Edge S1 Aft

Cruising89143

Going to be booking the Edge tomorrow for next May and we’re trying to decide which stateroom to book. I have found a few photos and one video of the S1 corner afts. Does anyone have any comments as to which decks have deeper balconies or does one deck provide more shade/overhang than others? The other option would be an S2 forward which is closer to the Retreat. We love those large aft balconies and know that it will be further away from the Retreat and not really sure if that’s a big deal. 

The negative seems to be the furniture on the balconies. Rather sad compared to the S class IMHO.

Appreciate any feedback. I looked at the Edge stateroom sticky but gave up after a few pages.

we had an s1 aft in 2019, i think deck 10. the balcony was huge and did have loungers by the time we sailed. I didn't notice that any of the decks had larger balconies, and if so it was negligible. We're normally all for aft balconies, but given all of the retreat areas were forward, we're opting for a midship S2 on our next edge sailing. It was no fun having to plan out going to the retreat deck as much as if we were on an excursion. And we normally enjoy the walk, but not when it's the entire length of the ship every time I forgot something!

33 minutes ago, OtherFigment said:

we had an s1 aft in 2019, i think deck 10. the balcony was huge and did have loungers by the time we sailed. I didn't notice that any of the decks had larger balconies, and if so it was negligible. We're normally all for aft balconies, but given all of the retreat areas were forward, we're opting for a midship S2 on our next edge sailing. It was no fun having to plan out going to the retreat deck as much as if we were on an excursion. And we normally enjoy the walk, but not when it's the entire length of the ship every time I forgot something!

We will need to give this some thought. We had the same issue on the NCL Bliss. We booked the Haven but we were aft and it was a haul going to the Haven each time. Thanks for your help.

12 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Going to be booking the Edge tomorrow for next May and we’re trying to decide which stateroom to book. I have found a few photos and one video of the S1 corner afts. Does anyone have any comments as to which decks have deeper balconies or does one deck provide more shade/overhang than others? The other option would be an S2 forward which is closer to the Retreat. We love those large aft balconies and know that it will be further away from the Retreat and not really sure if that’s a big deal. 

The negative seems to be the furniture on the balconies. Rather sad compared to the S class IMHO.

Appreciate any feedback. I looked at the Edge stateroom sticky but gave up after a few pages.

I just went through this for my upcoming Edge sailing. After research and watching videos I choose an S2 on deck 10. Much closer to the Retreat...more private balcony....ocean facing bed and the opening bathroom mirror. 

Thanks to everyone for your comments. We ended up in an aft corner S1 on deck 11. Even though it will be a walk to the Retreat we won’t be really using the Retreat area for lounging. We will use our balcony. This is a cruise in the Mediterranean so we feel that the aft will be better for this itinerary.

We ended up canceling our upcoming EQ cruise out of FLL. Too many unanswered questions at this point after Friday’s court decision. Not even sure what cruising out of Florida will look like in seven weeks plus a few other things that made us change our minds but I won’t list. 😉

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 2:42 PM, cruisingator2 said:

Thanks to everyone for your comments. We ended up in an aft corner S1 on deck 11. Even though it will be a walk to the Retreat we won’t be really using the Retreat area for lounging. We will use our balcony. This is a cruise in the Mediterranean so we feel that the aft will be better for this itinerary.

We ended up canceling our upcoming EQ cruise out of FLL. Too many unanswered questions at this point after Friday’s court decision. Not even sure what cruising out of Florida will look like in seven weeks plus a few other things that made us change our minds but I won’t list. 😉

We mostly book S1 corner aft suits...on E class the balconies are very large; enough for 2 loungers and several chairs.  You should be very pleased.  if you book on S class, the balconies will be smaller, but the angle is very nice!  Even the E class SV's have great balconies!  Deck 11 was fantastic on Edge.  We were in 1168 and loved it on a TA across the Atlantic.  The wake view is excellent!  For apex we have deck 11 on a b2b in October of 2022.  Our Reflection cruise was just canceled - a b2b with TA.  You should be extremely pleased with your choice.  However, the bed faces the side, but the bathroom layout, IMHO. is better than the other S1's and S2's.  The corner afts do the have the see-through mirror, but the balcony makes up for that!

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

We mostly book S1 corner aft suits...on E class the balconies are very large; enough for 2 loungers and several chairs.  You should be very pleased.  if you book on S class, the balconies will be smaller, but the angle is very nice!  Even the E class SV's have great balconies!  Deck 11 was fantastic on Edge.  We were in 1168 and loved it on a TA across the Atlantic.  The wake view is excellent!  For apex we have deck 11 on a b2b in October of 2022.  Our Reflection cruise was just canceled - a b2b with TA.  You should be extremely pleased with your choice.  However, the bed faces the side, but the bathroom layout, IMHO. is better than the other S1's and S2's.  The corner afts do the have the see-through mirror, but the balcony makes up for that!

Thank you for your feedback. We booked the opposite corner. Looking forward to a great cruise.