Web Check-In Website Issues

kilkoyne

Anyone else have difficulty filling in required information online with MSC's Web Check-In? The same thing happened when I cruised in 2019, the site won't accept the information I try to input and/or it won't save it.

In 2019 I had to call a representative but I forgot what happened. I do remember her telling me a that time that the website has issues. My cruise isn't until Sept but it would be nice to have this out of the way. Thanks

16 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

Anyone else have difficulty filling in required information online with MSC's Web Check-In? The same thing happened when I cruised in 2019, the site won't accept the information I try to input and/or it won't save it.

In 2019 I had to call a representative but I forgot what happened. I do remember her telling me a that time that the website has issues. My cruise isn't until Sept but it would be nice to have this out of the way. Thanks

Not so much an issue with the required information, but I have seen that if/when we move reservations, it doesn't retain our uploaded photos. Honestly, I think I spend too much time online as it is, since our cruise is more than 2 months away, I'll leave it until the beginning of August. There's no rush.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 11:16 AM, kilkoyne said:

Is it true that check in for MSC is only 48 hrs before sailing October 31?  I will be traveling during that time so it might be an issue for me.  Thank you for letting me know your experience on this.

19 minutes ago, italophile2 said:

Is it true that check in for MSC is only 48 hrs before sailing October 31?

The rule is you must complete check-in before 48 hours before sailing.  You can complete the check-in process any time after booking, however you cannot get your boarding tickets until about 20 days before sailing.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

We booked a cruise 2 days ago, and did the check in yesterday with no problem. Docs won't be available until 20 days before departure. Sometimes it's sooner, depending on when you pay it off. The only other thing, I guess is the health form.

4 hours ago, worldtravelista1 said:

I'm having issues also. I completed everything, did the web check-in. And says my travel documents are ready, but I'm unable to view or to print out. ugggghhhhh lolol... on hold now w the customer service. 

Ours came via email - I also cannot print any documents from the MSC website.
Check your email and look in the "promotions" tab just in case.  The email came from msc-tickets.no-reply @ msccrociere.it  and the title is Eticket - [booking#] - MR 08/02/2021 Miami, Florida Cabin Nr. xxx

See you in 3 weeks!!!!

• Like 1

9/25 sailing & got my docs TODAY

Got an email from MSC this morning saying to complete the web checkin.

I did and later got another email with the download attachment for the docs & luggage tags.

Printed everything off OK

So much for 20 days before the cruise........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shippy said:

9/25 sailing & got my docs TODAY

Got an email from MSC this morning saying to complete the web checkin.

I did and later got another email with the download attachment for the docs & luggage tags.

Printed everything off OK

So much for 20 days before the cruise........

I got an email also for the same sailing date. I can't do anything until my new passport arrives. I hoping my check-in goes through without issue too.

Edited by kilkoyne

After I enter all the passenger information it brings up a screen saying that all the required information hasn’t been entered and thus we can’t go any further. Happens on two seperate reservations and three separate passengers. I sign back in, everything is populated, same message. This is a December 23rd sailing. Does it tell you this until the 20 day mark? I’ll post a screenshot here in a bit. 

We have 2 sailings in November. Received email today. Not sure if it is for both.

Update…

Looked up bookings and this email is for our Feb 2022 cruise.   😮 WOW, totally skipped over 2 in November. 

In Hawaii now, pre-clear was a breeze. 
Hoping MSC is just as organized.

Edited by phissy

I find everything about this very frustrating.   I completed what I could online and get an error message, essentially.    My travel agent sent me the complete ticket, boarding passes and luggage tags by email.   Both the website and the MSC app make it look as if I still need to check in, but MSC customer service assures me that I am checked in and won't have any trouble getting on board.   However, they refuse to send me an email stating that despite the MSC app showing I NEED to check in, I am already properly checked in.   It did not seem like much to ask for and I don't understand why they refuse.   My hope is that this amounts to nothing, but it creates anxiety on my part and does not represent proper customer service.    I have spent approximately four hours either waiting to speak with customer service representatives or on the phone and this is all I get.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, papadave said:

I find everything about this very frustrating.   I completed what I could online and get an error message, essentially.    My travel agent sent me the complete ticket, boarding passes and luggage tags by email.   Both the website and the MSC app make it look as if I still need to check in, but MSC customer service assures me that I am checked in and won't have any trouble getting on board.   However, they refuse to send me an email stating that despite the MSC app showing I NEED to check in, I am already properly checked in.   It did not seem like much to ask for and I don't understand why they refuse.   My hope is that this amounts to nothing, but it creates anxiety on my part and does not represent proper customer service.    I have spent approximately four hours either waiting to speak with customer service representatives or on the phone and this is all I get.   

You would not have gotten your boarding passes if you were not checked in !

20 hours ago, papadave said:

It did not seem like much to ask for and I don't understand why they refuse.   

It’s worth considering, and this is only conjecture, that MSC is in the middle of litigation to get out of a contract with the webmaster who does their website.  A couple of clues.  A) this message board has ample anecdotes from users speaking on the phone with customer service who intimated that MSC isn’t any happier than you are with it and B) the website never changes structurally.  I don’t mean your account doesn’t update or change, that’s a separate issue. I mean malfunctions are never fixed, links are never updated, login results are dependent on how you log in.   All of this suggests a customer (MSC) who has stopped communicating regular business to a merchant (who I believe is Akamai International B.V. in Washington D.C. based on corporate data at the following analysis website).   All of this to say, if MSC is, indeed in the middle of separation from this webmaster it would follow that they would be loath to share certain facts about the dysfunction of the website.      

https://kontactr.com/website/site/msccruisesusa.com

Edited by MotownVoice

6 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

It’s worth considering, and this is only conjecture, that MSC is in the middle of litigation to get out of a contract with the webmaster who does their website.  A couple of clues.  A) this message board has ample anecdotes from users speaking on the phone with customer service who intimated that MSC isn’t any happier than you are with it and B) the website never changes structurally.  I don’t mean your account doesn’t update or change, that’s a separate issue. I mean malfunctions are never fixed, links are never updated, login results are dependent on how you log in.   All of this suggests a customer (MSC) who has stopped communicating regular business to a merchant (who I believe is Akamai International B.V. in Washington D.C. based on corporate data at the following analysis website).   All of this to say, if MSC is, indeed in the middle of separation from this webmaster it would follow that they would be loath to share certain facts about the dysfunction of the website.      

https://kontactr.com/website/site/msccruisesusa.com

hmmm....I haven't had any trouble with them..

Did a real easy checkin with them earlier this week.  Within minutes of finishing, my boarding pass & luggage tags were in my email.

14 hours ago, Shippy said:

hmmm....I haven't had any trouble with them..

Did a real easy checkin with them earlier this week.  Within minutes of finishing, my boarding pass & luggage tags were in my email.

If you’re booking a trip for which you’re already entitled to receive your boarding passes you’re making a comparison that doesn’t even exist.  People who are having trouble with the website and not seeing enough information are people who have booked with considerably more lead time. Of course they’re going to give you priority treatment.  You’re a current guest.  

On 7/14/2021 at 5:42 PM, worldtravelista1 said:

I'm having issues also. I completed everything, did the web check-in. And says my travel documents are ready, but I'm unable to view or to print out. ugggghhhhh lolol... on hold now w the customer service. 

Down load the MSC for Me app, got to the profile section then the checkin section and you should be able to get your tickets emailed to you. Good luck

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

If you’re booking a trip for which you’re already entitled to receive your boarding passes you’re making a comparison that doesn’t even exist.  People who are having trouble with the website and not seeing enough information are people who have booked with considerably more lead time. Of course they’re going to give you priority treatment.  You’re a current guest.  

Can't really follow you. Are you saying new bookings or old bookings have it easier ?

Mine is an old booking.