MedallionClass app is a security nightmare.

CruiseMrB

14 minutes ago, c-boy said:

google the address bris 

I did that before global experience innovators inc even came up for discussion on CC.

What is most interesting is when you look at the FCC ID information for them. All the contacts are at Carnival Corp.

The cover letter to the FCC explicitly calls them out as a wholly owned subsidiary of Carnival Corp.

Many corporations have subsidiaries to protect the main corporate body from various forms of liability.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 10:22 AM, CruiseMrB said:

Yes, and that's perfectly fine. But tying to an open phone is another kettle of fish.

Don't you have a password protect or pin on your phone? 

Edited by awhcruiser

On 6/10/2021 at 1:18 PM, CruiseMrB said:

Android App referenced here.

A dob is also required.  How would some unknowing person find that out?

1. You can login using only your booking number without any password or PIN. That booking number is only 6 alphanumeric characters long and might be on your phone already in an email, sms message, or text file.

On 6/11/2021 at 2:15 PM, brisalta said:

It definitely seems like the app is a huge security risk. I suspect that Princess does not have a computer security team. ( The web site has a bunch of security problems as well).

I suspect that the app violates computer security and privacy regulations in a number of jurisdictions. I await for the egg to appear on some executive's face at Princess.

Internet operations are definitely NOT Princess strong point. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 12:14 PM, Jemnibabe said:

That has been my problem.  Trying to help hubby get into his account but he set his account up so long ago, he does not have a clue of his password and there seems to be no way to change it or get a new one.  Consequently, he can't even try to get info on the Medallion.  I have always filled in his info on the Personalizer so now, more problems.

You can login on the website with your booking #, then change your password. This will change the passowrd on Medallion, I think..