Using Zoom on board?

jjeffjb

1 hour ago, jjeffjb said:

Oceania offers an upgraded internet connection for $10 a day.  Is this upgrade required to use the Zoom app on my personal device?

The only difference between the free and paid internet is removal of the streaming block on the paid version. So, one would assume Zoom would work with the paid version.

On 6/19/2021 at 10:13 AM, jjeffjb said:

Oceania offers an upgraded internet connection for $10 a day.  Is this upgrade required to use the Zoom app on my personal device?

A lot is going to depend on how many users are using it at the same time. I once bought the premium package on NCL. It was pretty fast, you could stream movies. That was very early in the morning. Once everyone else gets on it was slow. 

The last time we were on board, my traveling tech buddy from Apple told us there were about 1,000+ on line at any time of the day and we were on Riviera. Considering time differences, and weather conditions for the satellites and the servers, I would not expect to be able to carry on day to day business activities or meetings like at home.  JMO

Maybe someone needs to put server farms on  a ship in the middle of the oceans and sell access to the cruise lines.

Ciao all,

Gerry

• Haha 1