American Cruise Line

pegdit

Has anyone used this company?   Have my eye on the Grand New England Cruise for June 2022.   Feel more comfortable staying in the US for now anyway so if anyone has been on this cruise or any of their cruises I would appreciate any feedback.   They definitely are more pricey, more along the lines of Viking but I'm leaning to go on a smaller ship for a change.

Thank you!!

P

1 hour ago, pegdit said:

Has anyone used this company?   Have my eye on the Grand New England Cruise for June 2022.   Feel more comfortable staying in the US for now anyway so if anyone has been on this cruise or any of their cruises I would appreciate any feedback.   They definitely are more pricey, more along the lines of Viking but I'm leaning to go on a smaller ship for a change.

Thank you!!

P

As DaveinCharlotte just wrote - you're on a forum for american cruise lines - so read the comments/questions.  Also here is also a link to ACL reviews on this website:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/american-cruise-lines-cruises/cl/

Scroll through the topics on this board.  The ACL website is pretty informative.  I have cruised with ACL once in 2019 had another tripped booked for last year.  Eventually rescheduled the Grand New England for June 2022.   

I prefer to travel in the States.  So much to see will never see everything.  ACL cruises are very quiet - no on ship activities,  there is evening  entertainment - could be local musicians, or speakers.  

The feeling I got on the cruise was I was traveling with friends I hadn’t met yet.  it was very comfortable.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 5:58 PM, Izena said:

Scroll through the topics on this board.  The ACL website is pretty informative.  I have cruised with ACL once in 2019 had another tripped booked for last year.  Eventually rescheduled the Grand New England for June 2022.   

I prefer to travel in the States.  So much to see will never see everything.  ACL cruises are very quiet - no on ship activities,  there is evening  entertainment - could be local musicians, or speakers.  

The feeling I got on the cruise was I was traveling with friends I hadn’t met yet.  it was very comfortable.   

We agree with Izena's comments, based upon our previous (several) cruises with ACL.

NRayH

8 hours ago, PeabodyMa said:

• Does ACL have free wifi or paid wifi?

WiFi is free.

8 hours ago, PeabodyMa said:

• Are meals always at shared tables or will they seat you at a table for 2?

Meals are usually at shared tables.  Depends on the ship.  Most tables seat either 6 or 8, but there are usually a few for 4.  Don't recall tables for 2, but could be wrong about that.

• Thanks 1

To PeabodyMa, Our whole point in scheduling a river cruise is to network and associate with other people.  It is the small size and possibility of developing friendships that attracted us.  We have been on 16 ocean cruises so if you want to be a loner, don’t spent the big bucks for a river cruise and book an ocean cruise and go to the buffet lines.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just received a new brochure from American Cruise Lines. Quite disappointed in the brochure, too vague. Oh the itineraries look fantastic, but what ship on what route? No suite pictures. No dates published, just the month of sailing? Sold-out dates? Discounts ($$) published but no details. Worst of all no price ranges. They want you to call 1-800-981-9149, so that's what I will resort to today.

Things are changing so quickly in the travel industry, that printing brochures with that much detail are usually out of date by the time the customer receives them. You don't need to call he 800 number. Just log onto their website. All the info you are looking for is on the website and is probably up to date.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, kwahl1 said:

Just received a new brochure from American Cruise Lines. Quite disappointed in the brochure, too vague. Oh the itineraries look fantastic, but what ship on what route? No suite pictures. No dates published, just the month of sailing? Sold-out dates? Discounts ($$) published but no details. Worst of all no price ranges. They want you to call 1-800-981-9149, so that's what I will resort to today.

The website has all itineraries and ships and prices and availability - you might check it out.  https://www.americancruiselines.com/

• Thanks 2

Did our first and last sailing with ACL in June 2021. We found the food and the organization Below Par.

We sailed 4 times with a small ship with 78 passengers so being small is no excuse for below par food.

Yes the internet &  Wifi is free, but no connection to outside world when not in port.

You can find my review of our ACL Constellation Cruise on this board.

I am looking at a different small ship cruise line for American rivers and coast.

• 2 weeks later...