Refund

mcbridedori

Canceled cruise because  cabin mate is not vaccinated.  I asked for full refund since I already have 3 other cruises booked.   I received my deposit back on a gift card since that is how I paid.   Waiting on rest of refund on credit card.  How long does it take?  

1 hour ago, mcbridedori said:

Canceled cruise because  cabin mate is not vaccinated.  I asked for full refund since I already have 3 other cruises booked.   I received my deposit back on a gift card since that is how I paid.   Waiting on rest of refund on credit card.  How long does it take?  

When I canceled a few months ago took about 3 weeks in my experience 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcbridedori said:

Any refunds I asked for from the cancelled cruises went right back onto my credit card within a couple of days.  Last month a couple of deposit prices went down and I asked for the difference back.  They showed up on my credit card by the next morning.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sailingships said:

Any refunds I asked for from the cancelled cruises

went right back onto my credit card within a couple of days.

Last month. a couple of deposit prices went down

and I asked for the difference back. 

They showed up on my credit card by the next morning.  

That is pretty good going!

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised at the sheer efficiency!

1 hour ago, cmukid87 said:

Is it an option to cancel and have the entire balance on a gift card? 

If you cancel all funds go back to the form of payment you used, you can not have a gift card issued (unless that is how you paid, then you will get a new one).

I received a gift card refund for my cruise within a week (I paid with gift cards), I just received (a couple days later) gift cards for the spa and couple other small fun shop purchases I had made.

What I have not received yet are the portions I paid for on my credit card (shore excursions and faster to the fun).  I am still waiting for that.

My experience is, the things you paid for with gift cards happen really quick... credit card refunds take longer.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, wemjam said:

I received a gift card refund for my cruise within a week (I paid with gift cards), I just received (a couple days later) gift cards for the spa and couple other small fun shop purchases I had made.

What I have not received yet are the portions I paid for on my credit card (shore excursions and faster to the fun).  I am still waiting for that.

My experience is, the things you paid for with gift cards happen really quick... credit card refunds take longer.

Updated, 2 weeks now and I received FTTF back to credit card.  Still no excursion refund to card yet.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:18 PM, wemjam said:

When we booked Carnival shore excursions online for Belize in 2018 we had to pay the local tourist company so your refund might not be coming back from Carnival.

Edited by sailingships

It was booked through Carnival.  In the past I have always received the refund from Carnival when cancelling direct from Carnival.

I have never booked an excursion with Carnival and paid the tour company direct.

Wow you guys are lucky. Maybe it was because my first cruise that got cancelled was in March 2020, that one took 4 months and i had to fight to get it back. My next one took less time but i want to say it was at least 6 weeks