Windstar just cancelled the June 26th cruise......

Windsailer

Fron Windstar:

We are working diligently with local Caribbean authorities in regards to COVID policies and rules for visiting various island countries. A number of island nations have recently revealed new COVID policies for entry which hinges on vaccination rates. While we can confirm our guests will be 100% vaccinated, we have run into challenges sourcing vaccines for our crew. Due to this new policy, we cannot visit many of the islands on our Caribbean itinerary.  

We have been fortunate to source vaccines for the remaining crew on the Star Breeze but in order to execute this we unfortunately need to cancel your June 26 Caribbean cruise. We apologize for this inconvenience and understand how disappointing this will be for you. 

We are offering a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valued at 125% of monies paid to Windstar Cruises. From there, you have two options:

Option 1:         Book another Windstar Cruise. If you have the flexibility, we hope you can take advantage of a “lift & shift” to another Star Breeze sailing on the same itinerary departing on one of these dates in July 2021 – July 10, July 17 or July 24. We will honor your paid cruise fare on the new sailing and offer you $250 per guest towards offsetting any airline or hotel change fees you may incur. Should you not be able to sail in July, you will have 24 months from the issue date of your FCC to sail with the FCC.  Please allow up to four weeks to receive the FCC certificate. 

Option 2:         Receive a Cash Refund. Should you wish to convert your canceled voyage FCC into a cash refund, you may do so once the FCC certificate is received. Please follow the link on the FCC certificate to request this option. Windstar will deactivate the FCC valued at 125% and process the refund to the original form(s) of payment at 100% of the monies paid to Windstar Cruises. You will have 24 months from the issue date of the FCC to request the refund.  Please allow for up to two weeks to receive the refund. Please note Windstar does not reimburse third party (non-Windstar) travel expenses or fees. However, given the short notice of this cancellation, we will provide you a $250 refund per person to offset any airline or hotel change fees you may incur.

Pretty disappointed.

Currently on Star Breeze circling aimlessly around St Martin.  Pretty fed up with their mask and social distance requirements , while they couldn’t get their own crew

vaccinated.  Heard it would now be a free cruise, but that has yet to materialize.  Food is good, that’s all the kudos for Windstar so far.

1 hour ago, Windsailer said:

Windstar sent me a letter as did my travel agent. 

I am sad they waited so long to do it. Nothing has really changed in how the island are handling visitors in the past week. 

Oh so sorry for this. I hope you get to go at another time. I'm sure it will be a hard decision for people as to whether it is worth it to continue down this road. We have room on July 24th. That is if we even leave the dock !  Thank you for keeping everyone in the loop. Take care.

Wow, Windstar clearly dropped the ball on this.  We were booked on this trip and we are obviously scrambling to make changes.  We got a phone call about our flight being oversold so this may help the oversold flights into St Marten on American.  We have reservations for Oyster Bay on Thursday for a couple days in advance.   Our best bet to save some of our effort and funds is to switch over to Celebrity on Sat and been working on that since we got Windstar’s letter.  Not as easy as one would think.  I called Windstar last week and asked about this and was assured nothing had changed.  I can honestly say that I am most disappointed in Windstar and how they let this mess play out…….

It seems like the situation managed the Management Team instead of the Management Team managing the situation!  WOW, WOW, WOW

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oldsweets said:

Wow, Windstar clearly dropped the ball on this.  We were booked on this trip and we are obviously scrambling to make changes.  We got a phone call about our flight being oversold so this may help the oversold flights into St Marten on American.  We have reservations for Oyster Bay on Thursday for a couple days in advance.   Our best bet to save some of our effort and funds is to switch over to Celebrity on Sat and been working on that since we got Windstar’s letter.  Not as easy as one would think.  I called Windstar last week and asked about this and was assured nothing had changed.  I can honestly say that I am most disappointed in Windstar and how they let this mess play out…….

It seems like the situation managed the Management Team instead of the Management Team managing the situation!  WOW, WOW, WOW

Oyster pond yacht club is fabulous.  Beautiful hotel on a pristine beach.  You might choose to just stay in St. Martin and not try to cruise.  We have stayed in St. Martin many times.  Enjoy St, Martin.

Just read on another page where someone (maybe that person is here too) talked to windstar who said they are dropping off pax Saturday and heading to San Juan for vaccinations. 

Edited by minidonuts85

6 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

Just read on another page where someone (maybe that person is here too) talked to windstar who said they are dropping off pax Saturday and heading to San Juan for vaccinations. 

That was me, and so, yes, I am here.....

• Like 1

Just now, caymancouple said:

That was me, and so, yes, I am here.....

What hubby and I can not figure out is why they don't fly the vaccine to St. Martin and administer ASAP.

I am sure there must be some government regulation in the way.

29 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

What hubby and I can not figure out is why they don't fly the vaccine to St. Martin and administer ASAP.

I am sure there must be some government regulation in the way.

Probably because the US wants to administer the vaccines in its own country. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

Probably because the US wants to administer the vaccines in its own country. 

Or the vaccine storage and administration requirements are easier for them to meet in San Juan. St Martin is working on getting their own population vaccinated.

5 hours ago, ATL Tiger said:

The July 3rd cruise I am on was book on out of St Martin was as well

Yes I was booked on the July 3rd sailing also. I received the cancellation e-mail this afternoon. Windstar dropped the ball on this from the beginning. How could they not plan to have their crew vaccinated? 

3 hours ago, Oldsweets said:

I was booked on the July 3rd sailing and wrote an e-mail to Windstar last week. The response from Windstar was "don't worry everything is fine with your itinerary and no changes. All crew will be vaccinated by June 26th.". Management really dropped the ball on this. A fiasco from the beginning. 

• Like 1

That cancellation email is just ugly and so sorry to OP and others who received it. Have seen that email three times in the last year and it's like being sucked into a black hole in your nightshirt. WS doing it's best as with all cruise lines, but this damn COVID is a vile serpent.

• Like 3