Seville a truly great Spanish city and easily reached from Cadiz some ideas of what to see and enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Sevilla is a large city but is to visit , most of interesting places close . Cathedral  : so large ! , Alcazar not to be missed , Plaza de Espana .  Queue is usual for ticket  , by before on line . 

Santa Cruz barrio , bars with tapas ......

On 7/1/2021 at 3:40 AM, VOYOV said:

Sevilla is a large city but is to visit , most of interesting places close . Cathedral  : so large ! , Alcazar not to be missed , Plaza de Espana .  Queue is usual for ticket  , by before on line . 

Santa Cruz barrio , bars with tapas ......

Absolutely, these would be the top four on my list.  That said, the Plaza de Espana is one of my favorite sites in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have the option of a ship excursion in October.  However it states one and half hours driving each way and comes including lunch.  The overall time is 8 hours.  Will there be enough time left to see enough of the main sights?  Would love to see this city but not at a frantic pace.  

Sevilla is a terrific city to visit.  Well worth the travel time from Cadiz.  My near neighbor MSKaufman lists the highlights.  I'd add only that the Santa Cruz barrio is the oldest (or one of the oldest) parts of the city, with narrow streets, charming/quaint historic architecture, attractive little shops, etc, etc.

If your alternative is a day in Cadiz, don't even think twice.  Cadiz is attractively sited, but doesn't have a lot of character, and there isn't much if anything to see there.  If you're a sherry aficionado you might try to arrange a visit to the Osborne (or some other) sherry winery (bodega), across the water in El Puerto de Santa Maria.

Be very cautious about a ship's excursion to Jerez de la Frontera.  Find out exactly what the tour timetable is.  Ours was poorly planned, lots of idle time waiting around for things to open.

But if you haven't seen it, you really shouldn't miss Sevilla.

There are some pictures from the Santa Cruz barrio in a link I put in an earlier post.  Our tour gave time for lunch on our own, which was great because we had a quick lunch.  The one site we missed was the inside of the cathedral.  However, that was our choice as we chose to walk around.  Also, if we wanted, we would have had time for a horse and carriage ride. I agree that Seville is worth the trip from Cadiz.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 3:15 AM, mskaufman said:

There are some pictures from the Santa Cruz barrio in a link I put in an earlier post.  Our tour gave time for lunch on our own, which was great because we had a quick lunch.  The one site we missed was the inside of the cathedral.  However, that was our choice as we chose to walk around.  Also, if we wanted, we would have had time for a horse and carriage ride. I agree that Seville is worth the trip from Cadiz.

Have to agree Seville has much more to see than Cadiz.

• 2 months later...