Do you think they will move embarkation port on August Gem sailings?

lux4me

9 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

No crystal ball, but starting to think they may follow royal Caribbean lines, unvaccinated can come onboard with restrictions in place for their access to dining, entertainment  on the Ship??

I hope not.  I booked NCL bc of the 100% vaccination.  While I understand being vaccinated significantly lowers my chances of getting sick, I don’t want to have to be quarantined if an unvaccinated passenger contracts it.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Malamel said:

I hope not.  I booked NCL bc of the 100% vaccination.  While I understand being vaccinated significantly lowers my chances of getting sick, I don’t want to have to be quarantined if an unvaccinated passenger contracts it.  

And for the unvaccinated, this latest variant isn't looking good for the countries that are experiencing it at the moment.  This isn't over yet.  By Aug, we may be back in more lockdowns and restrictions unless the unvaccinated get with the program.  

• Like 7

NCL clearly has a plan. They wouldn't have changed the Sky to the Gem if they didn't think sailings would be happening. I hope, for the sake of the people sailing on the Gem, that NCL keeps their vaccination requirement in place. But this is exactly why I decided to cancel my September Sky (now Gem) sailings and book the Breakaway out of NYC instead. It meant waiting an extra three weeks to sail, but I feel much more confident that those sailings will go on without issue.

• Like 3

I agree with @JamieLogical, I hope the September sailings go off without a hitch. I am planning on 100% vaccinated cruisers, but my wife and are scheduled to sail with MSC a couple of weeks before NCL, and they don't require all passengers to be vaccinated. It'll be interesting to compare the two.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

NCL clearly has a plan. They wouldn't have changed the Sky to the Gem if they didn't think sailings would be happening. I hope, for the sake of the people sailing on the Gem, that NCL keeps their vaccination requirement in place. But this is exactly why I decided to cancel my September Sky (now Gem) sailings and book the Breakaway out of NYC instead. It meant waiting an extra three weeks to sail, but I feel much more confident that those sailings will go on without issue.

I agree with you.  I have no cruises booked for 2021.  if I did, I certainly wouldn't book anything that goes out of Florida.  If Florida sticks to its guns and NCL does too, NCL cruises from Florida may end up getting cancelled.  The DeSantis endgame may be for Florida to become a bastion for the unvaccinated and their tourist money.  Of course, the downside of that is that the vaccinated and the virus-wary will stay away from Florida...I know I am.

• Like 5

Norwegian has stated during checkin that you need to come back 21 days before cruise to submit more information.  I’m guessing that’s proving the shot. Already had to attest that we had the shot and upload picture for checkin 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 10:00 AM, DCGuy64 said:

I agree with @JamieLogical, I hope the September sailings go off without a hitch. I am planning on 100% vaccinated cruisers, but my wife and are scheduled to sail with MSC a couple of weeks before NCL, and they don't require all passengers to be vaccinated. It'll be interesting to compare the two.

This is all getting hard to follow with all the different rules! Just read that MSC came out with their protocols and, although they are not requiring all passengers be vaccinated (not sure if they have hard percentage requirements though), but they have settled on applying the strictest practices to all passengers. So yeah, if someone is vaccinated it looks like they won’t have all the quarantining if they turn out to be a close contact of someone that tests positive stuff, but ALL passengers are going to be required to wear masks in ALL indoor public spaces and outdoor where social distancing is not possible.

That would be highly dissatisfying to me as a vaccinated passenger. I get why they are going this route given their decision on vaccination, but if there are other lines out there that are going with a higher percentage of vaccinated passengers with the freedom to go maskless, I’ll take that every time.

• Like 1

It’s a very good idea to follow people who are currently on MSC cruises to get the skinny on what’s actually done in practice vs what we imagine them to be. MSC cruisers I’ve read about who’ve recently traveled say the protocols are reasonable and do not detract at all from the cruising experience. You aren’t going to be required to have a mask on in the pool or while walking around outside, and not when you’re eating or drinking. Still, if any of the protocols aren’t to your liking, there are other lines out there. 

Totally want a fully vaccinated Cruise at this point, just mentioned many posts ago that NCL may cave in with Florida cruising, letting unvaccinated aboard with restrictions.  We canceled our Florida Cruise on Oct 19, Joy, Caribbean, to Oct 24th out of LA, Mexican Rivera just because of the Florida situation.  Final payment not until end of August, enjoying looking forward to a VACATION, but not making any flights yet 🤐

• 2 weeks later...

I think they can have a fully unvaccinated cruise as they can simply say the cruise is completely 100% vaccinated and refusal to show proof will mean denied boarding.  They are not asking you for proof they are letting you make the devious for yourself to show proof or be denied boarding. Simple.  You don’t show proof it is considered breach of contract and not entitled to refund.