Solo Cruisers in Haven?

margoula

I've gone solo in the Haven, but you do have to pay double. Oddly enough, there was another person in the Haven traveling solo when I was there. I don't think that's the norm, though.

At the time I was splurging and won an upgrade bid on a Haven spa room. 

• Like 2

I think for the Haven to make sense price wise to a lot of folks who are solo travelers you might have to find a friend or team up with another solo you met in the past and share a room (if you are comfortable doing that).  I know you can pay double occupancy, but the Haven has priced out to about 500 pp/pd for me over the past few years, so I would guess that would be more then most would want to spend for themselves solo (Basically $1000 per night).

• Thanks 1

I went solo in the Haven, and will be going solo in the Haven in November.  My butler was surprised when I said it was just me...so I don't think solo travelers are the norm in the Haven.  But, I loved the space and attention I got.

You can find some deals on Haven bookings as a solo.  While it will never be cheap, I have found some good deals.  When I see them, I immediately put down a deposit as they never last long.  Also, with the return to cruising, there isn't going to be much in the way of good deals as people use up their FCC and demand is high.  I booked my November 2021 cruise in October 2020, and then booked my December 2022 in November 2020.  My cabin is going for $3k to $4k more than I paid now.  I have not seen it as low as it was last fall.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, oteixeira said:

I think for the Haven to make sense price wise to a lot of folks who are solo travelers you might have to find a friend or team up with another solo you met in the past and share a room (if you are comfortable doing that).  I know you can pay double occupancy, but the Haven has priced out to about 500 pp/pd for me over the past few years, so I would guess that would be more then most would want to spend for themselves solo (Basically $1000 per night).

Yeah, going solo in the Haven is way beyond my price point. I came close to having "The Haven" experience on the Norwegian Gem out of Dominican Republic in Sept, until NCL cancelled the cruise. I was booked in a forward-facing penthouse suite (that came with a butler). Yes, it was pricey but it was within my price point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nyc2pdx said:

You can find some deals on Haven bookings as a solo.  While it will never be cheap, I have found some good deals.  When I see them, I immediately put down a deposit as they never last long.  Also, with the return to cruising, there isn't going to be much in the way of good deals as people use up their FCC and demand is high.

Wow, I didn't know you could (past tense) find deals on The Haven as a solo. But I agree, these deals are probably gone for the near future with all the FCC and high cruising demand out there.

• 6 months later...

I understand this post is from a while ago, and I know that every person is going to give a different answer, but what would you be willing to pay to sail solo in the Haven? Like what price point would you (a vague, generic you, here) feel would be a good deal/your price point?

• 2 months later...