on the same document. You might want to check before you cruise to make sure this won't be a problem... you might be able to get another one from your health department.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KKB said:

This is great!

I can VOLUNTARILY show u my card.

Those who don’t “want” to—different set of protocols for them👍

Unfortunately, it'll affect those who are genuinely not vaccinated.  Once the ship hits that 5% "unvaccinated", that's it.  Only people who show their card will get on board.

Personally speaking, I have NO problems in showing it off.

• Like 5

Just now, K.T.B. said:

Unfortunately, it'll affect those who are genuinely not vaccinated.  Once the ship hits that 5% "unvaccinated", that's it.  Only people who show their card will get on board.

Personally speaking, I have NO problems in showing it off.

I would not touch that line!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Not happy about this…i don’t understand how this will work. Are they saying you have to upload your vaccination card at check in. Is anyone going physically going to look at it??? 

I don’t think I would of booked the Edge under these circumstances. 

I thought all eligible adults would be vaccinated.

If you are not vaccinated…how do you know if you fit into that 5% to get on board?

How are they supposed to know you are vaccinated ...without looking at your card? I assume when you check in they will want to see it...if you are willing to show it...if not they will assume you are unvaccinated and given they only allow 5% unvaccinated are allowed and they will know at checking how many children they have... you will likely be sent home..or you might luck out and be one of the few allowed.... but then you will have to pay for the testing and wear a mask during the trip... 

7 hours ago, Antropos said:

It also goes the other way around: how does the representative at the pier know what all original vaccination cards in the world look like? I guess they all look more or less the same for US travelers, but what about us from Europe, for example? Every country in Europe has it's own format. Same goes for Australia, all Asian countries, and so on.

Excellent point. Each of Canada's 13 provinces and territories is responsible for delivering its vaccination program, including related documentation. Consequently, there are 13 different formats for the proof of vaccination document from Canada alone.  

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Federal CDC Covid vaccine ID?  No such thing as far as I know.  The current administration has also repeated stated that we would not have a Federal database available.  No mention of a Federal vaccination ID.

Did you get the COVID Vaccine?  Then you got the COVID Vaccine card, which is a federal document.  It has your name on it, the dose(s) you received, the batches they came from, where it was administered and who administered it.

5 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Just a heads up.. if you laminate or tape up the original CDC card you may run into trouble when or if you need to have it documented, when and IF boosters are required...

I asked my GP about that, because mine was getting “bent up” from carrying it around.  He said not to worry about laminating, and that any other vaccine you may get would either be issued on a separate doc or as a sticker that would be placed on the original CDC Vaccine card.

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Did you get the COVID Vaccine?  Then you got the COVID Vaccine card, which is a federal document.  It has your name on it, the dose(s) you received, the batches they came from, where it was administered and who administered it.

My partner got his first shot at Walgreens, because we are now traveling, he got his second at CVS.  When he gave the CVS pharmacy his card, they went in their systems and he was in there showing when and where he got the first dose.  There is some sort of a database.  We are in MA.

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

My partner got his first shot at Walgreens, because we are now traveling, he got his second at CVS.  When he gave the CVS pharmacy his card, they went in their systems and he was in there showing when and where he got the first dose.  There is some sort of a database.

I agree.  You had to register to get the vaccine and show your ID at the facility to have it administered.  So, there’s a database.

If you don't want to have a loose piece of paper floating around, just search on Amazon "vaccine card holder". It is a thick plastic holder (thicker than a plastic ziplock bag) that ziplocks at the top. It's perfect to make you feel like your card won't tear or get wet, while still keeping it accessible to take out for boosters or verification. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I agree.  You had to register to get the vaccine and show your ID at the facility to have it administered.  So, there’s a database.

There are multiple data bases.  

The local board of health

The pharmacy or immunization location

The insurance plan or other agency that paid for the vaccination.

Various medical portals that people may be part of. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Yes there is .. they are just not connected to each other under a single identity. thus the aggravation. 

Exactly, that's why for Hawaii the current rule is that people that were vaccinated IN Hawaii can be exempt from testing while entering or traveling between the islands. If you were vaccinated elsewhere, you're not exempt because Hawaii can't (at least yet) access other databases.

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I was in the trials of a vaccine that has not been approved in the United States - it is still a vaccine that was used widely in other countries but not here.  Mine is unlike any of the others I have seen and specifically says, not approved by the FDA for emergency use - but it is still a legit vaccine.

2 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

I was in the trials of a vaccine that has not been approved in the United States - it is still a vaccine that was used widely in other countries but not here.  Mine is unlike any of the others I have seen and specifically says, not approved by the FDA for emergency use - but it is still a legit vaccine.

That's something I have no knowledge of.  I would call the cruise lines and find out how they'd handle that situation and make notes about who you talked to, and when, though.  Even better, email them so you can keep track of their response(s).

1 minute ago, vermonter16 said:

Probably the AZ vaccine.  I am pretty sure this will still count in the USA.  Thanks for being in the trials.  Check with your cruise line to see if they will take documentation of your AZ vaccine from your clinical trial.  They are doing so for passengers and crew from other countries that have been vaccinated with the AZ vaccine.  It should not be a problem.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

iPee- any update on the cruise line agreements with the state of FL.  You seemed to think a week or two ago that agreements were imminent.   I believed you so I am not going against you here.  Just asking if your information has changed?

I haven't heard anything recently, it's going to be interesting to see what Carnival and NCL does.  Celebrity seems to have taken a more pragmatic approach for the time being.  It seems like Florida and Celebrity have agreed to allow Celebrity to acquire your vaccination status during the check-in/Health Questionnaire documents.  Celebrity has taken the approach that they will guarantee the ships will be at least 95% vaccinated, although they haven't released the details how they will do that.  You will still need to volunteer to show your vaccination documents at the pier.  It looks like they are taking approach that they will cancel reservations if you are not vaccinated to keep the ship above 95% vaccinated.  You will still be able to sail without being vaccinated but they will require additional testing at the passenger's expense and limitations such as wearing a mask on-board.  So Celebrity and Florida apparently agreed to this process, but it certainly isn't as clear everyone hoped. 

But  this is what everyone hoped for, vaccinated people can sail without restrictions on board.  The ship was never really going to be 100% vaccinated because there were always going to be religious or medical exceptions.  Behind the scenes, I think this entire process is still in discussion.  Celebrity is ready to cruise now, so it looks like they had to accept this solution.

It will be interesting, if NCL and Carnival can negotiate a better agreement with more time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Probably the AZ vaccine.  I am pretty sure this will still count in the USA.  Thanks for being in the trials.  Check with your cruise line to see if they will take documentation of your AZ vaccine from your clinical trial.  They are doing so for passengers and crew from other countries that have been vaccinated with the AZ vaccine.  It should not be a problem.

Thank you.  It is.  I will email it to our Celebrity Rep and see what she says...maybe after things get a little more settled and underway.  I didn't have a choice as to what trial I would be in, just wanted to get things back to 'normal'.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I haven't heard anything recently, it's going to be interesting to see what Carnival and NCL does.  Celebrity seems to have taken a more pragmatic approach for the time being.  It seems like Florida and Celebrity have agreed to allow Celebrity to acquire your vaccination status during the check-in/Health Questionnaire documents.  Celebrity has taken the approach that they will guarantee the ships will be at least 95% vaccinated, although they haven't released the details how they will do that.  You will still need to volunteer to show your vaccination documents at the pier.  It looks like they are taking approach that they will cancel reservations if you are not vaccinated to keep the ship above 95% vaccinated.  You will still be able to sail without being vaccinated but they will require additional testing at the passenger's expense and limitations such as wearing a mask on-board.  So Celebrity and Florida apparently agreed to this process, but it certainly isn't as clear everyone hoped. 

But  this is what everyone hoped for, vaccinated people can sail without restrictions on board.  The ship was never really going to be 100% vaccinated because there were always going to be religious or medical exceptions.  Behind the scenes, I think this entire process is still in discussion.  Celebrity is ready to cruise now, so it looks like they had to accept this solution.

It will be interesting, if NCL and Carnival can negotiate a better agreement with more time.

I agree.  I think that's why Celebrity has been steadfast in their procedures moving forward.

50 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I asked my GP about that, because mine was getting “bent up” from carrying it around.  He said not to worry about laminating, and that any other vaccine you may get would either be issued on a separate doc or as a sticker that would be placed on the original CDC Vaccine card.

This sounds like questionable advice from your doctor, who is not really in a position to know in what context the inspection of the original document may be required.  You can feel the sticker on the original; under lamination that is probably not possible.  I think getting a waterproof vaccine card holder is a better and safer solution.  I ordered some last night from Amazon in anticipation of future travels.  I understand that they are also available at Office Depot for around $1.50.

Tom & Judy

2 minutes ago, TFree said:

This sounds like questionable advice from your doctor, who is not really in a position to know in what context the inspection of the original document may be required.  You can feel the sticker on the original; under lamination that is probably not possible.  I think getting a waterproof vaccine card holder is a better and safer solution.  I ordered some last night from Amazon in anticipation of future travels.  I understand that they are also available at Office Depot for around $1.50.

Tom & Judy

That works, too.  I got mine laminated.  If and when that's not enough, I'm sure I'll find another path.  Maybe carry an additional card.

Truth be told, by that time, I believe there will be other avenues to show vaccine status other than the CDC Vaccine Card.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Just because one was vaccinated does not mean they got a COVID vaccine card.  

We got vaccinated and the county did not use vaccine cards.  Initially they gave out a copied piece of paper with instruction regarding what to do if you have a reaction,  when 2nd appointment would be and in the bottom corner a copy of a sticker that had the date, which vaccine and the lot#.  Nothing original on the paper, no signature or initials.  Same for 2nd shot.  We went to the County Health Department to try and get a card, they didn’t have them so they printed out a document on their stationary with the dates, type, lot# etc  and initialed it.

Fingers crossed it is acceptable. 

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Just because one was vaccinated does not mean they got a COVID vaccine card.  

We got vaccinated and the county did not use vaccine cards.  Initially they gave out a copied piece of paper with instruction regarding what to do if you have a reaction,  when 2nd appointment would be and in the bottom corner a copy of a sticker that had the date, which vaccine and the lot#.  Nothing original on the paper, no signature or initials.  Same for 2nd shot.  We went to the County Health Department to try and get a card, they didn’t have them so they printed out a document on their stationary with the dates, type, lot# etc  and initialed it.

Fingers crossed it is acceptable. 

That sounds like a winner.  Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get the cruise line's take on what would/wouldn't be accepted.  

Don't remember the verbiage off the top of my head, but I know the CDC COVID Vaccine cards aren't the only form of Vaccine proof that will be accepted.  They also made allowances for those who are cruising from other countries, who have been vaccinated, but have a different form of proof of vaccination.