Viking Venus Ship Tour Walkthrough

luv2cruzuk

Fantastic video; even more excited for our first Viking Oceans on July 3 now! I'm looking forward to your food and drink reviews too! Loved seeing all the wonderful views of the ocean - something I have really missed! 

Did you have to make reservations for the gym or spa?

Edited by librarylady19
  • Like 1

Thank you for your excellent video.  
We like the smaller class ships (Azamara & Oceania) and following a very good experience on a Viking river cruise pre Covid, have their Ocean ships on our radar.  Will now investigate their itineraries.  

Regards

• Like 1

I’m really enjoying your videos!  We board our first Viking cruise on 26 June, so this is all very exciting.  She certainly looks a beautiful ship.  I’m looking forward to your “What We Ate” video next. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ohiojohn said:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful peaceful video.  We will be sailing for the first time on Viking July 13 around Bermuda. 

Thanks for watching. Wow Bermuda!! You are in for something really special with Viking. They are my new favourite cruise line! Cheers!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, librarylady19 said:

Fantastic video; even more excited for our first Viking Oceans on July 3 now! I'm looking forward to your food and drink reviews too! Loved seeing all the wonderful views of the ocean - something I have really missed! 

Did you have to make reservations for the gym or spa?

Hello! Thanks for the comments!

Yes, you do need to book the gym and spa. It’s very easy though, you can do it day by day, or book the same time each day.

I was impressed with the gym. It had more equipment and was bigger than I expected.

Here’s a nice view for you!

13 hours ago, aungrl said:

Thanks for doing Video #2!  Makes me homesick to be back on a Viking ship.  Wonderfully done.  Looking forward to the next ones.

I've just added my "light hearted" look at food onboard Viking Venus! 

It is on YouTube here... https://youtu.be/0PgDW4eXqhU

Thanks for your support!

• Like 4

David,  

Great videos!  Would you mind sharing how you put these together? You seem to be very creative and I’m curious how you film these, what goes into editing, etc.  How long have you been doing these reviews?

I know virtually nothing about taking videos, except the occasional clips of the family using my phone.

Thanks,

Jerry

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MarkTapley said:

David,  

Great videos!  Would you mind sharing how you put these together? You seem to be very creative and I’m curious how you film these, what goes into editing, etc.  How long have you been doing these reviews?

I know virtually nothing about taking videos, except the occasional clips of the family using my phone.

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Jerry!

Thanks for the comments! Actually this was our 1st Ship Tour, we only started the channel a few weeks ago, so I’m hoping to get better as I go along…. In the few videos I’ve done so far, I’ve learnt it’s a lot of work!!! Other YouTubers make it look so easy!!

You essentially put clips together to tell the story etc it is very time consuming, chopping video clips etc

Anyway, hope you’ve subscribed for future videos. Next up will be P&O’s Britannia. (I hope I don’t spend all the time comparing to Viking Venus!?)

Cheers,

David

• Like 1

Thank you so much for doing these videos.  I have been looking forward to seeing post-Covid cruise videos - in particular how the new protocols have changed things.  I have watched the tour of the cabin and I am looking forward to watching the others over the next couple of days.

• Like 1

What wonderful videos!  My mouth is watering from your dining tour.  I had wanted to do the British Isles Explorer next year but by the time I realized they were open for booking, all the dates were completely sold out! 😪  So I quickly booked for June 2023 - looks like our room will be just a few down from the one you had.  It is going to be an excruciating wait - although I do have a Viking River cruise hopefully going early Sept, having been postponed twice, so I guess I've been waiting almost 2 years for that one as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience, it was well done and much appreciated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goldwingers said:

What wonderful videos!  My mouth is watering from your dining tour.  I had wanted to do the British Isles Explorer next year but by the time I realized they were open for booking, all the dates were completely sold out! 😪  So I quickly booked for June 2023 - looks like our room will be just a few down from the one you had.  It is going to be an excruciating wait - although I do have a Viking River cruise hopefully going early Sept, having been postponed twice, so I guess I've been waiting almost 2 years for that one as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience, it was well done and much appreciated.

Thanks so much for your comments. I really hope you get to do your River Cruise…. Fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes and thank you so much for watching.

David

On 6/21/2021 at 8:28 PM, JerseyMom said:

Thank you so much for doing these videos.  I have been looking forward to seeing post-Covid cruise videos - in particular how the new protocols have changed things.  I have watched the tour of the cabin and I am looking forward to watching the others over the next couple of days.

Hello JerseyMom!

Thanks for the comments. And thank you so much for watching. Cruising in Covid times is just fine in my opinion. Yes you have to wear a mask and need to do a test each day, but it honestly didn’t distract us from having a great time.

Everything we love about cruising is still there in one way or another.

Sending best wishes from the UK!

See you up on deck!

David

Great video! We’re embarking our first Viking cruise in 6 weeks - Orion here in Bermuda!

Do any of the shops sell spirits as duty free?

We’re hoping they do and the Aquavits are on the shelves … I’m half Danish and have not been able to get any outside Scandinavia! 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I watched all your videos, since we are supposed to be on the Venus in January! Thank you so much for taking the time to make these videos--I know they are a great deal of effort!

The tour of the boat and room were so informative!!