Azamara Onward Cabins

bcaha

Since the Onward is a refurbished ship, would the comments in the Azamara cabin thread apply to Onward? 

I'm looking at 7091 and 7093 where on the Quest someone posted that there was a humming or vibration. Would that also be true of the Onward? 

My main concern is noise. I want deck 7 for that reason - just not sure where.

Is there a way to tell where crew work areas and doors would be?

Thanks so much for any insight you can offer! 

Heaven only knows what that noise might have been. Having travelled on both Quest and Journey, I would have to say you picked a great deck and a decent location. You are far enough away from the elevators so that they shouldn't bother you (and they are a very short walk away from both 7091 and 93. You are nowhere near the laundry rooms. There are rooms above and below you. Deck 8 you run the risk of the swimming pool above you. Not leaking but the heavy chairs are always being moved in the AM. We were on D8 Suites once... Our first cruise was in room 6007, above the theater. Yes, there was some noise. Not a lot, but it was there. I've noticed that rooms immediately below the theater, especially the inside rooms tend to be the cheapest. There will be noise, as will be the rooms adjoining the laundry room, and as I mentioned on D8 below the pool area. I would worry more about noisy, feisty neighbors in your adjoining rooms on D7 more than ghostly noises on another ship. Have a great trip. Azamara, at least in the past, has been beyond superb!

I have noticed a definite "hum" as I've walked down that corridor as I've stayed a few times at the very end, but it tends to be a bit further back than the ones you mention. It's the smoke stack that runs up that part of the ship. 

I have to say, it wouldn't bother me. I am used to white noise at home as I have an aircon unit in the bedroom and actually like it. 

I like deck 7 too. 👍. You'll be fine I'm.sure. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 12:15 PM, bcaha said:

Thanks! Wound up choosing a cabin on deck 7 but more central and not by the laundry.

What Azamara newbies tend to forget is that the R class ships are small ships.  It takes only 5 or 6 ,minutes to walk the entire length of the ship so no matter how far you are from an elevator, you are not very far.  That is one of the things I like about R class ships as compared to the Monstrosities of the Seas class ships.

DON

• Like 5

On 6/12/2021 at 6:58 AM, bcaha said:

I'm looking at 7091 and 7093 where on the Quest someone posted that there was a humming or vibration.

We were on the Princess on its last full (uninterrupted) cruise before Covid hit.  I was trying hard to find a record of exactly which cabin we were in...but all my documentation says is that it was a guaranteed cabin (MC) upper deck, mid-aft.  I believe we were on deck 8, within a few cabins of those numbers listed above by bcaha.  We never noticed any objectionable noise.

• Like 2

We are looking to book on this ship as well next May. We have never sailed on Azamara. We have an extended balcony on deck 7 aft on hold or a more midship cabin but close to elevators, which concerns us. We are also looking at a Club Continent on Deck 8 - which having looked at Deck9 plans has me a little concerned. 
We are fairly early night people on port intensive itineraries such as the B2B we are interested in n

3 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

We are looking to book on this ship as well next May. We have never sailed on Azamara. We have an extended balcony on deck 7 aft on hold or a more midship cabin but close to elevators, which concerns us. We are also looking at a Club Continent on Deck 8 - which having looked at Deck9 plans has me a little concerned. 
We are fairly early night people on port intensive itineraries such as the B2B we are interested in n

I wouldn't worry about the closeness of the elevators.  You won't hear anything. I've stayed in them a few times and it's quiet. You'll also save yourself some $$$ over a P1 cabin. Personally I don't think these cabins are worth the premium unless you really want the aft view (which is very nice). 

Have a look at the cabin sticky at the top of this forum. There are reports of various cabins on deck 8. From experience some are quieter than others. You'll need to look at all deck 8 cabins as the ships up to now have some ordinary balcony cabins too, but of course what's above won't change. I'd avoid under the gym, but not the spa. Under the starboard side of the Mosaic Cafe. Under The Patio area. Under the Sunset Veranda. 

Each person has their own tolerances to noise and what they hear. I'm quite sensitive to it. 

Phil 

• Like 2