Noordam coming to Boston

cruise44

We are going for dinner on Friday night, and then returning early on Saturday morning for a full day's events including luncheon and dinner. The invitation indicated we have to be off by midnight. Look's like a busy and fun weekend.

My TA said that many of his frequent HAL clients received invitations.

Darcy

You should receive a boarding pass and a parking voucher in the mail. I received mine a few weeks ago.

If they don't come in time then it might be a good idea to have the e-mail confirmation with you---I believe it's better to have too much paperwork than too little. The important thing is to have photo I.D. with you that has the same name(s) as on the manifest.

Sail and Ruth, I am looking forward to hear your reports. I hope you get a chance to see the aft suite cabins. I am really cruious as to how thry turned out. Are the verrandahs still a bit larger than mid ship, are the cabins any bigger or are they smaller? Can't wait to hear details:)

Our Cruise Planners were invited and are going. I'm anxious to get the FULL REPORT from them when they get back...it sounds like they are going to have a fantastic time...just wish they could have taken us along with them!

Debjo

We have several friends in our local area who have cruised with HAL and have been invited. There is a lot of excitement about this pretty new ship coming to Boston.

My husband was at a casual little restaurant near his office yesterday and heard three different people comment they had been invited to dinner. One person mentioned it and two people seated near him chimed in they also were going.

You can count on me posting comments after our time aboard.

Can't wait to see her on Friday! Sounds as though we will know many folks who are going and am sure there will be a long line waiting to board. Just hope they will have a few seats downstairs for people to sit on while waiting as it will be difficult for my husband to stand for too long with his recent knee replacement.

As I understand it the ship is scheduled to arrive sometime tomorrow (the 16th) and will depart for NYC right after the TA's disembark very late Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

We know she's to be in New York for Luncheon Tuesday....so we know that at the latest, she would be arriving early Tuesday morning.

Hi S7S,

NOORDAM will arrive am on Friday in Boston for USCG inspections. Mariner dinner in the evening.

There are luncheons on board on Saturday and a big dinner on board in the evening.

The ship is due to sail from Boston at 1 am on Sunday morning.

She is due to arrive in New York at 7 am on Monday morning.

There will be functions on board during the day and even on both the Monday and the Tuesday.

If the carpets look worn and the crew look tired we will know why!

The crew will have been working extra hard for weeks and weeks now. Loading and ditributing furniture, stores and supplies... cleanung from top to bottom, inspections, safety drills... over and over again... visitors and functions non-stop........

So, if anyone catches their cabin steward tking a nap on your soda during the maiden voyage.... the poor chap has earned it! :)

Stephen

Thanks for the schedule, Stephen.

I was writing an e-mail this morning and in it mentioned how tired the crew would be by the time they load thousands of people on and off for lunch and dinner and whatever.....after all the work they have done with the loading and distributing and cleaning in the last weeks.

Can't Wait to See Her :) Very exciting!! :) ......The few photos I've seen are beautiful IMO

Archived