LIVE Virtuosa second 7-day 12/6/2021

tonybecks

You can do the Covid swab test yourself if you want. At check in they offered so I did, and for the mid cruise swab yesterday I reached out for the stick and he was happy for me to do it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lopar said:

You can do the Covid swab test yourself if you want. At check in they offered so I did, and for the mid cruise swab yesterday I reached out for the stick and he was happy for me to do it. 

That’s a great idea! We do them at home so are used to it. Was there a mirror though? I have only done it in front of a mirror! Will practice without…..prettty sure I know where my nose is!! 😅😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

That’s a great idea! We do them at home so are used to it. Was there a mirror though? I have only done it in front of a mirror! Will practice without…..prettty sure I know where my nose is!! 😅😂

I thought that too but since it’s only a nose swab and you don’t need to do your throat it’s fine, found my nose 😂

57 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Virtuosa is supposed to be one of the cleaning ships going

Is it proven this is a genuine video or an eco doctured film? 

Don't know, but, if true, my concern is running towards some sort of engine problems... Strange at such a one month old cruise ship, but possible...

Have a nice day!...

Didn't see anything like that the week before either. I did notice the smoke was a browny green colour a couple of times and when we were doing laps of the track on the sea days there was sometimes an unpleasant smell in the aft pool area. I don't know anything about how ships engines work and thought maybe it was something to do with the ship being 'green' and maybe set up differently to the older ships.

7 minutes ago, kernow said:

Didn't see anything like that the week before either. I did notice the smoke was a browny green colour a couple of times and when we were doing laps of the track on the sea days there was sometimes an unpleasant smell in the aft pool area. I don't know anything about how ships engines work and thought maybe it was something to do with the ship being 'green' and maybe set up differently to the older ships.

A while ago Seaside attracted a not so nice thread on cruise critic called "smell Gate" there had been an issue with the way some pipework had been connected and routed which meant at times there was what some called a sewage smell both inside and outside of the ship and strangely around the pool deck. The issue was rectified after a while so I wonder if the same issue has arisen on Virtuosa despite being built by a different company.

On 6/13/2021 at 9:01 AM, tonybecks said:

Yeah. We must have been waitlisted and someone cancelled last minute. I guess the Glasgow cancellation may have worked in our favour. 

There’s less than 800 on board and it’s a surprisingly young crowd - but everyone seems under for it and is in good spirits that I’ve seen. 

We were told there were 880 on board.