Specialty Restaurants?

kjwinston2019

51 minutes ago, kjwinston2019 said:

I am sorry, forgot that important info. I am looking for which one in the Solstice class. Reflection, Eclipse...etc. I just want to know which do you like and why.

On Solstice ships there are two restaurants which are great for a celebration. Murano’s offers some dishes with tableside cooking/presentation and has an air of being more formal. It has great food and excellent service and would be our choice for a special occasion. Tuscan is an Italian steakhouse/pasta with fabulous wake views, still worth a visit!

All S class ships also offer Le Petit Chef which is a set menu with a visual show. Interesting to do once but not suitable for a romantic meal for two. All S class ships also have Sushi on 5, again worth a visit but more relaxing than formal.

In addition Reflection and Silhouette have two deck venues, Lawn Grill and The Porch. They are covered but are partially open. We thoroughly enjoyed both. Dress here and atmosphere tend to be relaxed.

You will be able to search menus for all restaurants easily.

Celebrity does offer a range of gift options you can pre purchase including cakes and flowers. If you let the M’D of the restaurant you are dining in know you are celebrating a special occasion they will usually provide a celebration slice of cake (not usually  a full cake).

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 4:27 PM, kjwinston2019 said:

Which one is the most popular? I would like to know to make reservations ahead of time.

Thanks for your reply.

IMG_0366.JPG

My first choice would be Murano.  This is an upscale dining experience with excellent food and service.  Great for a special occasion.  My second choice would be the Lawn Club Grill which is outdoor dining.  This venue features grilled meats and seafood.  Lawn Club Grills are only found on certain S-class ships.  

Going on one of the UK Silhouette cruises this July and looking at the speciality dining packages. 
There is an option for reduced price for the first night for Murano, Lawn Grill and Tuscan Grill but when I login and try to book it won’t allow me to do so. 
Has anyone else had this issue before?

Also what is everyone’s opinion on the  packages and is it better to wait until you are onboard for discounts etc?

21 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Going on one of the UK Silhouette cruises this July and looking at the speciality dining packages. 
There is an option for reduced price for the first night for Murano, Lawn Grill and Tuscan Grill but when I login and try to book it won’t allow me to do so. 
Has anyone else had this issue before?

Also what is everyone’s opinion on the  packages and is it better to wait until you are onboard for discounts etc?

Cannot comment on your present booking difficulty. 

However, I can describe the usual package vs discount debate...

If you book a package you have a guaranteed reduction. On boarding you receive a card in your room with a reservation for the first night. Go to any of the speciality restaurants and swap it if you are not happy and at the same time book your other meals...

If you choose the wait until you board option simply visit any of the speciality restaurants or the table set up outside the buffet and see what they can offer. It may initially just be a first night reduction or they could immediately offer you a package. It will totally depend on how pre cruise sales have gone. We have been on cruises with great offers and others where no discounts were available all cruise for Murano’s and only early or very late slots for the other restaurants. 

I guess it it depends on how flexible you are...If you are not picky about day or time it could be worth waiting until you board but if you prefer the security of knowing you have guaranteed reservations then a package may be the way to go.

My comments are based on ‘normal’ times. Whilst the speciality restaurants have better table spacing anyway they may still want to limit numbers...If this is the case then ‘bargains’ may be harder to get.

Thanks for your comments. Maybe will wait until the first UK cruise has sailed and see whether anyone comments on discounts versus packages. 
so from what I understand when you book a package you cannot specify which restaurant you want on the first night? 

11 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Thanks for your comments. Maybe will wait until the first UK cruise has sailed and see whether anyone comments on discounts versus packages. 
so from what I understand when you book a package you cannot specify which restaurant you want on the first night? 

You book a time. On boarding a card is in your room with your time and restaurant venue. If you are happy, fine, if not just phone or visit one of the speciality restaurants and they will change it for you. Never had a problem. Note again, this is experience from pre troubled times, things could now be different. They may even have improved  the booking system...

Edited by chemmo

I also have found with Specialty Restaurants you want to get your time in as soon as possible. I see the pricing is different with 3-11 nights being offered. I have always enjoyed the Oceanview and I have always got what I asked for even if it is NOT on the menu. 

Even if you get the package pre-sail you get get your time in on the first day of the adventure.  

Have had the 3 night specialty dining package many times and was able to change first night location and other nights without a problem.  Just need to go to the restaurant once you get on board and make the changes.  We are sailing in November(hopefully) and for $18/person more I could make reservations for the times and specialty restaurants prior to sailing I wanted especially since I have no idea how things will be.  Both ways are good.  I guess one less thing for me to do once on board.

We have three favorites:

1. Murano for the food (the sole veronique and the chateaubriand are my favs)

2. Tuscan for the view - great if you get a window 2-top for a picturesque sailaway

3. Sushi-on-5. Good for something lighter or for lunch.

We usually book a dining package, and then head to Murano when we board and book in all our dates and times.

2 hours ago, talljules1 said:

We have three favorites:

1. Murano for the food (the sole veronique and the chateaubriand are my favs)

2. Tuscan for the view - great if you get a window 2-top for a picturesque sailaway

3. Sushi-on-5. Good for something lighter or for lunch.

We usually book a dining package, and then head to Murano when we board and book in all our dates and times.

We like Tuscan for the first night just as the sun is setting...usually empty and we get a seat by the window. But my favorite is Murano. While it does not have a view... the food, the service and the setting are terrific.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kearney said:

We like Tuscan for the first night just as the sun is setting...usually empty and we get a seat by the window. But my favorite is Murano. While it does not have a view... the food, the service and the setting are terrific.

Agreed!  Whilst we have had occasional poor meals/courses, generally Murano is great.  (I'd not recommend the scallop en croute if still on the menu. You either end up with soggy pastry or a bullet-hard scallop.  They will cook you some scallops though if you ask.)

I like the tableside prep of some dishes, but oh boy does it bug me when they do all that, then put them under cloches and do a big 'reveal' on the table.  Um - it's not a surprise! We just watched you do it!!!

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 2:35 PM, talljules1 said:

I like the tableside prep of some dishes, but oh boy does it bug me when they do all that, then put them under cloches and do a big 'reveal' on the table.  Um - it's not a surprise! We just watched you do it!!!

I still love the ‘big reveal’ and we may have experienced more than some of the waiters!