Rotterdam Future Cruise Credit

richwmn

On June 10th those scheduled for Rotterdam Sailings from Aug 1st to Sep 26 found out that our cruises had been cancelled.

Today I received an email telling me that my FCC was available -- yea!!

When I looked, the amount showed no relationship to the amount I paid for the cruise (much less), and no explanation for how they came up with the amount.

Curious what others have found.

6 minutes ago, richwmn said:

On June 10th those scheduled for Rotterdam Sailings from Aug 1st to Sep 26 found out that our cruises had been cancelled.

Today I received an email telling me that my FCC was available -- yea!!

When I looked, the amount showed no relationship to the amount I paid for the cruise (much less), and no explanation for how they came up with the amount.

Curious what others have found.

We had some posted today and they are WAY off. We had over 7K of a FCC that had been applied to the 8/1 booking from a March 16, 2020 cancellation. That shows nowhere. I also can't figure out how they arrived at the figures that they did post to our account.

I'm calling next week.

5 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

RichI canceled on June 2nd and was told to allow 30 days. I’ve heard nothing yet. 

I filled out the form for FCC on the 10th for the Aug 22 - 29 cruise as soon as I saw the email.

I filled out the form for FCC on the 11th for Aug 1 - 22.

2 minutes ago, Cailey53 said:

We had some posted today and they are WAY off. We had over 7K of a FCC that had been applied to the 8/1 booking from a March 16, 2020 cancellation. That shows nowhere. I also can't figure out how they arrived at the figures that they did post to our account.

I'm calling next week.

I've already sent an email to the PCC who was handling Rotterdam cruises, with a copy to the TA who has been very helpful sorting out my FCCs even though some of the cruises were not with her agency.

13 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

I believe they refund your taxes and fees so they wouldn't be figured into FCC.

I understand that but it doesn't account for the vast difference in the cost of the cruise and the amount of the FCC. The taxes and fees that show on my Vikings Cruises were $110.

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I understand that but it doesn't account for the vast difference in the cost of the cruise and the amount of the FCC. The taxes and fees that show on my Vikings Cruises were $110.

Rich did you also have Air on the reservation? That will be refunded. My experience has been that emails are auto generated as soon as there is any type of Future Cruise Credit, but unfortunately the amounts could be totally off and they are not done working on your reservation and sorting out what will definitely be converted and what is going to be refunded. I would not take the amount showing as the actual amount and give Holland America a chance to work on this. There are numerous HAL Reps that work on this. One does the first step of canceling it and it automatically goes to Future Cruise Credit even if you are asking for total refund or being switched to a new reservation. Just let them work through the process. It may actually take another 10 business days/2 weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:
12 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Rich did you also have Air on the reservation?

No air on this one, the air was tied to the premier voyage.

I would be happy if you are correct, however my experience thus far has not been good.

Rich

Rich, my FCC came in increments. I just kept checking. I got the smallest amount first and then it took weeks for the larger amount to show up. It finally got applied to my next scheduled cruise. It seemed to take forever. I do remember getting notifications that it was available but I don’t remember getting notified that it had been applied. Not quite sure why it’s in segments but that’s what happened with my last canceled cruise. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Rich, my FCC came in increments. I just kept checking. I got the smallest amount first and then it took weeks for the larger amount to show up. It finally got applied to my next scheduled cruise. It seemed to take forever. I do remember getting notifications that it was available but I don’t remember getting notified that it had been applied. Not quite sure why it’s in segments but that’s what happened with my last canceled cruise. 

thanks for posting that. I hope the same thing happens here. I do wish they would send an email with a full accounting of the money involved.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mskitty1 said:

So what is going to happen to our FCDeposit that we used from a previously cancelled cruise (2020) to book this Rotterdam cruise (8/1-21)?  

good question

Talked with an Agent at HAL yesterday and asked about my FCDeposits that had come from a previously cancelled cruise and now cancelled again.  She stated that the FCDs will be attached to our Mariner Number for future use.  I can NOT see them when I log on and she was not sure why, but assured me that they are there.