When do reservations open?

On 6/8/2021 at 6:16 PM, nyc2pdx said:

does it matter if you pay in full?  I'm in the Haven, and NCL moved the final payment to 60 days.  Will reservations still become available at 130?

It doesn't matter if you are paid in full. You dining reservations will open 130 days prior to departure. 

Edited by BirdTravels

6 hours ago, trivimp said:

If you book them via the cart, you must prepay; if you call the 800 number, you can reserve them without payment, and they will be charged to your shipboard account after the excursion is completed.  

Edited to add:  This is specifically for the US website.  Other countries' websites may be different.

This changed recently you now have to pay at time of booking excursions even if you call the excursions desk. We had to pay for the excursions we made for our sept 19 Sky cruise 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, saltsandknit said:

This changed recently you now have to pay at time of booking excursions even if you call the excursions desk. We had to pay for the excursions we made for our sept 19 Sky cruise 

Would you be willing to share your excursion choices? We’re on the same sailing and looking for ideas. I’m thinking of renting a villa on Great Stirrup Cay and would be glad to have others join us. 

8 hours ago, trivimp said:

If you book them via the cart, you must prepay; if you call the 800 number, you can reserve them without payment, and they will be charged to your shipboard account after the excursion is completed.  

Edited to add:  This is specifically for the US website.  Other countries' websites may be different.

Tried this today and the rep said they aren’t allowing to book without prepayment anymore. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Yes.  The system sometimes doesn't work consistently.  I would call them tomorrow.

So I did call yesterday (Wed June 9).  The first rep transferred me to the Concierge Desk.  Spoke to Connie.  She could see the problem I was referring to.  She sent a report of the problem to the appropriate dept.  She also took down my specific request and said if it does not get resolved, she would send it to the ship and the concierge there would take care of it (when there is one onboard).  

Now, just after midnight on Thurs 6/10, I just happened to check again and Cagney's is now available and I made my reservation.  Not sure if it was fixed due to my call.  We are actually doing back to back cruises, so the dinners for 10/24 open next Wednesday morning.  I will see if Cagney's is available to book then.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Would you be willing to share your excursion choices? We’re on the same sailing and looking for ideas. I’m thinking of renting a villa on Great Stirrup Cay and would be glad to have others join us. 

In the DR we are doing Discover Puerto Plata since it’s our first time there. In St Thomas we are doing the rumporium. 
In Tortola we are doing the Virgin gorda and baths. Last time we were there it was stormy so it was canceled. We haven’t decided about GSC. We thought about a cabana and we will either snorkel or paddle board or both. We haven’t been here either so I have no idea what to expect. If you decide on a villa let me know. I will talk to my husband. It sounds like a good plan. 

1 hour ago, saltsandknit said:

In the DR we are doing Discover Puerto Plata since it’s our first time there. In St Thomas we are doing the rumporium. 
In Tortola we are doing the Virgin gorda and baths. Last time we were there it was stormy so it was canceled. We haven’t decided about GSC. We thought about a cabana and we will either snorkel or paddle board or both. We haven’t been here either so I have no idea what to expect. If you decide on a villa let me know. I will talk to my husband. It sounds like a good plan. 

Thanks! We're in an Oceanview cabin on the ship so I was thinking of renting the villa as a nice sort of treat. We haven't been to GSC and will likely bring our snorkel gear, though I don't know how far the water is from Silver Cove where the villas are. Anyway, the price is pretty reasonable for what you get, I think it'd be $300 for the whole day, using my $50 shore excursion credit. And the villa holds up to 8 people. Thanks for letting me know about your plans. I was also looking at Virgin Gorda and the Baths for the Tortola portion. Most of the ports are new to us apart from St Thomas, which we've only seen once 8 years ago and it poured rain most of the day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

Ah, well, that's a bummer.  Another thing that's changed in the post-COVID era, I guess.  Thanks for correcting my out-of-date info 🙃 

14 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I was also looking at Virgin Gorda and the Baths for the Tortola portion. Most of the ports are new to us apart from St Thomas, which we've only seen once 8 years ago and it poured rain most of the day.

I've done the baths 3-4 times and enjoy it every-time. Typically there is no benefit to trying to do this on your own. Go ahead and book the cruise excursion (you end up riding the same tender, but it's quite a drive from where the tender lets you off in Virgin Gorda to the Baths themselves and the cruise ship includes open air bus]ses). At the end of the baths there is lovely beach to swim in. We typically bring a light snack and water with us to enjoy on the beach, there is a place to purchase but it's at the top of the hill. The path in the baths can change depending on tide, but I don't consider it dangerous at all. There is a part where you will need to use a rope to scale some rock if it's high tide, but again, it's not difficult. Virgin Gorda is always one of my favorite stops.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, Dreamcruiser2 said:

We paid off the balance of our Christmas cruise, but I can't remember when it opens for reservations for dining, spa, excursions, etc.  

I know you have more time if you have status, but this is only our 3rd cruise on NCL.  Anyone happen to know?  TIA

Loyalty status (Latitudes) plays no part in Payment Due dates.

Haven, Suites, and Club Balcony Suites get to book Dining and Entertainment sooner.

Excursions can be booked when they are loaded to your Ship's sail date.

Payment Due upon booking excursions has been in place since March (maybe sooner) of 2021.

...Excursions I wanted to book had to be paid at the time of booking, as of March 30, 2021.

5 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks! We're in an Oceanview cabin on the ship so I was thinking of renting the villa as a nice sort of treat. We haven't been to GSC and will likely bring our snorkel gear, though I don't know how far the water is from Silver Cove where the villas are. Anyway, the price is pretty reasonable for what you get, I think it'd be $300 for the whole day, using my $50 shore excursion credit. And the villa holds up to 8 people. Thanks for letting me know about your plans. I was also looking at Virgin Gorda and the Baths for the Tortola portion. Most of the ports are new to us apart from St Thomas, which we've only seen once 8 years ago and it poured rain most of the day.

If you can actually book any VILLA for $300, don't hesitate!!!

But, don't be fooled by the "generic" excursion listings!

On the Sky cruise we  have booked, a Small Cabana starts at $249,  VILLAs are well more than that (even with ShorEX discount)!  Currently (at least for now), only the SKY is scheduled at GSC on the day we will be there.

*** What many cruisers don't seem to understand is that price is based on several factors:

1) Season, 2) Size of ship, and 3) How many ships will be at GSC on the same day.

13 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you can actually book any VILLA for $300, don't hesitate!!!

But, don't be fooled by the "generic" excursion listings!

On the Sky cruise we  have booked, a Small Cabana starts at $249,  VILLAs are well more than that (even with ShorEX discount)!  Currently (at least for now), only the SKY is scheduled at GSC on the day we will be there.

*** What many cruisers don't seem to understand is that price is based on several factors:

1) Season, 2) Size of ship, and 3) How many ships will be at GSC on the same day.

Thanks! I went ahead and booked an Ocean Villa, the transaction went through and it's now appearing on my vacation summary, so I take that to mean that my reservation was successful. The villas weren't a whole lot more than the cabanas and I want A/C and a bathroom!  ☺️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks! I went ahead and booked an Ocean Villa, the transaction went through and it's now appearing on my vacation summary, so I take that to mean that my reservation was successful. The villas weren't a whole lot more than the cabanas and I want A/C and a bathroom!  ☺️

I hope you have a great time!   Have you watched some of the great videos?  Things are looking wonderful there as they have been updating things during the shut-down.

We had an Ocean Villa booked for Sky cruise, last May, (great price due to PP+ and ShorEx discounts). But, so much for that!  Prices for cabanas and VILLAS for our next cruise are considerably higher, there are two ships scheduled that day!

1 minute ago, ggTexasGal said:

I hope you have a great time!   Have you watched some of the great videos?  Things are looking wonderful there as they have been updating things during the shut-down.

We had an Ocean Villa booked for Sky cruise, last May, (great price due to PP+ and ShorEx discounts). But, so much for that!  Prices for cabanas and VILLAS for our next cruise are considerably higher, there are two ships scheduled that day!

We're on the Sky and I believe we call at GSC on Sept 25, maybe we're the only ones there. I was surprised by the price of renting the Villa, I think the Cabanas were only $100 less, maybe $50.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

We're on the Sky and I believe we call at GSC on Sept 25, maybe we're the only ones there. I was surprised by the price of renting the Villa, I think the Cabanas were only $100 less, maybe $50.

I am hoping that you have FANTASTIC weather, calm tenderings, and a wonderful day!!!  According to what I saw, Sky only that day!  Seems like a perfect situation. 🤩

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

I am hoping that you have FANTASTIC weather, calm tenderings, and a wonderful day!!!  According to what I saw, Sky only that day!  Seems like a perfect situation. 🤩

Thanks, Ginger. We've never been to GSC so it'll be fun to see a new place. 😄 We're very much looking forward to the trip and hope it happens, LOL. 😆

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks, Ginger. We've never been to GSC so it'll be fun to see a new place. 😄 We're very much looking forward to the trip and hope it happens, LOL. 😆

You are welcome.  Try to get one of the earliest Tenders (using your excursion ticket, which might require you join group in the Stardust/elsewhere.  But who knows, things might have changed.)

With the Villa versus a cabana, you also get that separate dining area (looks even nicer).

I'm hoping all goes as planned for your trip.

gg

4 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You are welcome.  Try to get one of the earliest Tenders (using your excursion ticket, which might require you join group in the Stardust/elsewhere.  But who knows, things might have changed.)

With the Villa versus a cabana, you also get that separate dining area (looks even nicer).

I'm hoping all goes as planned for your trip.

gg

Thank you so much. I opted for the Priority Access on our cruise so I'm hoping (and praying) it means we'll be among the first ones off the ship there.

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thank you so much. I opted for the Priority Access on our cruise so I'm hoping (and praying) it means we'll be among the first ones off the ship there.

Well, hopefully so, especially since your Excursion Ticket for a Villa, alone, should give you a Priority Tender boarding!  Suite travelers, of course, also have priority.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I've done the baths 3-4 times and enjoy it every-time. Typically there is no benefit to trying to do this on your own. Go ahead and book the cruise excursion (you end up riding the same tender, but it's quite a drive from where the tender lets you off in Virgin Gorda to the Baths themselves and the cruise ship includes open air bus]ses). At the end of the baths there is lovely beach to swim in. We typically bring a light snack and water with us to enjoy on the beach, there is a place to purchase but it's at the top of the hill. The path in the baths can change depending on tide, but I don't consider it dangerous at all. There is a part where you will need to use a rope to scale some rock if it's high tide, but again, it's not difficult. Virgin Gorda is always one of my favorite stops.

Thank you so much for this, @BermudaBound2014. This will be our first time and I think I've seen some footage on that trashy Below Deck show of VG, haha. I can't wait to go. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that NCL doesn't cancel on us! 

11 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

The price of the villa is surprisingly low. We are booking insides for now while cruising is in flux. We spend zero time in our cabin anyway since my husband never sits around. We have been to St Thomas and Tortola several times but DR and GSC are new. I am really excited to be cruising again. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

The baths sound really fun. We were disappointed that we had to miss it last time we were there. 

40 minutes ago, saltsandknit said:

The price of the villa is surprisingly low. We are booking insides for now while cruising is in flux. We spend zero time in our cabin anyway since my husband never sits around. We have been to St Thomas and Tortola several times but DR and GSC are new. I am really excited to be cruising again. 

We’d be happy to share with other passengers. Let us know… 😊