cove balcony

gene g

On 6/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, BrotherCraig said:

Hope you are well, crewsweeper.  Are you getting on the Mardi Gras any time soon? Have a great weekend!  

We're fine.  Our Mardi Gras cruise is rescheduled to 2023.  Which is unusual for us as DW loves to hop on new ships early.   We're on RCCL twice in 2022.

• Like 1

The privacy, shade from the sun (burn super easily), proximity to the water, ease of getting on and off the ship, better availability of elevators, closeness to dining rooms are the reasons I love the coves. The only downside for me was the distance to the Cloud 9 Spa and Lido deck on the Dream class ships. Walked off a lot of calories though so not all bad. 

I haven’t sailed a Vista class yet but was delighted to see the spa on the same deck as the coves on the Mardi Gras, have 5 cruises booked on her, cove balcony all the way. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

. Walked off a lot of calories though so not all bad. 

I

You realize of course that you have to walk almost 5 miles Or climb over 500 flights of stairs ( not stair steps).  to burn off one serving of chocolate melting cake.😵 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

You realize of course that you have to walk almost 5 miles Or climb over 500 flights of stairs ( not stair steps).  to burn off one serving of chocolate melting cake.😵 

I say those things out loud  quite a bit and my wife is going to knock me out one of these days for bringing things like that up.  lol  I calculate almost everything I eat that way and it worked.  Surprised my wife hasn't stabbed me with a fork yet.  ha

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

We love the cove balcony, and would be on it again for our upcoming Panorama cruises, but I MUST try a Havana Cabana and see that that's all about. 

Havana Cabanas are our very favorite, and the only room type we love more than coves. Just the Havana area as a whole... 😍😍😍  (Unless you're talking about Mardi Gras, then 😞

• Like 1